TWU/IAM Association Poll

Are you for or against the proposed TWU/IAM Association?

• Total voters
737823 said:
Hidden agenda? Please share it with me.

Josh
You claim you are a passenger who works in the financial sector.

One you are too involved in the DL Grassroots Thread with name dropping and posting misinformation and lies, in regards to the IAM, US and its workers and the same for AA. 

You start threads that are pure flamebait, just like many of your posts are flamebait, look at how many threads you started that the Mods locked because of it being flamebait.

You name drop and bring up former and current officers of the IAM, the TWU and CWA.

You lie constantly, and insult and attack the IAM, its members and US and its workers.

You are in way too deep, know too many things, to be just a passenger, so you are not what you claim, you are being fed information which most of it is incorrect.

You run with misinformation and certain posters posts that you dont even verify and you accept what someone like Bob Owens posts is gospel and he wasnt even at US nor in the IAM.

You have been asked numerous times by myself and other posters to come clean, you wont, so we know you arent what you claim and I am waiting like Paul Harvey for the rest of the story.

WeAAsles said:

For someone that wants to portray he has a lot of information it seems there are many holes that you need to be filled.

So fill in the blanks then? You are the authority it seems on this forum for the guy who has all the answers. Hell you're even boxing around the one and only guru of gab Bob Owens and making him look like a piker. Forget me, fill in the blanks for the readers? --You come on these pages sharing your point of view and I have to fill in the blanks. That something you need to do before you form an opinion on something or more to the point, when you come on here and just repeat what others have told you. Things that are apparent you believe without looking into them on your own.

The CWA was not going to buy the TWU, but again, it is crystal clear that you are sharing information which has been told to you rather than doing your own investigation. I guess we end up back to the naivete.

I said that I read the E-Mail that was posted and that was the impression that I came away with. Maybe it was the former President of the International who had it all wrong then? Maybe he was the one who was naive? --Yeah. It MUST be true if it was in an email. Roger that. That person wasn't naive, he knew exactly what he was doing, whoever reads the email and has their opinion formed by that, well there is the naive person. I guess that communication worked exactly as it was supposed to.

Here, maybe this has nothing to do with that letter, right?  "Lombardo served as Local President until 1996 when he has named to the International staff by then International President Sonny Hall." --TWU.org

Once you realize how the "information" being shared with you is erroneous, you will have a hard time regaining your credibility. I'd suggest you research the point being told to you because I am quite sure there is no documentation that goes along your allegations, just rumor and rhetoric.

Except for what I read in that E-Mail that came out by whoever for whatever reason, no. Seen no documentation that ever said besides that we were to be sold to the CWA. If you noticed that is why I stated my query to you as just that. A question. Does asking you questions in a public forum that you have so much participation on disturb you? --If you are convinced on a subject matter it means you should know that subject matter. If you don't fully know that subject matter and you get your position simply because someone else said it was so, then you can't be trusted in your pursuit of more information. It's that simple.

WeAAsles said:
That's too funny. I've given out on this Forums my name, age, station, gate, and hours so far. Even introduced myself to one of the AMFA guys on here personally. Do I need to give out my measurements and shoe size next? B)

And some are saying I'm for the Alliance and some say I sound like I'm against it? I wish people would make up their minds?

That's what happens when you straddle that fence.

NYer said:

BTW I liked your first answer. It seems like they are doing pretty well in the organizing department. I like the bike share sign ups and I hear they have gotten a little more in Vegas there? I hope our guys do extremely well with Frontier Airlines and hope they can shore up some more groups in the Airlines without stepping on other organizations toes? --Bike Share was a Local 100 organizing campaign.

As far as the Politics, oh yea. Absolutely and admittedly naive. Can't stand it and suck at it personally. You have to be mean and cutthroat in that game. Destroy the opponent. attack his credibility, his family, his livelihood if necessary to achieve the end result of your goals. Morally sickening and repugnant if you ask me. So no it's not my cup of tea actually. I'll leave that to those who have no compass.  --not your cup of tea, but they're using you to spread their point of view so like it or not...you're practicing politics right now.

