Terminated F/A's

Status
Not open for further replies.
It doesnt make a bit of difference in my paycheck when I cover for the irresponsible BHs who cant make it to work. Its a last minute hurry up and leave the house for several days. When we work we are gone from home; not like others who still get to sleep in their own bed. You try being on call 24 hours a day for days on end with 1.5 hours to be ready to leave for several days (take the trash out, pack the right clothes, water the plants, fight traffic etc). So then add on top of that that I am doing all this hurry-up stupidity for NO extra money and because someone cant be responsible enough to show up for work. Lets see you try it and how happy you are when you get the phone call to have your butt on the plane in 1.5 hours to be gone for 4 days for no extra money. At least with overtime for you ground people you get extra money.

It doesnt make a bit of difference in my paycheck when I cover for the irresponsible BHs who cant make it to work. Its a last minute hurry up and leave the house for several days. When we work we are gone from home; not like others who still get to sleep in their own bed. You try being on call 24 hours a day for days on end with 1.5 hours to be ready to leave for several days (take the trash out, pack the right clothes, water the plants, fight traffic etc). So then add on top of that that I am doing all this hurry-up stupidity for NO extra money and because someone cant be responsible enough to show up for work. Lets see you try it and how happy you are when you get the phone call to have your butt on the plane in 1.5 hours to be gone for 4 days for no extra money. At least with overtime for you ground people you get extra money.

I have been on call 24/7 and it stinks. No one denies that. However, as Travelpro mentions, we all have choices. I covered a trip last week for a reserve who got stuck in Jersey traffic. Should I be mad because I checked in early for my trip and went to BUF instead of SFO?

If people just came the day before, instead of that day, or the first flights out would there be problem?

Daze Inn & Lagoon ready when you are.

Do what we do - we have a bag room full of liquor.

If people just came the day before, instead of that day, or the first flights out would there be problem?

Daze Inn & Lagoon ready when you are.

Do what we do - we have a bag room full of liquor.

Again, if all flights are full all day every day, how do we get to the liquor room? And, now we're bumping the reserves who are legitimately trying to get to work before 3pm.

Again, if all flights are full all day every day, how do we get to the liquor room? And, now we're bumping the reserves who are legitimately trying to get to work before 3pm.
I appreciate your earnest reply to the difficulties of PIT-PHL and sympathize with you but such a large amount of people seem to make it to work, for the most part.

If flights are full all the time then how does anyone get to work?

What I don't seem to see is anyone willing to alleviate the commuting problems by coming in early.

It seems that more than a few are tempting fate.

I say, kill the company. It deserves to die several times over. Yeah, I know there are tens of thousands of nice people, but the company really needs to die.

3pm? What happends at 15:00? That was 3 contracts ago and seems to show how out of touch people are. It's 12:00-12:00 now no rest. Even the militrary provides a rest period. The blockholder bubble is alive and well.

This week was a cluster F888 to be sure.... Rsvs were called out of base left and right. BUT it was not only because BH could not not make it in. Weather, lead-ins etc ... made for a messed up situation.

I thing part of the problem is that RSVs get a system 2 day flying 2-3 legs and getting paid only actual block time. So, DCA-LGA = 1.5 hrs. You have many RSVs, though on-duty will gladly accept a N/C so they dont have to work that.

I just did two 2 days back-to-back, which in real-life is a 4 day. This included DH both out of and into base, which we all know is 50%. My total block for both trips was 9.3 hours ( don't even think it was that much but it is still a less than 10 hour 4-day) ..... THATs what the big problem is. RSVs HAVE to work the trips, just make it worth their time, or at least pretend to.

Ahh, the old commute debate: "Its a choice" v "I have no choice!"

Can we just skip it for the 50,000th time and find out who was canned? :ph34r:

Ahh, the old commute debate: "Its a choice" v "I have no choice!"

Can we just skip it for the 50,000th time and find out who was canned? :ph34r:
That's a very good description of things, depending on which J/S your sitting on at the time.

Isn't there a secret PIT message board where trips are traded that would have the information?

I don't like to see anyone "canned". This rumor has been swirling around for over what, a week now? I bet there is an element of truth to it. I guess we'll know next month when we move up in seniority.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back