JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive been told that he was promised time off the clock to go to fll and organize jetblue. Personally, i just think they are bs him but who knows.
I still like weez, he just should be more pro union and support his Local instead of continuing to harbor grudges over his loss. Sad.

0595CE48-16AC-484C-B47F-B5EB866673DD.jpeg

exactly, i hope i'm wrong.

we've seen major corporations give bits of this tax windfall back to their employees and i hope DL is one of them.

if the new tax laws didn't happen, i don't see DL getting anything for awhile, for reasons i mentioned above.

Without Tax reform I agree. That was it for 2018.

Ive been told that he was promised time off the clock to go to fll and organize jetblue. Personally, i just think they are bs him but who knows.
I still like weez, he just should be more pro union and support his Local instead of continuing to harbor grudges over his loss. Sad.
Pot meet Kettle

Well, if we keep stupid and you cause us to lose our health care because you didnt listen and were deluded, then ill definately have you to blame. And according to the AIG i saw, you will be working alongside contracted help as you will be grandfathered but the company will be able to backfill with scabs. Not going to happen with change but i cant help you from mindlessly following the establishment. Its your right.
Listen to whom there tim? You? Because your predictions were so spot on with the 2014 CBA. Because your "inside information" was so spot on. I certainly will not listen to you. Let just be completely honest here. It will not be "me" that costs us our healthcare, that would be the Stockholm Syndrome LAAers (apologies to those LAAers who do not have the healthcare Stockholm Syndrome) who don't think its a concession for us to go the crappy LAA insurance and you know this. And besides, prove that the healthcare is a done deal, show proof, otherwise piss off with your inuendo. You have no friggin clue as to what is being said in negotiations, none. And to claim you do, well you and I both know you will say anything to anybody who will listen to get their support. If you can show me proof, rock solid, irrefutable proof, then you will have my attention. Until then, you are just an inconsequential gnat not even worthy of swatting. Because you and I both know you do not have any and cannot get any proof to back up any of your claims.

Listen to whom there tim? You? Because your predictions were so spot on with the 2014 CBA. Because your "inside information" was so spot on. I certainly will not listen to you. Let just be completely honest here. It will not be "me" that costs us our healthcare, that would be the Stockholm Syndrome LAAers (apologies to those LAAers who do not have the healthcare Stockholm Syndrome) who don't think its a concession for us to go the crappy LAA insurance and you know this. And besides, prove that the healthcare is a done deal, show proof, otherwise piss off with your inuendo. You have no friggin clue as to what is being said in negotiations, none. And to claim you do, well you and I both know you will say anything to anybody who will listen to get their support. If you can show me proof, rock solid, irrefutable proof, then you will have my attention. Until then, you are just an inconsequential gnat not even worthy of swatting. Because you and I both know you do not have any and cannot get any proof to back up any of your claims.

"DILLY-DILLY"

When it happens, and we lose our health care because of members like you who blindly follow the establishment, we will have you to blame. Carry on!

the potential of paying everyone (including non fsc and m & r) $1.00-$1.50 more per hr. on DOS due to combo of DL/aa foot-dragging is overblown? to me, it's a poor mark on mngt., something wall street has already noticed.

i don't believe the company wants to burn our fsc store down. we pretty much know what their 'red-lines' are: the insurance and c/c-lead language. a fair chance that the deicing and catering, along with overtime rules are traditional posturing and could be settled with some compromise/no compromise at all.

if so, ridiculous from company's perspective to hold-out for that and watch their fixed labor costs rise above what was necessary...when they were posturing the whole time. when we talk fixed costs, i have no doubt aa will pay us a premium over united's TOS. DL may compound those costs...which aren't negligible.

it's all speculation. i'm speculating and so are you - as in; the new tax laws would be detrimental to negotiations.

so far, the new tax laws have immediately added relative wealth for some workers.

Never said they would be detrimental, just that I suspect they will slow things even further than that have already dragged on. Stands to reason the NC will use the Tax Bill to make arguments of that windfall to come towards the employees. As it stands, I don't believe it will negate what the Company wants because that is usually a mirror of other industry CBA's, but it may be used to a one-time signing bonus or another type of non-recurring payment.

In my opinion, a Company that wanted to make cuts while making billions in profits will not change their stance too much considering they may add another few million into that pile.

In my opinion, a Company that wanted to make cuts while making billions in profits will not change their stance too much considering they may add another few million into that pile.

It's actually going to be more like North of $3 Billion over the life of a 5 year contract they will be adding to that pile.
Everyone needs to be aware, the amount of windfall that was just handed to AA is not insignificant and I hope to God our NC is pressing the issue.

It's actually going to be more like North of $3 Billion over the life of a 5 year contract they will be adding to that pile.
Everyone needs to be aware, the amount of windfall that was just handed to AA is not insignificant and I hope to God our NC is pressing the issue.

I'm sure they that would be the case as will the stockholders and Wall Street who would want to see more stock buybacks, higher dividends and pay down some of the $25B in debt.

Dont count on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back