Who is Tired of the east constant negativity

As the east gleefully scuttles their last remaining lifeboat, taking the livelihoods of thousands of hard working (look up the definition) AWA employees, they do so under the delusion that their idealized past will waiting for them at the end of their swath of destruction. Parkers letter concerning the change in control hints at his misgivings in adopting such a negative group, and his regret at putting so much effort into giving them the benefit of the doubt. From paint colors to flight numbers to boarding priority, Parker caved into every eastie tantrum in a vain attempt to turn around the negativity. It is bittersweet that the end is being all but cast for US at the hand of those for whom so much was done in the name of sparing them the loss of their jobs. Now when the 2 billion is spent and the lights are turned out, the easties can slap themselves on the back and congratulate themselves for having finally won one.

For the first time, I understand and agree that the Delta employees had it right.

You sir, have consumed one too many Cactus Cool-Aids. You have got to be kidding with that post. The word poppycock is a nice way to describe this diatribe.

If anyone is charged with scuttling the lifeboat, it would be Captain Parker and First Mate Kirby.

The West is not perfect but we know #### aint going to change(been there done that for years before you had to start to suffer the west have been doing for years)
So from your post I take it that you think we should all bend over and just take it ? Sorry we've done that through all we have given up ...each time we have a new management team we're told more promises (lies) just as your team in Tempe has done. We have had enough and this is a good outlet as any to let off steam.
As for this thread...I need to thank you for YOUR Bi##hing (which is what your post really is-so you're just like the rest of us)....the responses on here have made me LMAO !!!
We have some really funny posters on here with great responses...I laughed the whole time I read this thread...a lot of quick wit ! Just some added stress relief when you work for a company that is sinking faster than the Titanic ! :lol: Keep it coming !!!

OK - I have a few things.... Just a few.

1.) Keep OCC/Move SOC to PIT

2.) Expand with new jets (A350/787/Emb 190's)

3.) Keep the US Airways Names (for marketing, a name known better in the world)

4.) Keep with (Plane - Hertiage icons)

5.) Planes with Sports Teams - Ex: PIT Stealers plane,

6.) Profit Checks - (I may wish I had more but its better than nothing.)

7.) Seniority Boarding... - I personally do not like it but I again would not have liked to bump someone who had worked 20 + of me off either.

8.) A new Branding (New colors) I make like all of them (AW colors/USAir Colors/US Airways Colors) but then again, its new "fresh Paint" and at least they are trying to "create a image" which we "LACK"

9.) New uniforms for Gate Agents/Flight Attendants/Pilots (Again, I may not like all the choices, but they are a good start)

10.) The ability to jumpseat on (east aircraft - vise versa)

11.) hum....No red and profits? (now wheres my bonus-and pay raise) LOL
OK... Again, I am not a kool-aid drinker but Sometimes we need more POZ messages than ones that go in the dumps...

OK SkyHigh.... I met your requirements - Now Whats my prize? LOL
Good post! Your prize? A cold one! Just like Daddy...

Now this kind of bickering is just what the exec's like to see...sibling rivalry.
Get it together, people. We ALL biatched about our respective companies before this merger, so stop acting like one or the other was peachy. They both had snot on the mirror.

OK SkyHigh.... I met your requirements - Now Whats my prize? LOL
[/quote]

Not quite. While some of these may be instances of a few good decisions (OCC & Profit Sharing), they are not indicative of excellence and competence in the areas of Technical Skills, Interpersonal Skills, Conceptual Skills and Managing Change - widely agreed as the benchmarks of good management.

Take Res Migration. Can you say with conviction that you believe that our management team had the Technical Skills to fully understood the technical requirements of this process? Did they understand the business, industry, and enterprise in which we perform? Did they understand-to a degree at least-the specific technical competencies employed within their IT Department?. They didn't have to know how to do everything; but do you believe that they knew enough about how it should be done to distinguish productive from unproductive actions-and to plan and make decisions accordingly? Finally, do you believe that they understood our market position and our customer's acceptance of the product or service their team was producing and supporting, and the financial strength and success of the business built around it?

Now let's examine employee morale. Do you believe in the ability and Interpersonal Skills of our management team to work with and motivate US, garner our respect, influence our actions and productivity? Have they ever shown a capacity to deal with problems while enhancing morale? Have they been earnest, honest and shown good faith in contract negotiations? During the recent weather events, were employees - and more importantly, the customers - satisfied with Tempe's responsibility in communicating what was being done to address the stranding of thousands of pax and the re-routing of crews and A/C?

