JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
The association, never put out that they thought an agreement would be done by the end of the year. Yes I know GP did. But I if you remember I stated that I didn’t see how this was possible. Not sure why GP decided to make that statement. However most of his videos have been pretty informing. Keep in mind, individuals that try and give you their opinion because many are asking for it, is not the official word of the association. So GP has to eat a little crow, but at least he is trying to share as much info as possible. Things constantly change in negotiations. This past week while I do feel good progress was made, didn’t get quite as intense on scope as we thought we were going to get with the company. But that is soon coming in January.

Oh shoot CB. Sorry bout that. I did not mean for that post of mine to indicate that it was the asso. saying by end of month/year. My bad, after re-reading I see how it could be taken that way, my fault and I apologize profusely. You are 100% correct that it was said, to my knowledge, only by GP, and then was concurred and spread by the folks here on the threads. You are also correct that you did tell me before that you did not see it being done by end of year/month and I almost added that to my post but didn't want more confusion brought in with your name tied to it, again may bad and now thinking I should have.
As you state, I do give GP much kudos for trying to get the info out to the members (TWU) as much as possible. My personal feelings on scope are that the company wants more than what they currently have at both LUS and LAA, again JMO. Not asking for details here as you said you guys have not gotten as deep as you wanted to by now. This is also one of the biggies left that just tells me it will be at least a few more months (my opinion again).
My question "why didn't the asso.?" was completely wrong, should have wrote "why doesn't GP?" And maybe even why is the membership believing him? Again all my fault for throwing asso. in there and not GP, And thx a bunch for not going off on me for this and I stand corrected. Good luck in Jan CB, hopefully we will all have a new contract in early 2018...

I hear there’s a few empty chairs available. Why don’t you try sitting in one and taking on a little real responsibility?

View attachment 12323
Dude, C'mon man!!! Your fellow workers are trying to get some answers from a man that is "at the table for fleet" Can't you give it a rest and let them get their answers with no interuptions from you the guy that just loves to stir the pot? C'mon man, man up and let these guys have the thread to get some answers, you might gain a little bit of credibility if you do...

Dude, C'mon man!!! Your fellow workers are trying to get some answers from a man that is "at the table for fleet" Can't you give it a rest and let them get their answers with no interuptions from you the guy that just loves to stir the pot? C'mon man, man up and let these guys have the thread to get some answers, you might gain a little bit of credibility if you do...

You’re 100% correct.

4ED239BC-0205-47C4-BC8D-CF2E88D78E5C.jpeg

The GL shuts down this thursday then goes back the second week of january. Thats one month. Then they have 22 conventions

Pretty cush gig! Plus they get all federal holiday and generous vacation time and still accrue seniority and pension credit at the company. Sweet gig for sure.

Josh

Pretty cush gig! Plus they get all federal holiday and generous vacation time and still accrue seniority and pension credit at the company. Sweet gig for sure.

Josh
A bit better than our own District. Our District officers get 4 retirements, i.e., their frozen company retirement, the IAMNPF retirement, the Grand Lodge retirement, and 401k. And free medical and disability. Never mind the Total Compensation which Fairbanks turned almost $170,000.

Who says they don't wanna go to section 6? If they make it to section 6 then everything starts new and it's a 3-5 year negotiation gig all over again. Not bad!

A bit better than our own District. Our District officers get 4 retirements, i.e., their frozen company retirement, the IAMNPF retirement, the Grand Lodge retirement, and 401k. And free medical and disability. Never mind the Total Compensation which Fairbanks turned almost $170,000.

Who says they don't wanna go to section 6? If they make it to section 6 then everything starts new and it's a 3-5 year negotiation gig all over again. Not bad!

Tim runnin for office.

9F737DF7-AB40-45CC-8C4B-13CAD3FE3CB4.jpeg

Tim runnin for office.

View attachment 12326

Tim’s efforts have been far more successful than yours. And his efforts have also brought forth accountability and involvement/supervision from the DOL which benefits everyone.

Once Janus gets decided by SCOTUS these industrial unions are finished! Samuelsen even said that much recently that it has the potential to have significant negative implications for the TWU.

Josh

Couldn't pay me enough to be a GC. I gave serious thought to running back in the day, but all that travel, and a phone that never stops ringing? No thanks.

Couldn't pay me enough to be a GC. I gave serious thought to running back in the day, but all that travel, and a phone that never stops ringing? No thanks.

Phone ringing off the hook? Lol

Remember there is a member here who had a grievance outstanding 2009-2015...

I don’t doubt that as a general chairperson you would work hard and believe your primary alligence is to the members you serve it seems many in “leadership” today are more concerned with keeping the IAM establishment happy and working to manage the memberships expectations.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back