TWU/IAM Association Poll

Are you for or against the proposed TWU/IAM Association?

• Total voters
WeAAsles said:
At AA our DB was frozen. The IAM members have the IAMNPF. I very much doubt that the IAM would want to agree to exchange that plan for their members?

Of course the IAM wouldn't the IAM wants to impose their unlivable joke of a "pension" on AA TWU members like yourself.  AA would save money going into IAMNPF versus the 401k contributions they already make.

If the IAMNPF is so great, why don't Roach, Buffy and Sito live off it?  Why do they enjoy a more generous union pension (in addition to retirement plans offered by TWA/AA and General Electric)? Why can't the District Lodge officials live off IAMNPF?  Guess they think they are better than the membership and couldn't live off those plans but they expect everyone else to scrape by.

Josh

737823 said:

Of course the IAM wouldn't the IAM wants to impose their unlivable joke of a "pension" on AA TWU members like yourself.  AA would save money going into IAMNPF versus the 401k contributions they already make.

If the IAMNPF is so great, why don't Roach, Buffy and Sito live off it?  Why do they enjoy a more generous union pension (in addition to retirement plans offered by TWA/AA and General Electric)? Why can't the District Lodge officials live off IAMNPF?  Guess they think they are better than the membership and couldn't live off those plans but they expect everyone else to scrape by.

Josh

What are the contributions into the IAMNP per Member?

WeAAsles said:
I'd like to smell anything by the NMB at this point?

http://www.nmb.gov/services/representation/determinations/fy15cite/
The NMB, at this point, is a joke.
Look this isn't rocket science folks. There's 2 players here.
Give us a ballot with :
TWU
IAM
BS ASSOCIATION
and a write in line with the stipulation that any other union has 30 days to file if they think they have the juice.

Top vote getter above 50% of voters wins, or top two vote getters run off and let's move on.

WeAAsles said:
To start I hope that both sides have pulled a copy of each others respective CBA and highlighted the differences between the two? Green highlight the areas where the other side has better and stronger language and red highlight the areas that are weaker. Items that may cause concern to both and would want to be kept can be circled and "discussions" had. 

There are also other items in Industry CBA's that should be considered and maybe introduced to the negotiators to be proposed to the company for consideration that are good.

If the Association is validated and passed I hope that at least the individuals who think they might be a part of negotiations once that announcement is made by the TWU, have done that homework?  
You would think this would have or is happening, but it is not.  This was my point.  These two unions (TWU and IAM) should have been discussing these issues from the announcement of the association.  This is NOT happening.  I totally agree with you that these unions should have been getting together and pulling all positives from both contracts to get them into one, but they are NOT.  The TWU and the IAM has NEVER done that homework, but I still assure you that the company has.  Shame on the TWU and IAM for failing their memberships.  You guys will see the results once the nego's start and finish if this BS association is allowed to move on, period, mark my words.  But you guys just can't seem to get rid of these industrial unions, so you all will get what you deserve...

CMH_GSE said:
The NMB, at this point, is a joke.
Look this isn't rocket science folks. There's 2 players here.
Give us a ballot with :
TWU
IAM
BS ASSOCIATION
and a write in line with the stipulation that any other union has 30 days to file if they think they have the juice.

Top vote getter above 50% of voters wins, or top two vote getters run off and let's move on.

Sorry meant to quote. But was trying to say that was the best statement ever. Plan and simple. Where are our rights. Sorry, i know we don't have any

WeAAsles said:
To start I hope that both sides have pulled a copy of each others respective CBA and highlighted the differences between the two? Green highlight the areas where the other side has better and stronger language and red highlight the areas that are weaker. Items that may cause concern to both and would want to be kept can be circled and "discussions" had. 

There are also other items in Industry CBA's that should be considered and maybe introduced to the negotiators to be proposed to the company for consideration that are good.

If the Association is validated and passed I hope that at least the individuals who think they might be a part of negotiations once that announcement is made by the TWU, have done that homework?  

Are you kidding? They don't even want to talk to each other. Suddenly people who aren't even announced to be on the negotiating committee are supposed to prepare on their own. It makes little to no difference what the TWU or the IAM does on their own. They need to be in the same room and going over their language.

Contract language is vague and left to interpretation and meanings of intent. If you just read the language you may not know what the interpretation of that language is to the opposite union, the airline and if there has been any arbitration that declared or formed an interpretation of certain language.

For instance, anyone that reads the OT language in the TWU CBA's won't get a true point of view of the actual application of OT within a real world scenario. That's because we have agree to OT guidelines that aren't specifically spelled out in the CBA. Those issues cannot be properly addressed until all the parties are in a room and having discussion to properly understand each side.

Whatever rhetoric you're been told of preparations are just empty words that have no substance in the real world. It is meant to fill time while they try to figure out a way to turn this whole thing into something they prefer rather than moving forward with the cards that have been dealt.

NYer said:
Whatever rhetoric you're been told of preparations are just empty words that have no substance in the real world. It is meant to fill time while they try to figure out a way to turn this whole thing into something they prefer rather than moving forward with the cards that have been dealt.

I haven't been told of any preparations of any kind on our side of the fence unfortunately? Perhaps you should consider going to your next local Union meeting and DEMAND answers as to why we are not hearing any information on what preparations are being done if there are any?

An in your face confrontation from someone such as yourself may be quite effective if you give it a shot?

WeAAsles said:
I haven't been told of any preparations of any kind on our side of the fence unfortunately? Perhaps you should consider going to your next local Union meeting and DEMAND answers as to why we are not hearing any information on what preparations are being done if there are any?

An in your face confrontation from someone such as yourself may be quite effective if you give it a shot?

We need to "demand" answers? Is that where we have fallen to? Maybe things are worse than they seem. =/

NYer said:

We need to "demand" answers? Is that where we have fallen to? Maybe things are worse than they seem. =/
That's a cop out from what I suggested you do and you know it.

Oh don't worry guys.  I am sure the TWU and IAM have their own ideas of what will happen, without any input from the membership what-so-ever.  They have it all planned out.  If you guys think they are bickering and in fighting now just wait and see what happens if they are successful with getting the association in, it will be a bloody mess...

Back