Do you believe that our management team possesses the Conceptual Skills needed plot our direction and/or change course if needed? In other words, is Full Service/Low Cost Carrier a viable stategy and/or concept? Do you trust their judgment in the ever-changing airline industry to understand fully how/when the market changes? Do you believe that they have a solid grasp of "the big picture?"

Finally, have they Managed Change with any ability at all? The merger brought about an enormous change for both of the merged airlines. In my opinion they have failed to grasp the enormity of the East's operation and they attempted to force-feed a regional mentality on the merged airline. Additionally, they were not candid with the West's work force on how this merger would affect them. And lastly, it seems to me that they have been playing catch-up ever since.

Well, that's all that I have to say. I do not believe in this management team and I think that we all (East & West) have a right to complain about it.

Now let's examine employee morale. Do you believe in the ability and Interpersonal Skills of our management team to work with and motivate US, garner our respect, influence our actions and productivity? Have they ever shown a capacity to deal with problems while enhancing morale? Have they been earnest, honest and shown good faith in contract negotiations? During the recent weather events, were employees - and more importantly, the customers - satisfied with Tempe's responsibility in communicating what was being done to address the stranding of thousands of pax and the re-routing of crews and A/C?

Oh! What about the hot dog and bratwurst parties? What fun we have. It gives us a chance to see our managers stick weiners between our buns. Hot dogs breed loyalty. :lol:

this latest management have made their money... its now a hobby. and make a name for yourself even though everyone knows it was at the expense of the worker... heck at this point Mr. Wolf who transformed this company into an actual world class airline with its international system and inflight domestic is looking better.. but of course he needed us to make him more money and feed his horse farm outside of arlington va. then we had dave siegel.. what a dope.. but a rich dope.. still remember his famous words.. Southwest is coming to PHL to kill us... what a dope but a rich dope. Mr Lakefield you came in and didnt have to but did.. hmm maybe there is hope in him.

As the east gleefully scuttles their last remaining lifeboat...

A fascinating view that you provide, and yet so slanted that only the faintest sliver of light shines through it.

Aside from the CIC issue, which I personally believe management is trying to weasel out of, your suggestion that Parker has tried in vain to appease employees in the East is absolutely wrong. He hasn't tried to appease anyone other than shareholders. Employees are fed pablum with the expectation that they will eat it and be happy with less. Too bad we're too smart for that. An oversight perhaps? Were we supposed to have a troglodyte mentality about the merger?

You assertion that the airline is suddenly going to be responsible for two BILLION dollars to pay back to employees is simply regurgitating DoUgIe's mantra of doom and gloom. The way I read it, the snapback starts from where employees are now and moves them back up to where they were. Any monies received after that happens is in the future, as the employees continue to work, not as some giant lump sum that is paid out immediately.

Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but this is not some sort of lottery payout. I saw the video of the CLT fleet meeting from April, and Parker seems insistent that we're suddenly going to spiral into some sort of abyss if a snapback occurs. That is simply bull, and he knows it. He also knows that his product stinks and if things continue to decline he won't be able to make payroll, along with several other items that are of major concern to any airline, such as leases and payments to vendors.

If he concentrated on improvements, and actually instituted sound judgement on operating an airline instead of just talking about it, he wouldn't have to worry about a snapback because the revenue would be streaming into the coffers, just like any good business should. Instead, he and his ship of fools are busy with non-issues such as pies, ties and DUI's.

So, Luvn...please don't buy the same stuff that DoUgIe is counting on you to believe, because honestly it's only propaganda to prop up his precarious position. Very few are buying his argument, and shareholders who are dumping stock now are probably more concerned about his inability to deliver on his promises than the possibility that the cost of doing business might rise if he honors his commitments.

A fascinating view that you provide, and yet so slanted that only the faintest sliver of light shines through it.

Aside from the CIC issue, which I personally believe management is trying to weasel out of, your suggestion that Parker has tried in vain to appease employees in the East is absolutely wrong. He hasn't tried to appease anyone other than shareholders. Employees are fed pablum with the expectation that they will eat it and be happy with less. Too bad we're too smart for that. An oversight perhaps? Were we supposed to have a troglodyte mentality about the merger?

You assertion that the airline is suddenly going to be responsible for two BILLION dollars to pay back to employees is simply regurgitating DoUgIe's mantra of doom and gloom. The way I read it, the snapback starts from where employees are now and moves them back up to where they were. Any monies received after that happens is in the future, as the employees continue to work, not as some giant lump sum that is paid out immediately.

