JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guarantee you this, if the pilots were at the table right now instead of us, their negotiating team would already have the numbers on the table and how they have changed.

Just some quick and dirty math, based on this years numbers (if the 4th quarter is the same as last years, we are currently running a bit ahead of last years number):
The company's rapidly improving financial position just got over $500 Million stronger ,
thank you President Trump.
Of course if our NC couches it the same you do NY'er, then it won't matter. If they lay it on them in the same manner the pilots NC would, we just got a raise.

Keep an eye at the next Quarter results, if the Analysts and stockholders expect any or all of that tax savings to be diverted to more stock buy backs, raising dividends and/or paying down debt then our NC will face the same roadblocks they have now. If that's the case then these negotiations to take longer since the Association will surely draw a deeper line in the sand.

From Dale Danker, President Local 514 and on NC:

"I’m not one to write long winded letters or make videos when I don’t have anything to report out so this is going to be short."

"As soon as I get an email from the TWU International with a meeting date and time, I plan to send Jay Potter to DC. He will work with the Union attorneys and other team members to draft scope proposal language for the maintenance bases. If that gets accomplished prior to the executive committee meeting on Jan.8th with the company I would anticipate that we would finally present the company with the language."

"This being my second term in office and my first time in contract negotiations I can only ask others how things were handled in the past. I believe that we will eventually get a joint contract, but taking 2.5 plus years to get there is not in the best interest of the members of Local 514. I’m committed to doing the best I can to represent all of you even though the structure of the current negotiations within the Association itself, makes it very difficult to do so."

"Seems like 2017 was rough year with several lost loved ones. Enjoy the time you have with family and friends during this base closure. I know that some of us will not get the time off opportunity, and my fear is if we are not successful in negotiations it may be the last year for base closure."

"Merry Christmas and Happy New Year"

Dale

Keep an eye at the next Quarter results, if the Analysts and stockholders expect any or all of that tax savings to be diverted to more stock buy backs, raising dividends and/or paying down debt then our NC will face the same roadblocks they have now. If that's the case then these negotiations to take longer since the Association will surely draw a deeper line in the sand.

to me, the key to this theory is delta. the aa team must be worried that their delaying tactics may cost them again. it wouldn't be for the first time that delta forced aa's hand (raises to flight attendents that glading demanded, and got, for her membership).

if delta (no need to pad their dividend, though they just signed on to billions in debt) decides to give their employees a $1.00-$1.50 hr raise/bonuses ala the banks, at&t, boeing and comcast, due to the new tax rates ....they will hold aa's feet to the fire. aa could have gotten this all done...they are playing the modern era's drag their feet game with labor.

to me, the key to this theory is delta. the aa team must be worried that their delaying tactics may cost them again. it wouldn't be for the first time that delta forced aa's hand (raises to flight attendents that glading demanded, and got, for her membership).

if delta (no need to pad their dividend, though they just signed on to billions in debt) decides to give their employees a $1.00-$1.50 hr raise/bonuses ala the banks, at&t, boeing and comcast, due to the new tax rates ....they will hold aa's feet to the fire. aa could have gotten this all done...they are playing the modern era's drag their feet game with labor.

Overblown. They'll pay the wages without blinking an eye. That's a fixed cost that airlines all pay. We typically all go up together and we typically all go down together.

I believe they hold out for the work rules and to bring other costs in line with industry.

I'm sure the NC will hold out, but that means more time.

More delusions of grandeur I see.
Well, if we keep stupid and you cause us to lose our health care because you didnt listen and were deluded, then ill definately have you to blame. And according to the AIG i saw, you will be working alongside contracted help as you will be grandfathered but the company will be able to backfill with scabs. Not going to happen with change but i cant help you from mindlessly following the establishment. Its your right.

FWIW, there’s been no “official” announcement about upcoming raises at DL. At the station(s) level, some people have been told to not plan on it at all.

Overblown. They'll pay the wages without blinking an eye. That's a fixed cost that airlines all pay. We typically all go up together and we typically all go down together.

I believe they hold out for the work rules and to bring other costs in line with industry.

I'm sure the NC will hold out, but that means more time.

the potential of paying everyone (including non fsc and m & r) $1.00-$1.50 more per hr. on DOS due to combo of DL/aa foot-dragging is overblown? to me, it's a poor mark on mngt., something wall street has already noticed.

i don't believe the company wants to burn our fsc store down. we pretty much know what their 'red-lines' are: the insurance and c/c-lead language. a fair chance that the deicing and catering, along with overtime rules are traditional posturing and could be settled with some compromise/no compromise at all.

if so, ridiculous from company's perspective to hold-out for that and watch their fixed labor costs rise above what was necessary...when they were posturing the whole time. when we talk fixed costs, i have no doubt aa will pay us a premium over united's TOS. DL may compound those costs...which aren't negligible.

it's all speculation. i'm speculating and so are you - as in; the new tax laws would be detrimental to negotiations.

so far, the new tax laws have immediately added relative wealth for some workers.

FWIW, there’s been no “official” announcement about upcoming raises at DL. At the station(s) level, some people have been told to not plan on it at all.

i understand. i said, "if".

personally, you won't like what i believe. i believe you guys are done for awhile with money. DL has already hit the magical $30/hr mark. DL has the most generous profit sharing program of the legacy carriers and DL mngt. can always point to that to those that start whining about ua/aa passing you up in wages.

i hope you guys get more, a lot more. it would be great for you and great for everyone else.

i understand. i said, "if".

personally, you won't like what i believe. i believe you guys are done for awhile with money. DL has already hit the magical $30/hr mark. DL has the most generous profit sharing program of the legacy carriers and DL mngt. can always point to that to those that start whining about ua/aa passing you up in wages.

i hope you guys get more, a lot more. it would be great for you and great for everyone else.

I have to disagree with you on this one Crema. I know that Kev and others have been getting signals of no raise next year because of that PS percentage restoration but I think I also read something their CEO mentioned about employee improvements if Tax reform were to pass (Just signed)

At the very least there should be an expectation to at least gain an average inflationary raise of 1.5 or 2% IMO.

Weez always seems to like the establishment. I think he may want a cushy appointed job or something.

Josh
Ive been told that he was promised time off the clock to go to fll and organize jetblue. Personally, i just think they are bs him but who knows.
I still like weez, he just should be more pro union and support his Local instead of continuing to harbor grudges over his loss. Sad.

I have to disagree with you on this one Crema. I know that Kev and others have been getting signals of no raise next year because of that PS percentage restoration but I think I also read something their CEO mentioned about employee improvements if Tax reform were to pass (Just signed)

At the very least there should be an expectation to at least gain an average inflationary raise of 1.5 or 2% IMO.

exactly, i hope i'm wrong.

we've seen major corporations give bits of this tax windfall back to their employees and i hope DL is one of them.

if the new tax laws didn't happen, i don't see DL getting anything for awhile, for reasons i mentioned above.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back