TWU/IAM Association Poll

Are you for or against the proposed TWU/IAM Association?

• Total voters
737823 said:
Tim why did the TWU agree to the association? I know Trumka pushed it but you all should be TWU members and the IAM should have stepped aside like they did with TWA.

Josh

I dunno but maybe it was Little's last shot against those who he might have known would coup against him. Certainly the current INTL leadership is against the Association in its current form. Maybe the two unions can come to a truce to have the TWU represent MX or ramp, and the IAM take the other, if the Association doesn't pan out.

Tim Nelson said:

Maybe the two unions can come to a truce to have the TWU represent MX or ramp, and the IAM take the other, if the Association doesn't pan out.

If they had come to that understanding at the start we wouldn't be sitting here getting "Mushroomed".

Their desire to maintain their respective fiefdoms is their number one priority,not any improvements in the pay,benefits or working conditions of their respective membership bases.

The TWU walked away from America West (after IAM reps beat them up at the PHL Airport Marriott) so maybe eventually the IAM will also walk away?

The TWU leadership were fools for agreeing to this in the first place, if they hadn't agreeed to it the IAM would already be long gone.

Josh

JFK Fleet Service said:
If they had come to that understanding at the start we wouldn't be sitting here getting "Mushroomed".

Their desire to maintain their respective fiefdoms is their number one priority,not any improvements in the pay,benefits or working conditions of their respective membership bases.

Trading one group for another would leave some at the IAM with the inability to participate in the multi-employer medical and pension. That's not such an easy thing to give up and replace. That, more than anything else, is what causes difficulty in just meshing the two groups, in my opinion.

NYer said:

The difficulty the NMB is having will only be magnified for the actual Members once JCBA negotiations begin. This is a complicated process and we should be working through all the issues we will face and have to make decisions on while working towards a JCBA.
To start I hope that both sides have pulled a copy of each others respective CBA and highlighted the differences between the two? Green highlight the areas where the other side has better and stronger language and red highlight the areas that are weaker. Items that may cause concern to both and would want to be kept can be circled and "discussions" had. 

There are also other items in Industry CBA's that should be considered and maybe introduced to the negotiators to be proposed to the company for consideration that are good.

If the Association is validated and passed I hope that at least the individuals who think they might be a part of negotiations once that announcement is made by the TWU, have done that homework?  

700UW said:
From the non-union and non-airline "passenger" who won't admit your true agenda and true occupation.
And a paid IAM organizer (summer 2013) who left USAIR in 2005 does?

NEVER worked for AA

NEVER been a TWU member

Not an AMT or fleet service clerk.

Josh

NYer said:
Trading one group for another would leave some at the IAM with the inability to participate in the multi-employer medical and pension. That's not such an easy thing to give up and replace. That, more than anything else, is what causes difficulty in just meshing the two groups, in my opinion.
Why not be done with the idea of a DB all together, and instead, collectively push for increased 401k employer contributions/matching?

Kev3188 said:
Why not be done with the idea of a DB all together, and instead, collectively push for increased 401k employer contributions/matching?
At AA our DB was frozen. The IAM members have the IAMNPF. I very much doubt that the IAM would want to agree to exchange that plan for their members?

Back