LAX Maintenance Town Hall 2/24/15

700UW said:
The IAM and both the TWU stated their will be a membership vote.

Please show me where either union has stated different?

Now, try real hard, yes or no.  

Do you think the TWU/IAM should have first asked the membership through a vote if they approve of an Association?

A vote is a vote, does it matter if it takes place before SCS or after?

700UW said:
The IAM and both the TWU stated their will be a membership vote.

Please show me where either union has stated different?
700 is correct.  He has been saying this whole time that there still will be a vote. The TWU/IAM has also stated that there will be a vote.  But I am still very worried that there will not be one.  Why else would the NMB spend all these man hours, money and time for the last 30 plus weeks working on it on a gamble that the membership votes it down.  I would think the NMB would of wanted a membership vote to show the approval prior to all this time the NMB has been spending on this.  I honestly just hope you guys do get a chance to vote on it.  The negative part about this vote, and 700, you have confirmed in the past, is the fact that we are being told that there will be limited options on the ballot.  Correct me if I am wrong here 700;  1-a Yes vote for the association,  2-a no vote which may mean no-union, and a 3-"write-in" option.  The two unions want this No-union option on the ballot to scare the membership into voting for this association.  They both know for a fact that if the option was a NO vote would just resort both carriers back to their current representative unions and then order a run-off just between TWU and the IAM with the typical time limits for others to present cards to be installed on the ballot and of course the 2 typical "write-in" and "speak-in" options then one of the two would be gone if not both.  There has already been closed door discussions between the TWU/IAM and the NMB as has been admitted by the TWU.  So why won't the TWU share with the membership what ALL took place during these closed door meetings???  Really makes most of us wonder what is really going to be the final outcome, a vote or no vote for the membership...

The question I have is why the company execs are so motivated for us to get to negotiations.

I believe in ORD no one asked about the NMB decision or why it is taking so long and it promted Isom to bring it up where he called on Wroble to do his little song and dance.
Every town hall has the same theme and it is We want to get to negotiations and give you DL +7 and he adds "in wages" recently I've noticed.

So, what is it they want? I fear their Joint Contract offer will have a few high points they hope will sway the majority..Look at the whole package and it will probably be a POS!

It doesnt matter to me, as long as there is a vote.[/quote

Still waiting for you, nyer or anyone else to specifically point out when an Association of two unions petioned the NMB for representation rights WITHOUT FIRST balloting membership to the formation of such Association , and then was placed on the ballot without anything more than an agreement between a couple of guys.

Show me one.

Bob,
You sure like blaming me and portraying me as all powerful but I only have one vote. A lot of other people have to vote the same I did.

How much blame do you and your vote no coalition own in shooting down the 2010 TA? Granted it wasn't perfect but we missed out on years of $38/hr pay plus 100% SK pay waiting for the perfect deal. Still waiting. An incremental return of concessions would have been better than what we have now.

Overspeed said:
Bob,
You sure like blaming me and portraying me as all powerful but I only have one vote. A lot of other people have to vote the same I did.

How much blame do you and your vote no coalition own in shooting down the 2010 TA? Granted it wasn't perfect but we missed out on years of $38/hr pay plus 100% SK pay waiting for the perfect deal. Still waiting. An incremental return of concessions would have been better than what we have now.
I think I covered this before, I blame all those who voted Yes, but you are the one complaining about what you helped put in place. I've also made clear that never before has a Union asked to not be released after NMB mediated talks failed. By 2009 it was clear the company was not going to move yet Don continued to drag things out. The International refused to ask to be released and I'm still confident that had they asked, we would have been released, because there is no precident of them not releasing an Airline after a failed mediation and a rejected TA. The clock would have started, that would change stakes and I think in order to avoid a PEB, and all the disclosure that comes with it, the company would have moved considerably. If not we would have faredpretty well as far as compensation. I still think they would have jumped into BK because they wanted concessions from the Pilots and our Headcount today would be no differnt than it is now, but without Don, and the Yes votes, of which you are one, the formula would have been based on hours not dollars.

Its not the No voters fault that you voted for a worse deal than what was rejected in 2010. You should have rejected the 2012 deal as well. You certainly leave a lot out concerning the 2010 rejected agreement such as the fact it was a zero cost contract, changes in one area were paid for by concessions elswhere. It not only was a far from perfect deal it was in fact an extension of the 2003 deal, all we were doing was trading concessions to end up with the same zero cost contract that left the full dollar amount of the 2003 concessions in place. That is a fact and the company even stated that.

We werent the target, we were already at the bottom of the Industry, people like you made us a target of opportunity.

Bob,

The IAM Mechanic and related voted down a TA in the 30 day cooling off period, they went into super mediation, we stayed on the job five days longer after the board released us, and yes we went on strike.

700UW said:
Bob,

The IAM Mechanic and related voted down a TA in the 30 day cooling off period, they went into super mediation, we stayed on the job five days longer after the board released us, and yes we went on strike.
Since you mention it, how long were you on strike for and what was the result?

We went on strike for five days and came back on our terms, not the company's, we did give a year pay freeze and cut, we got double our money back after one year, and stock options also.

So it was a win for us.

Back