Let The Games Begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know about Deltas rate of terminations, but they do have a long retarded psych test just to get hired.

Can I say that without being prosecuted?

Btw this was awesome to engage with 700 after waking up hung over and stuffed from a long evening spent with family and other guests...

Kev3188 said:
Totally unnecessary.
Retailers do seasonal hiring this time of year, wouldn't being a stock clerk at US be valuable experience?

Kev3188 said:
Many others feel that way too. No different than the business model of UPS or food trucks that continually receive fines for parking in restricted areas, they simply pay the fine and move on a routine cost of doing business that ultimately gets passed onto the client.

Kev3188 said:
BTW, happy Hanukkah.
Thanks. I sincerely hope it was coincidence you felt the need to include that in the same post, granted we are going on the third night tonight and this is the first reference you have made.

Josh

Wt when my dad was a sta mgr he never once terminated a person during his tenure. He gave people chances etc.

700UW said:
Yet you claim to speak for Delta Employees and your not one.

Simply amazing.
Again, please provide a link to a post where WT claims he speaks for DL employees.

Josh

robbedagain said:
Wt when my dad was a sta mgr he never once terminated a person during his tenure. He gave people chances etc.
I have no idea how long his career was but if he worked a typical 30 year career and didn't fire anyone, he probably let alot of people thru that should have been terminated.

Every employer gives people a chance... the  chance of succeeding with every employee to the point they produce up to expectations is very tiny.

WNMECH said:
I don't know about Deltas rate of terminations, but they do have a long retarded psych test just to get hired.

Can I say that without being prosecuted?
sure.... and it is a given that some people who are working for DL today would have never passed the test. 

700UW said:
...you are nothing now when it comes to the New Delta that you were never part of.
I actually think that's part of the issue here. WT walked away from the airline several years ago. This site is the only avenue he has left to the industry, so he lives vicariously through it.

That's fine, but the truth is that with each passing day he (or anyone in the same boat) becomes more and more disconnected from what really goes on.

Furthermore, the fact that the "New Delta" is hitting on all cylinders may sting, but the fact that trash and donkeys (his terms) are helping make that happen may be too much to bear.

Just a theory...

737823 said:
Btw this was awesome to engage with 700 after waking up hung over and stuffed from a long evening spent with family and other guests...
What're you, 22?

Glad you had fun, but geez...

Many others feel that way too. No different than the business model of UPS or food trucks that continually receive fines for parking in restricted areas, they simply pay the fine and move on a routine cost of doing business that ultimately gets passed onto the client.
You're equating a $13B fine with parking tickets?

Wow (again).

Thanks. I sincerely hope it was coincidence you felt the need to include that in the same post, granted we are going on the third night tonight and this is the first reference you have made.

Josh
Totally meant to be taken at face value. Or not. Up to you.

WorldTraveler said:
sure.... and it is a given that some people who are working for DL today would have never passed the test.
Why? Does it flunk you if you can critically think?

Actually wt... my dad started on the ramp at friendship bwi in 1968 then went to customer service and went up to sta mgr and he also was ops mgr in bos 98 to 00.. before dropping that position unlike some hard arse mgmt my dad always tried to help people durin his tenure btw he retire 1 week shy of 33rd yr bec dl had chopped abe from mainline to express comair I think took over jan 1 2002 he cld have chosen anther station but he chose to retire had enough of the aviation world

Its ok robbed, you arent the first and wont be the last.

And thanks Kev, you always have my back, if I make out your way during the Alliance Campaign, I will make plans to get together.

And to you josh, glad I can send that to the moderators for your harassment.

Seriously, this stuff needs to be moderated:

When a topic is about 'Flowers,' and someone changes the conversation from 'Flowers' to 'Guns' then that person should get a warning.  Likewise, when someone says that she is a vegan, and someone else responds saying: "you're an aszhole for being a vegan," then that person should also be warned/suspended - for engaging in personal attacks, instead of staying on topic.

Also, this rating-crap should be done away with, as this is just another tool to engage in ego battles.  A better alternative, or an additional suggestion would be to be able block someone who does not enjoy reading your opinions/comments.  This way, the person who doesn't like your writing doesn't have to suffer through the emotional trauma of having to respond with a nasty comment in the future.  Right now it is the other way around.

robbed,
your father's story is actually typical in many ways. But the DL that your dad started at isn't the DL of today. DL has and will always give employees a chance. But that doesn't mean that statistically not every employee will adapt.
It still doesn't change the critical question that DL terminates any more employees than any other carrier.

Kev,

your theory is wrong. Plain and simple.

You have tried ENDLESSLY to try and paint me as disconnected from DL but what you can't wrap your little head around is that I RETIRED from DL which means I accrued multiples more years of service than you have at ALL of the airlines you have worked for and likely you will never accrue the years of service at DL that I did.

You can't argue that I was molded into the DL image, that DL is stuck in a culture which is unlike anything else, and then say I am disconnected from it.

DL is indeed a great deal today what it has always been. I know very much what DL did to change its culture and the whole reason why you can't fit in is because it is still much less like what NW was and much more built on DL's strenghts.

What DL "fixed" was its complacency and its failure to plan and strategize including fixing problems at the first opportunity. That in part is why DL's employee philosophy is not what it was when robbed's dad was a manager.

DL gives employees a chance to correct problems... but they won't wait forever as they once did.

You want DESPERATELY to paint me and anyone else as out of touch so that you can be free to trash DL. You're out of luck, buster. It won't happen.

The psychological testing that DL did was done by a licensed psychologist who used widely accepted tools. The primary purpose was to measure aptitude and thus it was targeted at employees based on their intended work areas.

Insomuch as some people did not have the aptitude or personality to do the jobs they applied for, they would be rejected. An employment history and an interview doesn't do the same thing.

Seriously, this stuff needs to be moderated:

When a topic is about 'Flowers,' and someone changes the conversation from 'Flowers' to 'Guns' then that person should get a warning.  Likewise, when someone says that she is a vegan, and someone else responds saying: "you're an aszhole for being a vegan," then that person should also be warned/suspended - for engaging in personal attacks, instead of staying on topic.

Also, this rating-crap should be done away with, as this is just another tool to engage in ego battles.  A better alternative, or an additional suggestion would be to be able block someone who does not enjoy reading your opinions/comments.  This way, the person who doesn't like your writing doesn't have to suffer through the emotional trauma of having to respond with a nasty comment in the future.  Right now it is the other way around.

Thanks Kev.

700 send whatever you want to the mods just saying you come on here posting this BS, again I challenge you to find a single post to support your cagey that WT speaks for all DL employees. Please identify such post(s).

Josh

Give employees a chance?

Really, go ask the flight attendant who had to sue to get her job back because of the lab making mistakes and she was clean and they said she wasnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back