TWU/IAM Association Poll

Are you for or against the proposed TWU/IAM Association?

• Total voters
NYer said:

See. The fact that you interpreted the word "position" to mean a job as opposed to the meaning within the context of the post, which is your "position" in the arguments, tells us a great deal of the mindset you're in while making these posts.

The response to that word comes from one mindset....a political one.
Your going to have some egg on your face then when the time comes. There are other people you need to focus on. I'm not the guy. Don't think you should have too much difficulty in the current climate?

It's a cool notion though but not so sure I'd be cut out for it or if it's where my interests would be.

NYer said:

Who the hell am I? --That's true.

Thanks for the credit I guess but I don't decide any moves. Just waiting on that NMB decision and hopefully some more news to go on for what's going to happen next? --You'll get more news at the end of the month or first week in February. What was your last time frame? You said, they would have all this worked out by the middle of November. Tick-tock...tick-tock.

I know the Presidents council meeting. Hope you're wrong and we hear something before then but you're probably correct.

And I said "probably"

I thought they would. What can I tell you? Oops.

swamt said:
No prob. And I respect how you feel about your representation.  However, for the mechanics at AA is has been a dismal representation to say the least.  Don't get me wrong, but, I honestly hope you guys get a chance to vote on this alliance.  If alliance passes, then the majority wanted it, if not, then I smell a run-off...
Wait a minute here.

I thought you said the NMB will have nothing to do with the Alliance and the vote?

Your source in the NMB said they dont handle it, yet you are on here every week stating its another week that the NMB hasnt made a decision.

So are you going to admit you were wrong and I was right and you need to apologize for calling me a liar.

700UW said:
Wait a minute here.

I thought you said the NMB will have nothing to do with the Alliance and the vote?

Your source in the NMB said they dont handle it, yet you are on here every week stating its another week that the NMB hasnt made a decision.

So are you going to admit you were wrong and I was right and you need to apologize for calling me a liar.
I would admit if the NMB does in fact handle it.  But if they do then there will more options available than what took you 2-3 weeks to admit finally to the board, which is a "write-in" or "speak-in" option.  700 where have you been, I have been saying for a long-long time that IF the NMB runs this election there will be more options on the ballot.  IF the association runs it (like you want and were promoting) then there very well could only be those 2 choices that you were claiming in the very beginning which was association or no union.  And BTW, when I called the NMB myself, 2 different times they told me they would have nothing to do with this alliance or association vote.  Just for grins I will call one more time this week to see what they say now.  And yes 700, I will admit I was wrong if the NMB conducts this election, however, I was going by what the NMB told me personally, you on the other hand was going by what your buddy of 20 years told you and the IAM.  I never trust any union 100% on just what they say, I will look into it, do my own homework, and get the truth of everything.  Dealing with the lying and crooked teamsters for years has made me double check my union, no matter what union it is, to this day I verify everything I am told, I don't just take it as I am told...

Are they not handling it?

The Association has filed SCS, now havent they?

And the NMB has already stated to others they will handle this and others have posted that, did you forget?

And if the NMB wasnt handling it, they would have rejected the SCS application, yet they have asked the Association for more information.

WeAAsels I believe you and I think NYer have stated that you guys will hear something by, one said mid Jan a while back, and now we are hearing late Jan to early Feb.  Who has givin you guys this time period?  Does the union know more than they are putting out?  How could anyone know the NMB will be done Jan or Feb?  Hope the AMFA guys have been keeping up with the cards.  Hopefully the NMB will call for a 30 day period to collect cards.  Hopefully AMFA will get ON the ballot.  If not, then  run the AMFA "write-in" campaign.  As long as the NMB runs the election, this would be the last chance for AMFA or the last chance to rid yourselves of the TWU.  This Wed will mark 23 weeks...

The IAM, the TWU and the Association are in contact with the NMB.

Looks like AMFA at the New AA is dead.

WeAAsles said:
I know the Presidents council meeting. Hope you're wrong and we hear something before then but you're probably correct.

And I said "probably"

I thought they would. What can I tell you? Oops.

You come on these pages throwing all kinds of scenarios and the best you can do is..."oops"?

"probably," huh. Way to take a stand.

That fence is higher than I thought.

swamt said:
WeAAsels I believe you and I think NYer have stated that you guys will hear something by, one said mid Jan a while back, and now we are hearing late Jan to early Feb.  Who has givin you guys this time period?  Does the union know more than they are putting out?  How could anyone know the NMB will be done Jan or Feb?  Hope the AMFA guys have been keeping up with the cards.  Hopefully the NMB will call for a 30 day period to collect cards.  Hopefully AMFA will get ON the ballot.  If not, then  run the AMFA "write-in" campaign.  As long as the NMB runs the election, this would be the last chance for AMFA or the last chance to rid yourselves of the TWU.  This Wed will mark 23 weeks...

The news is from the TWU, not the NMB..

NYer said:
You come on these pages throwing all kinds of scenarios and the best you can do is..."oops"?

That fence is higher than I thought.
Call me Switzerland bro. I'll leave fighting the Nazis up to you.

700UW said:

It's never really been a credible option, they've been talking about since 1961.

700UW said:

hence the continuation of further screwing of mechanics by the TWU.

WeAAsles said:
Call me Switzerland bro. I'll leave fighting the Nazis up to you.

Oh. It's not a fence, it's actually mountains that you straddle.

Usually when you're neutral you refrain from making an opinion on side or the other. You, on the other hand, agree with both sides and sometimes within the same post. That's is not neutral, that's pandering.

neutral: not helping or supporting either side in a conflict, disagreement, etc.; impartial

WeAAsles said:
Your going to have some egg on your face then when the time comes. There are other people you need to focus on. I'm not the guy. Don't think you should have too much difficulty in the current climate?

It's a cool notion though but not so sure I'd be cut out for it or if it's where my interests would be.

Having egg on my face is good. It means I picked a side, I made a choice, a decision, took a stand.

That's better than straddling.

MetalMover said:
hence the continuation of further screwing of mechanics by the TWU.
Stockholm Syndrome?

And you and your fellow mechanics let what happened to you happen, you only have yourself, AA and the laws to blame.

You all whine and cry on the boards, but yet you vote in concessions and voted in on giving up work over the past what 50 years?

If you cant make a change happen in over 50 years, then you have no one to blame except yourselves.

But its easier to blame everyone else, isnt it?

Its AA, its TWU, its IBT, its NMB, etc.......

Back