Who is Tired of the east constant negativity

Also, I'm curious to see if anyone can answer SKY HIGH's question.
5 Things Tempe Did Right!
1-Didn't Crash into MY house
2-DoUgIe Never Called Me up for a ride!
3-Didn't order the A380
4-Didn't install Pay-Sh!tters! (yet)
5-Didn't Merge with Delta!

1 - the decision to have the heritage liveries, though execution was sloppy.

2 - the decision to bring glassware back to the East, though execution has been totally lacking.

3 - the decision to use the "party cups" systemwide in coach.

Ok - I've run out of things.....

Jim

OK - I have a few things.... Just a few.

1.) Keep OCC/Move SOC to PIT

2.) Expand with new jets (A350/787/Emb 190's)

3.) Keep the US Airways Names (for marketing, a name known better in the world)

4.) Keep with (Plane - Hertiage icons)

5.) Planes with Sports Teams - Ex: PIT Stealers plane,

6.) Profit Checks - (I may wish I had more but its better than nothing.)

7.) Seniority Boarding... - I personally do not like it but I again would not have liked to bump someone who had worked 20 + of me off either.

8.) A new Branding (New colors) I make like all of them (AW colors/USAir Colors/US Airways Colors) but then again, its new "fresh Paint" and at least they are trying to "create a image" which we "LACK"

9.) New uniforms for Gate Agents/Flight Attendants/Pilots (Again, I may not like all the choices, but they are a good start)

10.) The ability to jumpseat on (east aircraft - vise versa)

11.) hum....No red and profits? (now wheres my bonus-and pay raise) LOL

OK... Again, I am not a kool-aid drinker but Sometimes we need more POZ messages than ones that go in the dumps...

OK SkyHigh.... I met your requirements - Now Whats my prize? LOL

Your post is simply an attempt to get some East Coast flame brewing. Well, here comes some kerosene.

First of all, that anyone can think the HP product (skimpy leg room, tiny F cabin, chintzy BOB food, trip over a dollar to find a nickel, trailer trash mentality) is better than East's used to be is a total crock. Legacy US was not perfect, and in the last few years, it also suffered product-wise. Years of poor management and isolationism brought it practically to the brink. Most employees have taken it on the chin...either furloughed, given huge pay cuts, out-and-out let go (junior management) or some combination of all three.

If that doesn't earn someone the right to b1tch, then what does?

East employees have been taking the shaft for longer than HP was even in business. Call me in 20 more years after former HP employees have gotten stiffed -- without any KY -- and are suddenly finding themselves selling touristy crap and stuffed rattlesnakes from a teepee on the side of the interstate somewhere between Phoenix and Flagstaff. Call me after years of watching senior mgmt make butt-loads of money (what did DP make --- $5.4M or something like that? How many jillions did those crooks Wolf and Gangwal make off with? Bastards) while the rest of us take double-digit pay cuts.

Am I bitter? Hell yes. Do I love my job? Hell yes times 10. Do I want to leave? Hell no. I'll put up with the crapola because I love what I do and (most days) go to work with a smile on my face so I can take care of the Customer (note I didn't say "passenger"). Try that, Cactus Flowers, after you've endured decades of involuntary and demoralizing management impositions while watching them laugh all the way to the bank (or in DP's case, a jail cell).

Talk to you in 20 more years when you've caught up in seniority and -- more importantly -- EXPERIENCE. I wish there was an emoticon that had a middle finger extended, 'cause I'd insert it where it needed to be (pun intended).

The West is not perfect but we know #### aint going to change(been there done that for years before you had to start to suffer the west have been doing for years)

Hey if your own wont call you on this one,I will.I know for a fact you do not speak for the majority there.And if your happy in your little sand box more power too you.
The rest of your co-workers are not.The want what they deserve.And also how the he11 does your discontentment got anything to do with any east person.
Ive pi&&ed in oceans moving around for this company and put up with to much for years to listen to you wine about standing up for yourself,and thats what your not liking is,a start.

