A letrer from USAPA's Law Firm (EAST THREAD 8/17-24)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you missed my question:

When has your leadership done, lately (or ever) that's been successful or beneficial for you guys?

Anyone?

Oh ya, and the union money your guys spent on busses and the lawsuit is going to come back and haunt your MEC.

Didn't miss your question/s. That is why it's time for a new union.

Good points June. Once again thanks for pointing that out. By your analogy ALPA has failed the pilots for at least my last 20 years anyway. Couldn't agree with you more!!

Once again you're right. And once again I have to say it's time for a new union that has participative oversight. i.e. a VOTE!!
Funny thing is somewhere in the past the MEC passed a resolution giving us the right to vote. Still waiting to cast my multiple ballots on many issues. I guess I can't now unless it envolves the CBA. Oops. Oh well.

Please keep posting the ALPA and MEC errors. It only helps us get the fence sitters to make a commitment. Thanks Again.
If USAPA needs this board to push the fence sitters, then you've definitely lost.

You guys don't have the cards.

If it was going to happen, you would have had your cards already.

If USAPA needs this board to push the fence sitters, then you've definitely lost.

You guys don't have the cards.

If it was going to happen, you would have had your cards already.

No I like to cut and paste replies for the crew room. Really, all the things you and the others have pointed out about National and local MEC is great for us. I say again Thanks!!

Not yet anyway. But each day more are coming in. How long has it been? About 30 days since USAPA went public?

Maybe we do and maybe we don't. I really don't know yet. All good things take time. Some of the fence sitters are waiting for the garbage to come out of the Rice Cmte. When that fails, I believe we will win them over. Like I said, it will be a no brainer to get the rest of the cards.

addendum. We have a lot more than anyone gives us credit for.

No I like to cut and paste replies for the crew room. Really, all the things you and the others have pointed out about National and local MEC is great for us. I say again Thanks!!

Not yet anyway. But each day more are coming in. How long has it been? About 30 days since USAPA went public?

Maybe we do and maybe we don't. I really don't know yet. All good things take time. Some of the fence sitters are waiting for the garbage to come out of the Rice Cmte. When that fails, I believe we will win them over. Like I said, it will be a no brainer to get the rest of the cards.
Guess we'll have to see.

And just out of curiousity, are you one of those east pilots that really believes the Nic Award is going to go away if ALPA is decertified?

Guess we'll have to see.

And just out of curiousity, are you one of those east pilots that really believes the Nic Award is going to go away if ALPA is decertified?

Yes we'll have to play it out.

As for Nicolau? To be honest, I've read the posts and just don't know. Bear has some good thoughts, for that matter you do to. So do others who post here. But we'll never know until USAPA is on board. Also, I would have voted for a new union 10 years ago, last year and if given a chance I would vote them off tomorrow. There has always been the undercurrent of anti ALPA sentiment on this property. We finally have the events and massive bungling to bring it to the forefront.

By the way, Why do you always shuuush Nos. Is that a joke? What's up with that?

Yes we'll have to play it out.

As for Nicolau? To be honest, I've read the posts and just don't know. Bear has some good thoughts, for that matter you do to. So do others who post here. But we'll never know until USAPA is on board. Also, I would have voted for a new union 10 years ago, last year and if given a chance I would vote them off tomorrow. There has always been the undercurrent of anti ALPA sentiment on this property. We finally have the events and massive bungling to bring it to the forefront.

By the way, Why do you always shuuush Nos. Is that a joke? What's up with that?
Nos is a lurker who adds nothing to a thread and pretends to be a pilot.

He did post one very good quote which I did keep, but other than that, he provides nothing but links to pics and soundbites.

I'm curious as to who your source of info is for the Nic Award going away with a new union. I really hope you're not getting is solely from this board and USA320Pilot.

Take it for what its worth, but I can and do guarantee you that we're stuck with it. It will never go away.

Nos is a lurker who adds nothing to a thread and pretends to be a pilot.

He did post one very good quote which I did keep, but other than that, he provides nothing but links to pics and soundbites.

I understand. But I really don't know if he is or isn't a pilot. I used to be a non member lurker. Finally decided to join recently. I love reading the arguments you get into. Some are quite good.

