LAX Maintenance Town Hall 2/24/15

Overspeed said:
Just watched the ORD town hall. I thought it was a hot bed of labor unrest. The one AMT who spoke at the end about labor/management issues asked Isom but didn't seem angry at all. Watch it yourself.

Isom blamed the JCBA not happening and no raises on the hold up with deciding representation.
If they wanted some slow pitch lob type questions they would come to TULE and face you and the rest of the 74%ers!
If the line is looking to get parity with our competitors I hope they get it ALL! I expect the company has a nice looking package they are hoping no one will look very deep into..

If AA is so proud of what they are looking at offering they would put it out there for scrutiny right now!

Overspeed said:
Just watched the ORD town hall. I thought it was a hot bed of labor unrest. The one AMT who spoke at the end about labor/management issues asked Isom but didn't seem angry at all. Watch it yourself.

Isom blamed the JCBA not happening and no raises on the hold up with deciding representation.
To be fair, it was a long cold night stormy night everyone was tired.

One thing I noticed was that Isom kept bringing up line maint as being an important part of AAs future, not much mention of base maintenance.

bigjets said:
To be fair, it was a long cold night stormy night everyone was tired.
One thing I noticed was that Isom kept bringing up line maint as being an important part of AAs future, not much mention of base maintenance.
And IF he came to Tulsa it would be base maintenance is a big part of AA's future, little mention of line maintenance....

CLT Town Hall up on website. US Airways AMT Albert Gonzalez makes a great point during session. Company has been making the comment that "they" are excited about getting to SCS and sitting down with the TWU/IAM Association to get us raises. Really tripped up Isom and Jones about how it sounds like the Company is pushing for the Association instead of staying out of representation issues.

Brother Gonzalez makes a great point about how the Association was arrived at and why. Take a look see on jetnet 

bigjets,
I think Isom is speaking in regards to how US does more LC type work out in the field than AA has ever done. If the new AA is looking to emulate the US type programs, LC work will become Phase Checks and HCs will still be base work. Given that AA and US have received a lot of new aircraft and will continue to do so, 10 year old aircraft will become more and more scarce driving down HC/MBV type work which then leaves airframe overhaul shrinking long term. Another thread is stating that MD80s are going to be gone by 2017 and with 757s making a fast exit as well, TUL AO does not have a bright future however the Line should grow. TUL and TAESL AMTs may find their future is with "elitist" line AMTs in places like JFK, MIA, ORD, DFW, LAX, and SFO to name a few.

The MX world is changing based on new types of aircraft as well as the way the new AA becomes more like the existing US phase check world.

Overspeed said:
CLT Town Hall up on website. US Airways AMT Albert Gonzalez makes a great point during session. Company has been making the comment that "they" are excited about getting to SCS and sitting down with the TWU/IAM Association to get us raises. Really tripped up Isom and Jones about how it sounds like the Company is pushing for the Association instead of staying out of representation issues.

Brother Gonzalez makes a great point about how the Association was arrived at and why. Take a look see on jetnet 
Albert Gonzalez is an AMFA supporter big time,then he supported the IBT.

He hates the IAM.

dfwgen,
I'm not saying anything about his character. I don't know him. I'm saying he brought up a valid point.

If he is an AMFA and IBT supporter it would mean he doesn't really have a preference about another union just as long as it's not the IAM from his viewpoint. As far as his critical thinking and who should represent us, we have a different opinion. As of late I am very disappointed in the current TWU leadership but I am not going to advocate tossing the union. Tossing the current leadership? Yes. They current TWU leadership seems to be good at either preserving their own positions or creating new roles for themselves. As a member I feel caught up in their BS and left holding an empty bag.

Overspeed said:
dfwgen,
I'm not saying anything about his character. I don't know him. I'm saying he brought up a valid point.

If he is an AMFA and IBT supporter it would mean he doesn't really have a preference about another union just as long as it's not the IAM from his viewpoint. As far as his critical thinking and who should represent us, we have a different opinion. As of late I am very disappointed in the current TWU leadership but I am not going to advocate tossing the union. Tossing the current leadership? Yes. They current TWU leadership seems to be good at either preserving their own positions or creating new roles for themselves. As a member I feel caught up in their BS and left holding an empty bag.

Just a question for you Overspeed.
How many times do you have to be screwed by your own union before you say "enough"?

IAM is just as (if not more) dictatorial towards the membership as the TWU.
We fought for years trying to change it until we dumped them.
Granted the UA M&R bought the IBT propaganda hook line and sinker but found out it was not any better.

Any way, I know you guys N'gals are between a rock and a hard place and this 'association' bs just set you back 2 years (or more).

Any who, good luck for the future and hope you all get it hammered out.

Take Care,
B) xUT

700UW said:
Albert Gonzalez is an AMFA supporter big time,then he supported the IBT.

He hates the IAM.
Irregardless , he said all the same things I've been saying about the Asssociation , and I'm not an AMFA or IBT supporter.

And everything he said was right on the money.

Back