IAM Stepping Up campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
700UW said:
Kevin he cant be rational.

He shows is desperation when he insults, attacks, and lies.

I wonder if he talks to people in Brazil like that and converts them.
Pot !  Meet Kettle !

• Banned
  • #1,667
FA%20outsource.jpg

Hey 700 why dont you attack the UA members for supporting the agreement like you constantly harp on freedom? The membership ratified it afterall right? I hope the UA agreement is a hindrance to the DL campaign and based on what Kev says it would seem it is.

Josh

I can see this program being a hot mess. The last thing a crowded plane needs is more people in the aisles. Like a lot of things at this place, it seems like we're looking for the right answers, but asking the wrong questions...

Even the staunch AFA F/As at UA always assert that lifting luggage isn't part of their job duties, so this is non-covered work even under their work rules heavy CBA so what gives? The activists would be kvetching if new duties were expected of them, the company can do no right.

As for the logistics, safe to assume this is only at hubs and certain large non-hub stations?

Josh

737823 said:
Even the staunch AFA F/As at UA always assert that lifting luggage isn't part of their job duties, so this is non-covered work even under their work rules heavy CBA so what gives? The activists would be kvetching if new duties were expected of them, the company can do no right.

As for the logistics, safe to assume this is only at hubs and certain large non-hub stations?

Josh
We can start with the fact that while in theory it's not "covered work," the expectation to perform it is still there.

Then we can  move on to how the F/A's are still not paid at all for boarding, but now someone else will be instead to do work that the F/A will be expected to do on the downline segments.

Oh, and just for fun, the C-Suite is trying to sell it as an "enhancement."

Next, let's toss around the the idea of EVEN.MORE. people in the aisle during boarding. You fly a lot, right? Tell us what a full 757 turn is like. In August. In ATL. Think adding 1-3 more people into the mix will make that better?

How 'bout branding? That's a huge deal here at the Widget, you know. How will having someone from G2 or Huntleigh affect that? Remember, the perception will be that these are DL employees. You'll "get it," and so will some other HVC's, but still...

And speaking of HVC's, how're you going to like just settling in to, say, seat 3B, and instead of getting a pre-flight drink, and maybe reviewing the next presentation you'll be posting on here from, this "helper" is leaning against your seat back for the duration? Nice view? Pleasant boarding experience?

Yeah.

A hot mess.

Obviously the company thinks having more personnel onboard will help. When I flew Singapore Airlines they always have contracted personnel onboard to lift passengers carry-on up the stairs on the A380 (and formerly 747), the personnel didn't interfere with the process and kindly asked if anyone would like assistance and they either accepted or respectfully declined. Although my A380 experience on Lufthansa and Qantas has not been the same. Granted, a DL domestic flight on a narrowbody in ATL may work out differently.

In terms of expectation who are you referring to? Customers? The company? If it's not in the CBA and its not covered work they are within their right to refuse. Who cares if it ticks off a few pesky passengers. In my experience UA F/As make very clear they are not to lift luggage. As for me, I always offer elderly or other pax needing assistance on any flight or carrier. Most times it seems to be appreciated.

ETA: as for departure drinks I think they are overrated and not sure why so many people dwell on them. Its nice but its not the end of the world. I bring my own Sigg bottle and fill at the airport. It's green and saves money, water from the fountain is more than adequate. And DL of course leaves mini Dasani bottles too.

Josh

737823 said:
Obviously the company thinks having more personnel onboard will help. When I flew Singapore Airlines they always have contracted personnel onboard to lift passengers carry-on up the stairs on the A380 (and formerly 747), the personnel didn't interfere with the process and kindly asked if anyone would like assistance and they either accepted or respectfully declined. Although my A380 experience on Lufthansa and Qantas has not been the same. Granted, a DL domestic flight on a narrowbody in ATL may work out differently.
If not executed perfectly every time, you can bet it will

In terms of expectation who are you referring to? Customers? The company?
Both.

If it's not in the CBA and its not covered work they are within their right to refuse.
All well and good, except we're talking about DL where the F/A's don't have a CBA. Remember what thread we're in?

Who cares if it ticks off a few pesky passengers.
I do.

ETA: as for departure drinks I think they are overrated and not sure why so many people dwell on them. Its nice but its not the end of the world. I bring my own Sigg bottle and fill at the airport. It's green and saves money, water from the fountain is more than adequate. And DL of course leaves mini Dasani bottles too.
Just trying to paint you a picture here, Josh...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back