Oregon Shooting

Kev3188 said:
Southern Oregon leans to the right, but the freakshow that greeted Obama today doesn't accurately represent them at all...
Guess BaRacks photo op, concerning a tragedy, didn't go the way he planned !

townpete said:

Hey buttercup, when its gang on gang violence...both are bad guys.

Where do you even come up with this horsesh!t?

Great.  Let's let every law abiding citizen own a gun.  Now....how do you identify a law abiding citizen? 

• Banned
KCFlyer said:

Great.  Let's let every law abiding citizen own a gun.  Now....how do you identify a law abiding citizen? 

You don't know what a law abiding citizen is?

Here's a hint: Someone who abides by the law.

Why are these simple concepts such a struggle for you lefties?

KCFlyer said:
Okay...I'm chewing.  Gang on gang violence.  One side of the gang is considered "bad guys with guns".  The other side of the gang is considered "good guys with guns".  Everybody is armed.  Killings continue.  Now...the right likes to say that if everybody was armed, our violent crime rate would drop.  But Chicago proves otherwise.   When someone on the right screams about "gun control"...they point to Chicago...the city with some of the strictest gun control laws in the country..and "Obammy" doesn't do anything about it.  When it is pointed out that in Chicago...those that are being killed because of the gun control laws most likely died with a gun on their person...they respond with "it's gang on gang violence".   It would seem that the "bad guys with guns" aren't deterred because someone else might be carrying a gun. 

But the solution to these problems is to arm everybody.  Then a guy who plans on dying while shooting up a school or a theater will be too afraid to try it since he might get killed by "a good guy with a gun".  Think about that one.  Odds are, he's going to get at least 5 people in his spree before the good guys with guns in the crowd realize what is going on...that's called "processing the situation"...and responding.  THEN he gets killed by a good guy with a gun.  But he was either going to kill himself, or he PLANNED on getting killed by someone else.  But the fact remains....he still killed 5 people.  

And given that MOST good guys with guns haven't ever shot at another human being...and havent' been in a situation where they needed to shoot there gun while they  were among several other law abiding human beings.....they will either delay in making sure their aim is good (allowing more innocents to be shot up by the madman), or they will start firing willy nilly into a crowd of people...hoping that they hit the bad guy.
Your logic and common sense run counter to the sweaty white guy hero narrative...

• Banned
Kev3188 said:
Your logic and common sense run counter to the sweaty white guy hero narrative...

Heh,  you all love float that canard about someone stumbling around shooting into a crowd, except it never happen. Rather just the opposite as i have posted proof many pages back.

But keep posting your "what if's" canards, they only make your arguments more ridiculous and uninformed. 

townpete said:

You don't know what a law abiding citizen is?

Here's a hint: Someone who abides by the law.

Why are these simple concepts such a struggle for you lefties?

Okay....I'm a black guy who walks into a gun store in Chicago.  Do you sell me a gun?  Or am I not law abiding enough for you?   

KCFlyer said:
Okay....I'm a black guy who walks into a gun store in Chicago.  Do you sell me a gun?  Or am I not law abiding enough for you?
Why don't you ask BaRack?

southwind said:
Why don't you ask BaRack?

Not sure what Obama has to do with identifying "law abiding citizens".   I merely pointed out that despite the fact that everybody is armed in Chicago, the murder rate keeps going up.  According to many on the right here, simply knowing that somebody else might have a gun will prevent senseless shootings.  But everyone in Chicago DOES seem to have a gun - and it hasn't stopped those who want to use them in a bad way from using them.  If a bad guy knows that another bad guy might kill him, but that doesn't stop him from killing someone else - why would a guy who WANTS to die be deterred from shooting up a school full of armed kindergartners? 

• Banned
KCFlyer said:

Not sure what Obama has to do with identifying "law abiding citizens".   I merely pointed out that despite the fact that everybody is armed in Chicago, the murder rate keeps going up.  According to many on the right here, simply knowing that somebody else might have a gun will prevent senseless shootings.  But everyone in Chicago DOES seem to have a gun - and it hasn't stopped those who want to use them in a bad way from using them.  If a bad guy knows that another bad guy might kill him, but that doesn't stop him from killing someone else - why would a guy who WANTS to die be deterred from shooting up a school full of armed kindergartners? 

Now you are being purposefully ignorant. 

Majority of the gun crimes in chicago are done by criminal gangs upon each other who obtained said weapons illegally.

Not by law abiding citizens. 

There's also plenty of stories of law abiding citizens who protected themselves from criminals in Chicago as well.

• Banned
This is what law abiding citizens/gun owners in Chicago do:

Homeowner shoots intruder

Clerk fatally shoots armed robber at Wauconda convenience store

Homeowner Shoots Intruder In Lake Highlands

Burglar Fatally Shot By Homeowner

You see the difference KC? 

Law abiding gun orders protecting themselves from criminals with legally purchased firearms.

VS

Gang members mostly killing each other with illegally obtained firearms.

If you cant understand the basic difference then just stop.

You're just embarrassing yourself already.

Back