This frigin country was started by discontented people,remember. :up: :up: :up:

Here's a thought. Imagine the venom that would have been on this board if it had been around during the AL/PI/PS merger days. Whoo hoo !!!

speaking of profit sharing checks.. that CHECK we got was OUR money in the first place.. the money the EAST gave up to keep a good airline with great workers with a company that had be named best airline for overall value in year 2000. a inflight magazine.. formerly ATTACHE which won awards for its reading content. a generous frequent flyer program .. awards for its ENVOY transatlantic business class.. all this was made possible by the employees who under alot of pressure from management came in and did their job and it still continues today. that profit sharing check and many more should come to compensate the employees who gave so much to keep a proud airline (with a combinations of others) flying.. oh by the way i forgot we also ranked number 1 in ontime one year above ALL the rest and that from an airline that operates and is centered in the most congested/atc prone areas in the country.. im a 32 year customer service agent and proud to say i work for USAirways.. Tempe knew that keeping that name was a much better idea than keeping the other.. hmm i feel better already. no negativity coming from this agent

I'm a Westie and I b*tch worse than anyone out east. Hate and bitterness towards Doug, Al Hemenway, Scott Kirby, Jerry Glass et al is eating me like a cancer. Once I drank the Kool-Aid but now that colorful drink has a bitter taste of cyanide. I thought Doug would do everyone right but he has gone to the Dark Side. Darth Parker. The morale at this place is about the worst I have seen it.

As the east gleefully scuttles their last remaining lifeboat, taking the livelihoods of thousands of hard working (look up the definition) AWA employees, they do so under the delusion that their idealized past will waiting for them at the end of their swath of destruction. Parkers letter concerning the change in control hints at his misgivings in adopting such a negative group, and his regret at putting so much effort into giving them the benefit of the doubt. From paint colors to flight numbers to boarding priority, Parker caved into every eastie tantrum in a vain attempt to turn around the negativity. It is bittersweet that the end is being all but cast for US at the hand of those for whom so much was done in the name of sparing them the loss of their jobs. Now when the 2 billion is spent and the lights are turned out, the easties can slap themselves on the back and congratulate themselves for having finally won one.

For the first time, I understand and agree that the Delta employees had it right.

You get on this board and all you heard is BI&&& BI&&& from the east you people are never happy. Something good happens to the company and you BI&&& something positive you BI&&&. And it is the same people all the time if you hate this company so much then leave. If you are afraid of losing your flight Bens. then book early as a non employee it will most likely be cheaper than all the suffering you are goin through now. You complain about the most stupidest #### like trash bags a coat closets. Man you all need to get a grip the old Usaitways(USair)is never coming back welcome to the bottom where AWA been for years do your job get your check and forget about this place when you go home all of this BI&&Hing will only cause alot of stress. The West is not perfect but we know #### aint going to change(been there done that for years before you had to start to suffer the west have been doing for years)
We USAir employees did not sign onto this gig for the flight benefits, that is where you are wrong. We signed on many decades ago for a career. Great pay, great bennies, great pension. That is where we are different. Seems from all I have seen that HP employees signed on for the flight benefits.

I can think of one....

Increasing the stock price within 10 months of emergence from BK whereby allowing top execs to cash in their unrestrictive stock toptions and become INSTANT MILLIONAIRES!

I can think of another...

Promoting senior execs and directors whereby increasing their salary compensation by 35%!
========================================================

OH MISS?

Point of order-make that MANAGING DIRECTORS. We now have enough of them to populate a fair sized main line jet.

The Directors would probably fill more than one.

all the airlines have problems.. some have a better way of keeping it to themselves. this company will survive. the past 5 years have proven that. and if the reply was to SON.. im not your son.. ive been with this company for over 30 years and yes it can be stressful with negative attitudes but myself and thousands of other co workers come in and do the best we can.. if we make it great if not our legacy will be that the employees were the best and did their best

Back