Flight Attendant Sick Calls

AAStew

Veteran
Feb 24, 2003
I just received a form letter from flight service where I am being place on second written warning! In the past four years I have called in sick five times! Previous to that I had several years of perfect attendance scattered with years of 1 or 2 sickcalls. I am in tears and furious as I write this. I am not abusing the sick policy, I do not take family leave..... AA used Fedex to send me this letter, yet they will not send me my AIP check as I have to go pick it up! (At airport I am not flying out of for a while).
I called my supervisor (which I know is not necessary) before I called in to let advise him how sick I was! In two weeks I would of been back at perfect attendance and back to self management. This is such BS, I am so tired of the crap that goes on here, does anyone know of any class action lawsuit that is being put together? If this is the way it is going to be....I am going to play the game for all it's worth!
Thank you for letting me rant!

I just received a form letter from flight service where I am being place on second written warning! In the past four years I have called in sick five times! Previous to that I had several years of perfect attendance scattered with years of 1 or 2 sickcalls. I am in tears and furious as I write this. I am not abusing the sick policy, I do not take family leave..... AA used Fedex to send me this letter, yet they will not send me my AIP check as I have to go pick it up! (At airport I am not flying out of for a while).
I called my supervisor (which I know is not necessary) before I called in to let advise him how sick I was! In two weeks I would of been back at perfect attendance and back to self management. This is such BS, I am so tired of the crap that goes on here, does anyone know of any class action lawsuit that is being put together? If this is the way it is going to be....I am going to play the game for all it's worth!
Thank you for letting me rant!

Unfortunately for people like you and other who only call in sick when they are truly sick, there are the bad apples who bomb in SK left and right. I have pulled up countless *4 where one year does not fit on a single screen both paid and unpaid. These are the ones who screw it up for the rest of us. Usually always the case.

Have you checked with HR. Seems if you were on the verge of being self managed so soon, something ought to be able to be done about it. Good luck

Unfortunately for people like you and other who only call in sick when they are truly sick, there are the bad apples who bomb in SK left and right. I have pulled up countless *4 where one year does not fit on a single screen both paid and unpaid. These are the ones who screw it up for the rest of us. Usually always the case.

Have you checked with HR. Seems if you were on the verge of being self managed so soon, something ought to be able to be done about it. Good luck

Why are you pulling up *4s? There is no reason for you to do so. Your job is to TAKE the sick calls, not investigate flight attendant's records.

This is clearly misuse of your SABRE privileges.

He is not abusing anything. We have the ability to see the =4 to correct any mistake we might have done. Dont go off on this abuse BS. You are just trying to pick a fight. You would be amazed how many removal that flt svc sends that we have to correct and to do so we need to have the ability to see the +4

We also get many questions about a flight attendands own sick record...so relax

Why are you pulling up *4s? There is no reason for you to do so. Your job is to TAKE the sick calls, not investigate flight attendant's records.

This is clearly misuse of your SABRE privileges.

Oy Vey. Get over your self will you. I have to add, delete and modify sick calls on a regular basis. If I do not have the ability to look at the *4 I cannot do my job. Secondly, if I was not supposed to have access to the information, the *4 would be restricted and I would not have access to because of my duty code. Far be it from me to deprive you of your fantasy world but how about taking a visit to reality every now and then. Then again, if you actually had a clue as to what Crew Skd did, you would not be making such foolish remarks.

Oy Vey. Get over your self will you. I have to add, delete and modify sick calls on a regular basis. If I do not have the ability to look at the *4 I cannot do my job. Secondly, if I was not supposed to have access to the information, the *4 would be restricted and I would not have access to because of my duty code. Far be it from me to deprive you of your fantasy world but how about taking a visit to reality every now and then. Then again, if you actually had a clue as to what Crew Skd did, you would not be making such foolish remarks.

Adding, deleting or modifying sick calls does not qualify you to make value judgements when looking at *4s.

There is a big difference between HAVING to access the *4 to do your job, and simply pulling *4s to be nosey and to justify your opinion that flight attendants are nothing but lazy scam artists bent on defrauding the company.

Maybe if YOU had a clue as to what flight attendants really do, you wouldn't be making such stupid remarks yourself. Remember that you would not have a job without flight attendants. I doubt there are many other departments in the company that would put up with your attitude.

Adding, deleting or modifying sick calls does not qualify you to make value judgements when looking at *4s.

There is a big difference between HAVING to access the *4 to do your job, and simply pulling *4s to be nosey and to justify your opinion that flight attendants are nothing but lazy scam artists bent on defrauding the company.

Maybe if YOU had a clue as to what flight attendants really do, you wouldn't be making such stupid remarks yourself. Remember that you would not have a job without flight attendants. I doubt there are many other departments in the company that would put up with your attitude.
Where in Garfiled's post does it say he randomly pulls the +4 to make a value judgement. I don't think he is saying F/A are lazy Scam Artists. He said that there are bad apples in the bunch that ruin it for everyone. My My My are'nt you defensive

And please do tell all of us that want to know. I would like a clue as to what you really do, as a flight attendant. Unless it is more than what I assume (serve drinks.and food take care of any minors or elderly that need help, ensure the safety of the passengers at a time when necessary. Board and deplane the aircraft, and make announcements accordingly and explain the safety features of our Aircraft). Please let me know what I am leaving out.

You have no idea what their job responsibilities entail. Get off your self righteousness and sounding like a paranoid victim.

You have no idea what their job responsibilities entail. Get off your self righteousness and sounding like a paranoid victim.

Neither do you.

Speaking of self-righteous, look in the mirror.

You make me laugh (I'm sure that happens to you a lot.) "Paranoid victim" describes you and your TWA victim mentality to a "T," as in TWA. :rolleyes:

Some petulant old men just have too much time on their hands. :rolleyes: I guess you have to occupy your time somehow between the inevitable frequent bathroom breaks. :rolleyes: Get a hobby.

...and get a life. :rolleyes:

I don't think he is saying F/A are lazy Scam Artists. He said that there are bad apples in the bunch that ruin it for everyone.

This sentiment is peppered throughout virtually every one of Garfield's posts. His disdain for the very same group without which he would have no job is obvious.

Plenty of bad apples in Crew Schedule too. Two examples here.

Straaight Taalk you could not even be in the same room as L10. I have spoken to him in private and he is an honest and good person. I can not say as much for you. As far as Garfield...he is a bit bitter but he calls them like he sees them...and to many they cant handle it.

Straaight Taalk you could not even be in the same room as L10. I have spoken to him in private and he is an honest and good person. I can not say as much for you. As far as Garfield...he is a bit bitter but he calls them like he sees them...and to many they cant handle it.

Garfield and L10 are alike. Petulant, mad at the world, intolerant and judgemental.

Both need to get a life.

You're not much better, though you did go up a few points, for whatever it's worth, when you went up against donttouchtheugly. :rolleyes:

Back