overhaul

Relatives??? You don't have to be related but merely have gone to the same podunk high school or even a rival podunk high school... IMO the best technicians came from outside the NE Okla. area from aircraft manufacturers such as Lockheed, Rockwell and not to mention the military.. Not to say their aren't some good people from the area but the mindset from the native Oklahoma people is if you get on at AA you got it MADE!!

And the main reason the building cleaner position has been protected for so long..
maybe every amt in tul should hand in their a&p for a broom and mop!

IMO the best technicians came from outside the NE Okla. area from aircraft manufacturers such as Lockheed, Rockwell and not to mention the military..
Did you happen to forget that the very hangars we maintain AA's fleet in were here in Tulsa during WWII? Many of those assembly plant technicians relatives are here now, not to mention the massive McDonald Douglas plant 3, Rockwell and now Spirit. IMO the native podunk educated technicians can hold their own.

Relatives??? You don't have to be related but merely have gone to the same podunk high school or even a rival podunk high school... IMO the best technicians came from outside the NE Okla. area from aircraft manufacturers such as Lockheed, Rockwell and not to mention the military.. Not to say their aren't some good people from the area but the mindset from the native Oklahoma people is if you get on at AA you got it MADE!!

And the main reason the building cleaner position has been protected for so long..

I disagree, IMO the mechs from TUL are exceptional. But I would say they have made an overestimation of their worth to AA by not being flexible. But of course there was a lot of line mechs thinking the same way, but AA isn't closing line stations. I wonder how many guys are still saying that we are better off in BK, if they are, they're probably not in danger of being laid off or being forced to move to stay with AA.

I disagree, IMO the mechs from TUL are exceptional. But I would say they have made an overestimation of their worth to AA by not being flexible. But of course there was a lot of line mechs thinking the same way, but AA isn't closing line stations. I wonder how many guys are still saying that we are better off in BK, if they are, they're probably not in danger of being laid off or being forced to move to stay with AA.

There are no plans to close any line stations or nor closing of Class I stations?

There are no plans to close any line stations or nor closing of Class I stations?
no, there's no plans in place. not even ord. all class 1's are supposed to grow, flight wise, by 20% horton said. he said that just the other day.

I am here. I have been a bad boy and had my internet taken away.

AA is staying in TUL because the union is protecting the largest portion of the workforce, or the largest portion of revenue to Jim Little
AFW has a fixed cost that TUL does not. The only question is a test cell for the wide body engines
AAR recently toured TUL. Does the name Danny Martinez mean anything to you? Just as Aviall toured they are all looking for our work. The term sheet indicates 40% outsourcing. The 737 program group appears to be having some difficulty finding a vendor at this time who has the capabilities to perform the work. A widebody can overnight in Asia or Europe. I do not see how an aircraft can terminate in Asia or Europe and be a viable revenue source, unless a third or fourth aircraft is in the loop. Aviall is owned by Boeing and could be in line to provide their services.
It will be up to the union and company where to draw the line, money or people. I believe the union will attempt to protect the members over the money. Do not let rumors about AAR sway you. Wait for the facts
I have a friend at CAL that tells me that their 777 heavy maintenance is done in Japan. Like AA, this is part of their system and I don't think it is too much of a problem for them. I assume this is good information.

no, there's no plans in place. not even ord. all class 1's are supposed to grow, flight wise, by 20% horton said. he said that just the other day.

Unless something has changed, AA has been saying 20% in available seat miles, not flight growth. That probably means more seats per departure as much as it does new flying. Replacing MD80s with B738s, and upgrading 50 seat RJs for 70+ seat RJs could all bring increases in ASMs without adding a single departure.

The only growth airplanes coming are the 773s, and if AA dumps the remaining 762s, that too winds up being a wash as far as aircraft and departure counts go.

I would be careful how I interpret what Mr. Horton has to say. One of the biggest items on the term sheet is removing the ASM cap. This would affect many class II stations and likewise many gates at class I stations. He may have been referring to Eagle flights. Nobody knows for sure but why remove the cap if there aren't major changes coming?

I would be careful how I interpret what Mr. Horton has to say. One of the biggest items on the term sheet is removing the ASM cap. This would affect many class II stations and likewise many gates at class I stations. He may have been referring to Eagle flights. Nobody knows for sure but why remove the cap if there aren't major changes coming?
your right. i miss read the article. it was load factor. yeah who knows.i just hanging on for the ride as long as i can. hopefully we will hear something soon.
btw..does anyone know if it's true larry pike and crew have been saying afw will close july 16th? heard that a couple of days ago from someone out here.

your right. i miss read the article. it was load factor. yeah who knows.i just hanging on for the ride as long as i can. hopefully we will hear something soon.
btw..does anyone know if it's true larry pike and crew have been saying afw will close july 16th? heard that a couple of days ago from someone out here.

No one knows the exact date yet. First, the contract needs to be settled by the bk judge. Also, the company needs to give the city the two months letter saying they are shutting down.

No one knows the exact date yet. First, the contract needs to be settled by the bk judge. Also, the company needs to give the city the two months letter saying they are shutting down.
Remember the contract is not settled by the judge, if an agreement is reached the judge approves it.

With Eagle not being sold, it could amount, as someone has posted, that ORD for example could become an Eagle city.

If the airline is pulling in a defensive move, the Class II stations maybe be the Eagle stations and Class I the AA stations? Eric?

The question is why do we need a interpreter every time management speaks? Same problem same Airline year after year...nothing fixed.

If the airline is pulling in a defensive move, the Class II stations maybe be the Eagle stations and Class I the AA stations?

No idea, Buck. My gut says that anything in a competitive station (i.e. an OA hub or a high profile city) is going to stay insourced. Beyond that, I have no feeling either way.

The question is why do we need a interpreter every time management speaks? Same problem same Airline year after year...nothing fixed.

Hardly unique to management. Nouns and verbs are different for pilots & flight attendants at times as well... same thing with agents & ramp... and don't even try to discuss a topic with agents from MIA & ORD...

Want to see it escalated to a new level of ridiculous? Put reps from three or four airlines into the same room and try to have a discussion...

Interesting video to watch

http://video.pbs.org/video/1750473040

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/retirement/view/

You should have watched this video before telling everyone to vote NO, and saying BK is better then this TA.

How is 3500+ mechs on the outside looking in, 40% outsourcing, defending the profession?

The know nothing vote NO coalition didn't cause the BK, but they showed AA that they will not be flexible. Now we have 40% outsourcing and our #s decimated. At least the OH guys won't have to work weekends and you saved pre-funding, oh wait you guys didn't save anything......good job <_<

Stop trying to help, we might be better off if Jim Little actually did take over negotiations.

We do know we would ALL have $15k in our pockets if the TA passed, and maybe with TULE working 24/7 they wouldn't be losing half their numbers.

Back