JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once Janus gets decided by SCOTUS these industrial unions are finished! Samuelsen even said that much recently that it has the potential to have significant negative implications for the TWU.

Josh

And you are telling this to a board about our union contract negotiations and you think it is a good thing? You probably are management and if you are, you have no reason to be here. Most of the damage republicans are doing to organized labor can probably be undone starting next year. I really don't care to hear anyone on here union bashing. I think it is fine to debate union performance and contract issues, but to wish ill of my union and by extension my job has no place here. If you don't like unions there are many more productive things you can be doing with your time. I hope you have a long and prosperous career. Stop acting like you want to see quick end to ours.

And you are telling this to a board about our union contract negotiations and you think it is a good thing? You probably are management and if you are, you have no reason to be here. Most of the damage republicans are doing to organized labor can probably be undone starting next year. I really don't care to hear anyone on here union bashing. I think it is fine to debate union performance and contract issues, but to wish ill of my union and by extension my job has no place here. If you don't like unions there are many more productive things you can be doing with your time. I hope you have a long and prosperous career. Stop acting like you want to see quick end to ours.

A SCOTUS ruling is the nations highest court and the unions would be bound by it. No amount of “clout” or dark AFL-CIO money can change that.

I’m opposed to piss poor unions that provide shitty contracts and representation like the IAM where they now endorse agreements paying less than unorganized regional outfits and only care about dues. Or the fact that members here have had grievances drag on for SIX YEARS. I’m sure you will respond that’s the fault of the company, but Janus has the potential to make unions actually get better and earn their members dues.

Josh

A SCOTUS ruling is the nations highest court and the unions would be bound by it. No amount of “clout” or dark AFL-CIO money can change that.

I’m opposed to piss poor unions that provide shitty contracts and representation like the IAM where they now endorse agreements paying less than unorganized regional outfits and only care about dues. Or the fact that members here have had grievances drag on for SIX YEARS. I’m sure you will respond that’s the fault of the company, but Janus has the potential to make unions actually get better and earn their members dues.

Josh
The iam is ripe for reform. When i win in April, we are calling a special convention and implementing the platform on buildabetterunion.com
After we clean up the corruption and nepotism, we will be able to organize and build. Boeing sc, airbus, delta.

The iam is ripe for reform. When i win in April, we are calling a special convention and implementing the platform on buildabetterunion.com
After we clean up the corruption and nepotism, we will be able to organize and build. Boeing sc, airbus, delta.

I was wondering at what time the clown and his comedy show started...I see it was approx 2:45 Central.
A little advise bro, change your format...boring!

Josh

None of that matters to the Supreme Court. They will not spare the unions you like. That is what is wrong with your logic and reasoning. Basically there is none. Furthermore Supreme Court decisions are revisited just look at how many times big social issues were re-heard. I said START to change next year, not change by the end of next year. Although I have said that Democrats will re-take the House and they will.

Everyone is free to post here, but this is a forum about a UNION contract and when we will get it. If you do not support UNIONS and by extension our contracts, than I am certain there are a lot more productive things you can do with your time. Your negative comments about unions appear to be disliked by almost everyone on this forum. Since you are anti-union and your last several posts show that I will not be able to reason with you, the best alternative for me is to no longer see your posts. No fancy memes or gifs just goodbye.

Just like Trump draining the swamp only to refill it with a different type of swamp things?

To ALL ! 69 or 76 ? 1 or 17 ? HUB or Vendor ? SCOPE or $$$ ? and IAM or TWU or ASS. ? Happy Holidays . GOOD LUCK !
2018 . CHEERS !

Wouldn't be surprised if the just passed GOP Tax Plan delays negotiations scheduled for January.

More delusions of grandeur I see.

Why? The math involved is rather simple. Parker just lost more leverage, #MAGA

Let's see. Lost leverage.

Corporations are now able to have their income made in foreign countries taxed at a much lower rate as they bring those profits back home.

So, somehow being able to outsource more maintenance jobs to a foreign country where airlines can get together and create their own heavy maintenance business, charge other countries for the service then bring that profit into the US, is somehow good.

Seems that may take away the argument about these countries and workers not being up to US standards.

Yes, I'm sure outsourcing will go down now that ACME can make their widgets in Mexico, instead of Texas, sell them from there and bring those profits into US. There doesn't seem to be a viable reason for ACME to pay higher wages in US when they could just move their operations and still bring in the profits cheaply and easily.

Nope, this doesn't help the airlines at all. :confused:

I guarantee you this, if the pilots were at the table right now instead of us, their negotiating team would already have the numbers on the table and how they have changed.

Just some quick and dirty math, based on this years numbers (if the 4th quarter is the same as last years, we are currently running a bit ahead of last years number):
The company's rapidly improving financial position just got over $500 Million stronger ,
thank you President Trump.
Of course if our NC couches it the same you do NY'er, then it won't matter. If they lay it on them in the same manner the pilots NC would, we just got a raise.

Last edited:
Let's see. Lost leverage.

Corporations are now able to have their income made in foreign countries taxed at a much lower rate as they bring those profits back home.

So, somehow being able to outsource more maintenance jobs to a foreign country where airlines can get together and create their own heavy maintenance business, charge other countries for the service then bring that profit into the US, is somehow good.

Seems that may take away the argument about these countries and workers not being up to US standards.

Yes, I'm sure outsourcing will go down now that ACME can make their widgets in Mexico, instead of Texas, sell them from there and bring those profits into US. There doesn't seem to be a viable reason for ACME to pay higher wages in US when they could just move their operations and still bring in the profits cheaply and easily.

Nope, this doesn't help the airlines at all. :confused:

Wrong.

Tim its good to feel positive bout winning but what will happen if you lose in April? Second if there is no JCBA by then how does this affect long term in getting a deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back