Pilots want a Raise

Actually, every employee of this company is a renewable resourse and easy to replace. The hardest, in order, are probably 1) pilots, 2) F/A's, and 3) mechanics.

Not that I'm saying that any or all of these 3 groups deserve a raise more than anyone else, mind you.

Jim
You're right Jim,
But I do believe you have the order mixed up.
it's "probably" 1) mechanics, 2)F/A's, and 3)pilots....at least we agree on the F/A's. :lol:

Whatever the order, I omitted one group - dispatchers. No slight intended.

Jim

• Banned
AW,

How many times do you have to be told that even if there is an election and the ibt wins all the ibt will be doing is administer the IAM/US CBA per the SCS ruling.

And during transition negotiations pay rates can be increased.

AW,

How many times do you have to be told that even if there is an election and the ibt wins all the ibt will be doing is administer the IAM/US CBA per the SCS ruling.

And during transition negotiations pay rates can be increased......
or frozen or cut. Along with other benefits/entitlements.......you forgot that part.

• Banned
I have been through three mergers with three transition agreements and they were always improvements, not regressions.

AW,

Just to look back didn't you IAM boys say the TWU would never get a VOTE IN???? :shock:
Don't look now but I think there is more to come REAL SOON!! :rolleyes: :lol:

You're right Jim,
But I do believe you have the order mixed up.
it's "probably" 1) mechanics, 2)F/A's, and 3)pilots....at least we agree on the F/A's. :lol:

Given the fact that there are several "contract" facilities licensed by the FAA to work on airplanes like ours, and that most of the stations have "contract" line maintenance, I think that the mechanics could be outsourced (and replaced) within one business day given the proper motivation.

Boeing had the order exactly correct.

F/A's would take a week or two.

Pilots a few more weeks.

But no group is irreplaceable.

Apparently the BOD must think upper management is irreplacable. How else could they justify the exorbitant pay and benefit packages given to these brainstorms?

AW,

Tell me again, if the iam cba has to be used regardless and nothing changed, due to the SCS ruling, then why are tle 2 different pilot groups, fa groups, and the csr's getting changes??????? the fa's are negotiating a NEW contract, the pilots want more money and the CSR's just got a big raise.. how can you say that we CAN NOT change anything??????

• Banned
They are all negotiating a transition agreement.

Because both Pilot groups are ALPA, and both Flight Attendant Groups are AFA.

The mechanic and related and ramp are all differant unions betweeen the two airlines.

I never said things cannot be changed, the IAM CBA will remain in effect and a transition agreement will be negotiated, some of the ibt folks are under the impression if the ibt wins if there is an election that everyone will fall under the ibt cba which is in section 6 negotiations which have been suspended, that is not the case, the IAM CBA will be the surviving CBA no matter what happens.

The CSR group on the east did not get a big raise.

They are all negotiating a transition agreement.

Because both Pilot groups are ALPA, and both Flight Attendant Groups are AFA.

The mechanic and related and ramp are all differant unions betweeen the two airlines.

I never said things cannot be changed, the IAM CBA will remain in effect and a transition agreement will be negotiated, some of the ibt folks are under the impression if the ibt wins if there is an election that everyone will fall under the ibt cba which is in section 6 negotiations which have been suspended, that is not the case, the IAM CBA will be the surviving CBA no matter what happens.

The CSR group on the east did not get a big raise.

get your facts straight, the IBT believes that in the event of of our eventual victory, that both groups will maintain their respective contracts while an entirely new contract is made.
where does it say in the SCS that the IAM cba is the surviving contract... oh no it does not...
the topped out east csr's got a buck an hr raise on the first of april while the best any west got was 40 cents... nice to think that all of the easties believe that we are getting everything we want. csr's on both sides have to do the same job, but for the west it is 2 years to get the same pay

To add yet another, get your facts straight UW, the afa transition agreement under sec 5 sets for a new contract to be negotiated..... Tripped over your facts again huh???

read and weep little man
http://www.afa66.org/transitionagreement.pdf

Back