As for The ALPA, my distaste runs way back to '89. Like a good little clone I tried to get envolved and was sold down the river after 6 months of very hard work. All it took was a stroke of the pen and our MEC Chrm. at the time sold out pay for a lot of pilots at Piedmont. Since then I have been of the opinion that ALPA really has to go.

As I said, give me a viable alternative besides ALPA and I will consider it. But right now USAPA still has my full support.

I'm curious as to who your source of info is for the Nic Award going away with a new union. I really hope you're not getting is solely from this board and USA320Pilot.

Take it for what its worth, but I can and do guarantee you that we're stuck with it. It will never go away.

Didn't see your edit. You may be right. But if it stays so be it. As long as ALPA goes.

I hope Nicolau goes away but if not, at least I've done my part to get rid of ALPA before I retire. Which may be sooner than planned but still manageable.

Eye, this picture is way too funny!

As far as the USAPA card count, it is my understanding the NMB Form 1 will not be filed until USAPA has a comfortable number of cards, which could happen in the not-to-distant futre. Interestingly, USAPA now has West pilots sending cards and an individual who is going to lead the West effort to kick ALPA off of the property.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Eye, this picture is way too funny!

As far as the USAPA card count, it is my understanding the NMB Form 1 will not be filed until USAPA has a comfortable number of cards, which could happen in the not-to-distant futre. Interestingly, USAPA now has West pilots sending cards and an individual who is going to lead the West effort to kick ALPA off of the property.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
Chip, share with us what you smoke or swallow...

Accept reality and move on. It will be healthier for you.

GL

Shhhhhuuuush Nos.

You're not even a pilot.

Hmmm...why no "Shhhhhuuuush"-ing for Bear's postings then? :shock: :lol: If pilots were the font of all wisdom, we wouldn't be in this current mess.

Just curious: What are you guys/gals gonna do if/when the decertification actually happens?...Have a collective cardiac event?...a sorrowfull "group hug"?...Who'll be the first to admit: "Geeezuzz...these guys were serious?".."We couldn't have guessed more wrong" "perhaps, just perhaps, we should have tried other approaches..anf thought just a wee bit outside of our "Righteous Position"/etc ;)

Interestingly, USAPA now has West pilots sending cards...
Heck, I'd even be willing to send in a card. The sooner the vote takes place the sooner IMO the USAPA can die.
... and an individual who is going to lead the West effort to kick ALPA off of the property.
Hmmm, would that individual be the same (first initial Hotel) who retires this Autumn?

Just curious: What are you guys/gals gonna do if/when the decertification actually happens?
I'll do the same thing I did when TWA was taken over by AA and our collective-bargaining-agent became the APA: I'll join so I can have a voice and a vote. There's an expression in French, plus ça change, plus c'est la meme chose, , the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Heck, I'd even be willing to send in a card. The sooner the vote takes place the sooner IMO the USAPA can die.Hmmm, would that individual be the same (first initial Hotel) who retires this Autumn?

PM your address and I will send you a card. I will be in CLT to meet Mr. Prater(can't call him capt as all he is flying is a desk) and will tell him to send the list to the company. We need to get on with this mess and see what happens.

BTW, why do you have a lawsuit against ALPA. Shouldn't you have just accepted what happened at TWA and moved on? I mean, you didn't have any career expectations there anyway, right? They saved you guys from shutting down and you should have been happy for what ever you got. Sound familiar?

BTW, why do you have a lawsuit against ALPA.
Because they broke the law (DFR) by simultaneously trying to recruit the APA to rejoin ALPA and defending us against them.
Shouldn't you have just accepted what happened at TWA and moved on?
I did. I can both move on and support a lawsuit to get ALPA (mostly Woerth) to admit his wrongdoing.
I mean, you didn't have any career expectations there anyway, right?
Only a neutral entity can truly determine that. After all, if the APA was so sure their interpretation of our career expectations was true they shouldn't have minded having an arbitrator decide. Binding arbitration is the fairest way to decide seniority issues, come what may.
They saved you guys from shutting down and you should have been happy for what ever you got.
If by "they" you mean American Airlines you may be correct. If by "they" you mean the AA pilots you are incorrect. The AA pilots alone got to decide how to integrate the TWA pilots.
Sound familiar?
Yes, but you never heard such words from me. I didn't save anybody's job. The pilots of AWA and USAirways had nothing to do with the financial conditions or dealings of our employers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back