Nyer no one is using me as a conduit to push any agendas. What I have been doing is hearing them out which I don't think I was doing in the past. I'm listening to the other viewpoints and am making my own judgements. Unless I see things directly in writing I have to rely on what I think sounds more credible. I'm the one who has been asking them questions, not vice versa. I'm not going to categorize anyone as being a part of any posse cause I think that's too simple.

BTW there are no sides even though you seem to think there are. People messed up in the last administration and they'll mess up in this one as well. No one is perfect.

WeAAsles said:
I SUPPORT the Association. Just wish there could be some tweaking to it is all.
WeAA why not just have the IAM step aside like they did after TWA and like USAPA and AFA have done? TWU should have never agreed to this nonsense, the IAM would be decertified and the USAIR workers would become dues paying TWU members. The TWU walked away at America West and that was a gain of several thousand dues payers for the IAM.

Josh

737823 said:
WeAA why not just have the IAM step aside like they did after TWA and like USAPA and AFA have done? TWU should have never agreed to this nonsense, the IAM would be decertified and the USAIR workers would become dues paying TWU members. The TWU walked away at America West and that was a gain of several thousand dues payers for the IAM.

Josh

USAPA nor did the AFA step aside, they all worked together to secure a new CBA and the former AFA and USAPA also are/were involved in seniority agreement.

No one has stepped aside, the APA and APFA worked with USAPA and AFA in order to secure a JCBA and Seniority Integration

And once again you are posting misinformation.

Answer what what is your real agenda, why is a passenger so involved in union matters?

No one know who would win an election if there was one, now do they?

The TWU didnt walk away from HP/US, they didnt get enough cards to force a vote and the TWU was compensated for the loss of members from the HP ramp.

Several thousand?

HP didnt have several thousand fleet service employees.

According to US/HP 2005 10K HP had 1,800 TWU members in the fleet service classification.

Page Nine of the 10K.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCAQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fphx.corporate-ir.net%2FExternal.File%3Fitem%3DUGFyZW50SUQ9NTI2MzQzfENoaWxkSUQ9MjEyODE0fFR5cGU9MQ%3D%3D%26t%3D1&ei=WK-yVMLKNsabgwTmq4SYCg&usg=AFQjCNGo0zrH3rCSvCnJPtIFRPOE1zFHDQ&sig2=qOSA5v7r9TfCn4f0Elq7ow&bvm=bv.83339334,d.eXY&cad=rja

Once again your posting lies and misinformation.

737823 said:

Josh
I'll give the IAM a call and tell them they should do that just for you. Then I'll call Richard Trumka and tell him that the idea that Unions should work together was all wrong and we should hammer it out till the last man is standing.

Hope they don't laugh too loud?

WeAAsles said:
Nyer no one is using me as a conduit to push any agendas. What I have been doing is hearing them out which I don't think I was doing in the past. I'm listening to the other viewpoints and am making my own judgements. Unless I see things directly in writing I have to rely on what I think sounds more credible. I'm the one who has been asking them questions, not vice versa. I'm not going to categorize anyone as being a part of any posse cause I think that's too simple.

BTW there are no sides even though you seem to think there are. People messed up in the last administration and they'll mess up in this one as well. No one is perfect.

In time, you'll realize it. Even in your own post, you acknowledge that you "hear" them out. You "listen" to their viewpoints and them make your own judgments. If it sounds good, then I guess you go for it.

Unless you see something in writing you have to "rely" on what you "think" is credible.

That's the very definition of being used to propagate someone's agenda.

You poor naive soul.

WeAAsles said:
I SUPPORT the Association. Just wish there could be some tweaking to it is all.

It's a done deal. Move on.

There is no justification to hold other things up because you want to force this issue. I suppose if later in the relationship with the IAM, if they want to change something after it was agreed too, it isn't too much a problem. Maybe the airline agrees to a JCBA and decides in the middle of it that they want a change and if we don't agree then they will just not resolve any grievances....That would be OK too, right.

At some point, you have to get off that fence.

NYer said:

For someone that wants to portray he has a lot of information it seems there are many holes that you need to be filled.

