Joint contract for IAM/TWU

700UW said:
Why would the company want to go into JCBA talks within 30 days if you think you won't get a JCBA till 2017? Such negative nancies.

Because that's how long the negotiations will take. Not being negative, just looking from past experience...

You do realize the New AA and the AFA and APFA have agreed on a quick timeline on reaching a JCBA?

PPPhhh.. just because they agree to something doesn't mean they will do it. There are pathetic liars and scoundrels everywhere.

It is a legal and binding agreement that if the JCBA isnt settled by a certain date, it goes to arbitration for remaining open items.

700UW said:
You do realize the New AA and the AFA and APFA have agreed on a quick timeline on reaching a JCBA?
I know the APFA has binding arbitration and I believe the APA contract calls for Mediation.

But hey WeAA.

All the on the floor Labor Relations Experts say they wont have a JCBA until 2017.

Amazing how many practice law, accounting, contract negotiations from the airport, breakrooms, hangars, etc....

700UW said:
But hey WeAA.

All the on the floor Labor Relations Experts say they wont have a JCBA until 2017.

Amazing how many practice law, accounting, contract negotiations from the airport, breakrooms, hangars, etc....
And you sir are a Jack of all trades and a Master of None.

700UW said:
But hey WeAA.

Binding arbitration guarantees a JCBA since it's agreed on by both sides to accept the arbitrators decision. Mediation is not the same but it does help to have a middle man if there are contentious issues that are having difficulty in being resolved.

I think if we were to do either mediation would be a better route because of scope language at other airlines which is no where near as good as what we both currently have?

Experience, Education, Training, Knowledge and actually used it and lived it.

Its shows all about certain posters when they cant debate the issue with facts so instead they attack the poster, its typical of the boards.

iluvaa said:
i think you meant jack A s s
Well I was trying to be respectful on the boards. But in my mind you can say the thought has crossed.

AP Tech said:
Other
 IAM agrees to file a Single Carrier Application with the NMB within thirty (30) days from date of ratification of this agreement
 The Company will be prepared to commence JCBA negotiations within thirty (30) days from date of ratification
Full version on IAM142.org
IAM agrees !?!?
The Company will be prepared!?!?

Why the difference in language??
And why is it so important to the company for them to file for Single Carrier with the NMB that it had to be in the contract?

The company has the similar language in the MOU with the TWU.

They want a JCBA to achieve the synergies, ie cost savings.

Back