Pilots want a Raise

Great here we go again greed from the pilot group.
Based on percentage as a fleet woker Ive taken a much larger hit than they have. I think we need to address our pay first.
Its time you pilots stand in line this time.

wolf is gone. it's not work group vs. work group anymore....get on board all yall

There are many exec type management out there willing to work for a lot less than our current senior managment receives too! Much less.
Have you made a recommendation to the USAirways Nominating Committee for a replacement Chairman ?

Heck with the raises---just give me 19hr three day trips and 25 hr 4 day trips. Its not all about show me the money.

Yeah, we saved the company and you want us to stand in line. Without our pension going you'd be working at McDonalds.

OTOH, had the company folded (leaving a few more thousand high-time ATPs on the street all at once), so would you.

Way to state the obvious sparky.

But I doubt too many college educated ATP's would end up at Mickey D's.

Yeah, look how many are working at Home Depot.... :p

Actually my brother-in-law is a former pilot that has been forced to work at home depot the past 4 years. A Pilot job at Home depot actually came up about a year ago. He put a resume in for it. No call. He called and asked what happened and was told that there were hundreds of former pilots at home depot that put in for the job. He was just one of many pilots working at Home Depot now. I believe he works in the lawnmower department selling mowers & things.

Younger workers, including pilots, will work for almost nothing in today's American environment. Things aren't how they used to be. It's truly amazing.

regards,

If you got hired at the right time, it's the best job in the world. Not what it was, but I'll take hands down over ant other craft I see when I get to the airport.

Actually, every employee of this company is a renewable resourse and easy to replace. The hardest, in order, are probably 1) pilots, 2) F/A's, and 3) mechanics.

Not that I'm saying that any or all of these 3 groups deserve a raise more than anyone else, mind you.

Jim

Spread the wealth around is what I say.

Doug must be puckering today.

certainly you must be kidding??? how many times have you said that the IAM contract can not be opened for negotiations, so the pay can not be increased until 2009 at the earliest, so vote IBT and let's go for the money.....

Back