So fill in the blanks then? You are the authority it seems on this forum for the guy who has all the answers. Hell you're even boxing around the one and only guru of gab Bob Owens and making him look like a piker. Forget me, fill in the blanks for the readers? --You come on these pages sharing your point of view and I have to fill in the blanks. That something you need to do before you form an opinion on something or more to the point, when you come on here and just repeat what others have told you. Things that are apparent you believe without looking into them on your own.

The CWA was not going to buy the TWU, but again, it is crystal clear that you are sharing information which has been told to you rather than doing your own investigation. I guess we end up back to the naivete.

I said that I read the E-Mail that was posted and that was the impression that I came away with. Maybe it was the former President of the International who had it all wrong then? Maybe he was the one who was naive? --Yeah. It MUST be true if it was in an email. Roger that. That person wasn't naive, he knew exactly what he was doing, whoever reads the email and has their opinion formed by that, well there is the naive person. I guess that communication worked exactly as it was supposed to.

Here, maybe this has nothing to do with that letter, right?  "Lombardo served as Local President until 1996 when he has named to the International staff by then International President Sonny Hall." --TWU.org

Once you realize how the "information" being shared with you is erroneous, you will have a hard time regaining your credibility. I'd suggest you research the point being told to you because I am quite sure there is no documentation that goes along your allegations, just rumor and rhetoric.

Except for what I read in that E-Mail that came out by whoever for whatever reason, no. Seen no documentation that ever said besides that we were to be sold to the CWA. If you noticed that is why I stated my query to you as just that. A question. Does asking you questions in a public forum that you have so much participation on disturb you? --If you are convinced on a subject matter it means you should know that subject matter. If you don't fully know that subject matter "and you get your position" simply because someone else said it was so, then you can't be trusted in your pursuit of more information. It's that simple.

Is that what this is about? What position? I'm not looking for any position. Would you like me to draw up a legal document signed and notarized that will convey that? 

The position you might be talking about is all yours. Not interested. Maybe I shouldn't have joked around about it if people are going to get in a tizzy? Way too much headache and way too much aggravation. Don't want that bullseye on my back.

NYer said:

It's a done deal. Move on.

There is no justification to hold other things up because you want to force this issue. I suppose if later in the relationship with the IAM, if they want to change something after it was agreed too, it isn't too much a problem. Maybe the airline agrees to a JCBA and decides in the middle of it that they want a change and if we don't agree then they will just not resolve any grievances....That would be OK too, right.

At some point, you have to get off that fence.
Who the hell am I?

Thanks for the credit I guess but I don't decide any moves. Just waiting on that NMB decision and hopefully some more news to go on for what's going to happen next?

WeAAsles said:
Is that what this is about? What position? I'm not looking for any position. Would you like me to draw up a legal document signed and notarized that will convey that? 

The position you might be talking about is all yours. Not interested. Maybe I shouldn't have joked around about it if people are going to get in a tizzy? Way too much headache and way too much aggravation. Don't want that bullseye on my back.

See. The fact that you interpreted the word "position" to mean a job as opposed to the meaning within the context of the post, which is your "position" in the arguments, tells us a great deal of the mindset you're in while making these posts.

The response to that word comes from one mindset....a political one.

WeAAsles said:
Who the hell am I? --That's true.

Thanks for the credit I guess but I don't decide any moves. Just waiting on that NMB decision and hopefully some more news to go on for what's going to happen next? --You'll get more news at the end of the month or first week in February. What was your last time frame? You said, they would have all this worked out by the middle of November. Tick-tock...tick-tock.

WeAAsles said:
Sorry dude but from where I sit my Union has done alright by me. I'm making double what the non union average person who does my job in pay and benefits makes and that's even after basically two Bankruptcies so I'm not going to be filing a complaint with the chick at the front desk anytime soon.
No prob. And I respect how you feel about your representation.  However, for the mechanics at AA is has been a dismal representation to say the least.  Don't get me wrong, but, I honestly hope you guys get a chance to vote on this alliance.  If alliance passes, then the majority wanted it, if not, then I smell a run-off...

Back