TWU/IAM Association Poll

Are you for or against the proposed TWU/IAM Association?

• Total voters
WeAAsles said:
Well at one point it was on here as a thread starter. You can put it in as a search if you want. If you click on the link it's now dead but I did read and remember it before then.

Was the TWU going to be sold to the CWA? If so was the thought at the time that we were beyond repair?

And BTW I like the CWA. Strong Union who's been minting money.

For someone that wants to portray he has a lot of information it seems there are many holes that you need to be filled.

The CWA was not going to buy the TWU, but again, it is crystal clear that you are sharing information which has been told to you rather than doing your own investigation. I guess we end up back to the naivete.

Once you realize how the "information" being shared with you is erroneous, you will have a hard time regaining your credibility. I'd suggest you research the point being told to you because I am quite sure there is no documentation that goes along your allegations, just rumor and rhetoric.

swamt said:
How many more times will you allow the TWU to force crap on its members?  Take the blinders off.  When it happens I do not want to hear you whining on here about it...
Sorry dude but from where I sit my Union has done alright by me. I'm making double what the non union average person who does my job in pay and benefits makes and that's even after basically two Bankruptcies so I'm not going to be filing a complaint with the chick at the front desk anytime soon.

NYer said:

For someone that wants to portray he has a lot of information it seems there are many holes that you need to be filled.

So fill in the blanks then? You are the authority it seems on this forum for the guy who has all the answers. Hell you're even boxing around the one and only guru of gab Bob Owens and making him look like a piker. Forget me, fill in the blanks for the readers?

The CWA was not going to buy the TWU, but again, it is crystal clear that you are sharing information which has been told to you rather than doing your own investigation. I guess we end up back to the naivete.

I said that I read the E-Mail that was posted and that was the impression that I came away with. Maybe it was the former President of the International who had it all wrong then? Maybe he was the one who was naive?

Once you realize how the "information" being shared with you is erroneous, you will have a hard time regaining your credibility. I'd suggest you research the point being told to you because I am quite sure there is no documentation that goes along your allegations, just rumor and rhetoric.

Except for what I read in that E-Mail that came out by whoever for whatever reason, no. Seen no documentation that ever said besides that we were to be sold to the CWA. If you noticed that is why I stated my query to you as just that. A question. Does asking you questions in a public forum that you have so much participation on disturb you?

NYer said:

Modifying it just a little let me get your take on the TWU and these guys? Taking out how you feel about what's going on with the Association and all that, how do you think they're doing in the area of Organizing, Politics, and trying to shore up the TWU finances after such an incredibly long decline? --What is an incredibly long decline? Anyway, I'll let you know when the decline stops,so give that some time. Haven't seen much in the politics department. They seem to be doing well in organizing in the Transit Division, the Airline Division looks like par for the course...they won some and lost some. 

I know someone was putting out a ton of stuff on these guys and how horrible they were as human beings. Harry being a drunk. Alex an adulterer and John Samuelsen, my GOD I'm shocked beyond belief after all that was put out about him that he's not in the electric chair. How the hell did these horrible horrible human beings win an election? --You're pretty naive on these things aren't you.

BTW I liked your first answer. It seems like they are doing pretty well in the organizing department. I like the bike share sign ups and I hear they have gotten a little more in Vegas there? I hope our guys do extremely well with Frontier Airlines and hope they can shore up some more groups in the Airlines without stepping on other organizations toes?

As far as the Politics, oh yea. Absolutely and admittedly naive. Can't stand it and suck at it personally. You have to be mean and cutthroat in that game. Destroy the opponent. attack his credibility, his family, his livelihood if necessary to achieve the end result of your goals. Morally sickening and repugnant if you ask me. So no it's not my cup of tea actually. I'll leave that to those who have no compass.   

WeAAsles said:
Sorry dude but from where I sit my Union has done alright by me. I'm making double what the non union average person who does my job in pay and benefits makes and that's even after basically two Bankruptcies so I'm not going to be filing a complaint with the chick at the front desk anytime soon.
So basically.." I GOT MINE" is your position? That's ok, greed is acceptable to many..
What else are you willing to give up to remain at the top, pay wise?

MetalMover said:
So basically.." I GOT MINE" is your position? That's ok, greed is acceptable to many..
What else are you willing to give up to remain at the top, pay wise?
No. I'm saying that ALL things considered I think the TWU has done good by me. And in regards to going through a Bankruptcy process that's written as a means to take things by force from us, they did the best they could.

You feel the opposite. Your prerogative.

WeAAsles said:
No. I'm saying that ALL things considered I think the TWU has done good by me. And in regards to going through a Bankruptcy process that's written as a means to take things by force from us, they did the best they could.

You feel the opposite. Your prerogative.

For you!  We understand.

You're what is known as a chit stirrer!

This is kinda like a hobby for you, isn't it?

Rogallo said:
For you!  We understand.

According to Bob WeAA is pushing the alliance hoping to get an appointed position:

Bob Owens said:
Unfortunately for you there are a lot more suck asses than spots, just ask Todd or Sydney. Keep on plugging away for this BS Alliance and against Union democracy but I wouldn't bank on the spot if I were you, perhaps that's why you play it safe and do it all from behind an alias. So none of your peers know what you are.
Josh

Rogallo said:
For you!  We understand.

I'm sorry is this now once again a thread dedicated to only mechanics or those who want to rid themselves of the TWU? The header of this thread wasn't specific?

737823 said:
According to Bob WeAA is pushing the alliance hoping to get an appointed position:

Josh
That's too funny. I've given out on this Forums my name, age, station, gate, and hours so far. Even introduced myself to one of the AMFA guys on here personally. Do I need to give out my measurements and shoe size next? B)

And some are saying I'm for the Alliance and some say I sound like I'm against it? I wish people would make up their minds?

So I think since most of us are ignoring WT, we should start doing the same with josh aka 737823.

He constantly lies, posts misinformation, cant admit when he is called out on that behavior.

He obviously not a passenger nor works in the financial industry.

He is way too wrapped up in his hatred for the IAM, US and the PMUS employees.

He is way too wrapped up in the IAM Grassroots efforts at DL for the FAs and ACS.

He has been asked over and over to come clean and  yet still doesnt, so he is a fraud and has a hidden agenda.

700UW said:

He has been asked over and over to come clean and  yet still doesnt, so he is a fraud and has a hidden agenda.

lol

700UW said:
So I think since most of us are ignoring WT, we should start doing the same with josh aka 737823.

He constantly lies, posts misinformation, cant admit when he is called out on that behavior.

He obviously not a passenger nor works in the financial industry.

He is way too wrapped up in his hatred for the IAM, US and the PMUS employees.

He is way too wrapped up in the IAM Grassroots efforts at DL for the FAs and ACS.

Hidden agenda? Please share it with me.

Josh

WeAAsles said:
BTW I liked your first answer. It seems like they are doing pretty well in the organizing department. I like the bike share sign ups and I hear they have gotten a little more in Vegas there? I hope our guys do extremely well with Frontier Airlines and hope they can shore up some more groups in the Airlines without stepping on other organizations toes? --Bike Share was a Local 100 organizing campaign.

As far as the Politics, oh yea. Absolutely and admittedly naive. Can't stand it and suck at it personally. You have to be mean and cutthroat in that game. Destroy the opponent. attack his credibility, his family, his livelihood if necessary to achieve the end result of your goals. Morally sickening and repugnant if you ask me. So no it's not my cup of tea actually. I'll leave that to those who have no compass.  --not your cup of tea, but they're using you to spread their point of view so like it or not...you're practicing politics right now.

Back