Anyone can feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but this is not some sort of lottery payout. I saw the video of the CLT fleet meeting from April, and Parker seems insistent that we're suddenly going to spiral into some sort of abyss if a snapback occurs. That is simply bull, and he knows it. He also knows that his product stinks and if things continue to decline he won't be able to make payroll, along with several other items that are of major concern to any airline, such as leases and payments to vendors.

If he concentrated on improvements, and actually instituted sound judgement on operating an airline instead of just talking about it, he wouldn't have to worry about a snapback because the revenue would be streaming into the coffers, just like any good business should. Instead, he and his ship of fools are busy with non-issues such as pies, ties and DUI's.

So, Luvn...please don't buy the same stuff that DoUgIe is counting on you to believe, because honestly it's only propaganda to prop up his precarious position. Very few are buying his argument, and shareholders who are dumping stock now are probably more concerned about his inability to deliver on his promises than the possibility that the cost of doing business might rise if he honors his commitments.

pies ties and DUI s.. now that was funny.. FOUR DUI arrests.. wonder how many decisions this company has made under the influence. makes you wonder.

<SNIP> As the east gleefully scuttles their last remaining lifeboat, taking the livelihoods of thousands of hard working (look up the definition) AWA employees, they do so under the delusion that their idealized past will waiting for them at the end of their swath of destruction.
Something is being squandered here, alright.

Will Tempe ever realize the strength of the east knowledge base?

You get on this board and all you heard is BI&&& BI&&& from the east you people are never happy. Something good happens to the company and you BI&&& something positive you BI&&&. And it is the same people all the time if you hate this company so much then leave. If you are afraid of losing your flight Bens. then book early as a non employee it will most likely be cheaper than all the suffering you are goin through now. You complain about the most stupidest #### like trash bags a coat closets. Man you all need to get a grip the old Usaitways(USair)is never coming back welcome to the bottom where AWA been for years do your job get your check and forget about this place when you go home all of this BI&&Hing will only cause alot of stress. The West is not perfect but we know #### aint going to change(been there done that for years before you had to start to suffer the west have been doing for years)

Amen brother.

The joke out west is: An Eastie says "Don't you know how much we suffered? Hang around for 4 hours, and we will tell you...."

Its a non stop biatch fest from the east, and if a westie dares, just dares to complain about the east, the whine-a-thon begins again. East coast entitlement union culture, freaking broken record.

(my opinion, I don't really care how you think)

I don't do blind obedience and if that constitutes "East Coast Entitlement" I guess that's a cross I'll just have to bear.
Yep, Piney you're up there on that cross. How do you pound the last nail in by yourself? Do you have to hold the hammer in your teeth?

AWA claim to fame... bankrupt early 80 s. given a second life.. year 2000 nearly closed down by FAA due maintenance issues.. route structure downsized due to this. post 9/11 asks for ATSB funding othewise will shut down. makes national news.. losing unaccompanied minors off flights due computer system not knowing who is onboard.. merger time with US.. we do not take unaccompained minors on connecting flights.. we tend to lose them.. Alzheimers passenger walking outside of SFO airport family cannot find him.. he is on AWA.. why they lost him.. the computer cant tell anyone who is onboard.. merges with major airline.. 2005.. retains USAirways name.. BOD and stockholders know its a better brand name.. atleast better of two evils .. i guess. year 2007 company gets kick back from regional high school computer class who says SHARES is better because it will show you all the Southwest flights before US flights in availability and it will cost less.. no one will notice... oh yeah AWA .. a very large REGIONAL AIRLINE trying to make the big leagues... HEH wake up.. you dont just fly PHX-LAS anymore.. sorry about your senority.. deal with it.. your in he majors now..

My opinion being an "eastie" over west is....if something is unfair...they will biatch about it among themselves and do nothing about it. I will tell them go to the union and they'll say...for what? Nothing will get resolved if you don't take action and make the company hear you. If it's unfair over east we will band together, fight and let the company hear us....regardless of the outcome...we tried.
I have confidence that if I'm on the east flying I will not have a fellow employee write me up for anything. Nor will I be afraid to tell management exactly how I feel. And constant negativity???...try sitting in a van with west pilots who know your from the east! The west needs to listen to themselves first before they start pointing fingers....cause all I hear from them is constant biatching!!

Back