Oregon Shooting

• Banned
Ms Tree said:
Lets see if he owns his screw up or ducks and dodges like South, Eolesen and the others.
I'll just defer to what you do:

"it sounds like something he'd/ she'd say"

• Banned
1901346_10152246479617365_580596270_n.png

• Banned
Armed citizens never stop crime, Part 497565

BANK ROBBER POINTS GUN AT ELDERLY CUSTOMER, GETS SHOT

The robbery unfolded in the late afternoon at the Citizens Bank near 9 Mile and Van Dyke. The 43-year-old assailant entered the bank with a gun and had procured “a large amount” of cash from the bank when, on the way out, he appears to have threatened a 63-year-old customer with his gun, according to Fouts.

That customer turned out to be carrying a concealed firearm for which he had a permit, the mayor said. The customer managed to pull out his own weapon and  shoot the suspect three times: once in each arm and once in a leg.

Pete....check your keyboard for ejaculate.  I think you got a little over excited there. 

• Banned
KCFlyer said:
Pete....check your keyboard for ejaculate.  I think you got a little over excited there. 

Yeah? Come on man, are we gonna spar again or are you going to admit your position is for an all out gun ban?

There's nothing wrong with stating that as your position, if you truly feel that is whats needed.

But we danced already about guns and gun laws that would have had zero effect in the past mass shootings.

townpete said:

Yeah? Come on man, are we gonna spar again or are you going to admit your position is for an all out gun ban?

There's nothing wrong with stating that as your position, if you truly feel that is whats needed.

But we danced already about guns and gun laws that would have had zero effect in the past mass shootings.

I've never called for an all out gun ban.   I've only said that mass shooters aren't selecting their area based on gun free zone signs.  You have apparently seen where the Denver shooter cited the theater as being in a gun free zone.  I showed his notes, but that wasn't mentioned, so I gave you the opportunity to educate me and show me where he said it....you know...use the power of facts to persuade.  Instead, I got a reply of "it's obvious buttercup" and a spongebob cartoon.  

• Banned
KCFlyer said:

I've never called for an all out gun ban.   I've only said that mass shooters aren't selecting their area based on gun free zone signs.  You have apparently seen where the Denver shooter cited the theater as being in a gun free zone.  I showed his notes, but that wasn't mentioned, so I gave you the opportunity to educate me and show me where he said it....you know...use the power of facts to persuade.  Instead, I got a reply of "it's obvious buttercup" and a spongebob cartoon.  

It is obvious, as with all the other shootings. Its no coincidence they were all designated gun free zones.  

Why did the Colorado shooter forego the airport as one of his targets? Security, ARMED security. He was methodical and chose a place to do maximum damage with the minimal chance of resistance.

townpete said:

It is obvious, as with all the other shootings. Its no coincidence they were all designated gun free zones.  

Why did the Colorado shooter forego the airport as one of his targets? Security, ARMED security. He was methodical and chose a place to do maximum damage with the minimal chance of resistance.

Yep...the Denver shooter didn't pick the airport because of security.  He also didn't pick it because it might be chalked up as a terrorist act and it might detract from his "message" (it's in there if you care to read it).  And if a person was detailing an action down to the prime parking spot and theaters and side of the theater - why would he NOT mention "and it's in a gun free zone"...ESPECIALLY when listing the "pros" (as he did in his notes).   

It's also no coincidence that schools will have a lot of students in them during school hours.  It's also no coincidence that movie theaters will have a large crowd on a premier weekend.   You know.. here's something that happened a couple of miles from my home  A gunman killed 3 at a shopping mall.  It is not in a gun free zone.  Why didn't he pick a "safer" mall?  OR....just last year, a little farther down the road from me a guy killed three people while Jew hunting in suburban Kansas City  The community center also wasn't in a gun free zone.  But would it have mattered if a guy was intent on killing Jews.  FWIW - he didn't get any Jews....he killed two Methodists and a Catholic.  But....and this is important...in both cases -the guns were legally obtained. 

• Banned
Fair enough KC, so whats your proposal to stop evil people from doing evil things?

Back