JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA Fleet

Status
Not open for further replies.
CB, What would the LUS risk if brought to section 6.
The risk is always the time frame it takes. The shape of the airline industry and economy. Section 6 negotiations are never a quick process with this management team. I don’t see this going to section 6. There are reasons that I have stated that I would prefer to go to section 6, but so far, I don’t see those reasons happening. I believe scope will get worked out, and I still will not give up on the LUS insurance. There are many issues getting ready to be dealt with coming up here in January that will determine the timeframe for this to get done.

The risk is always the time frame it takes. The shape of the airline industry and economy. Section 6 negotiations are never a quick process with this management team. I don’t see this going to section 6. There are reasons that I have stated that I would prefer to go to section 6, but so far, I don’t see those reasons happening. I believe scope will get worked out, and I still will not give up on the LUS insurance. There are many issues getting ready to be dealt with coming up here in January that will determine the timeframe for this to get done.

Seems we'd be at a disadvantage if this went to Section 6 and Mediation.

Again, nothing can be guaranteed, but I don’t see section 6 happening. I am confident this will get done. You are going to see it get hot and heavy coming in January. Scope as we all know is the big article. The biggest. We will be going back and forth in january on scope. If or when we get scope agreed to, the other issues should fall in place fairly quickly.

Again, nothing can be guaranteed, but I don’t see section 6 happening. I am confident this will get done. You are going to see it get hot and heavy coming in January. Scope as we all know is the big article. The biggest. We will be going back and forth in january on scope. If or when we get scope agreed to, the other issues should fall in place fairly quickly.

If the Fleet group continues to wait for the Maintenance groups then we are in for a longer wait that what you may foresee when speaking from your perspective as a Fleet negotiator.

The TWU had been very vocal in their assertions of what they'd accept and if they hold to that then there seems to be little wiggle room if the Company doesn't back away from their "insulting" positions.

That type of movement doesn't come easily or quickly. That being the case I'd expect January, and possibly February, to be about everyone sticking to their positions with slow movement coming in subsequent weeks.

Hope it doesn't end up like that.

“I’ve always maintained that if the Association had explained the difficulties in harmonizing, categorizing, televising, washing, drying, dry cleaning, cooking, live long and prosper”

If the Fleet group continues to wait for the Maintenance groups then we are in for a longer wait that what you may foresee when speaking from your perspective as a Fleet negotiator.

The TWU had been very vocal in their assertions of what they'd accept and if they hold to that then there seems to be little wiggle room if the Company doesn't back away from their "insulting" positions.

That type of movement doesn't come easily or quickly. That being the case I'd expect January, and possibly February, to be about everyone sticking to their positions with slow movement coming in subsequent weeks.

E90291DA-B2FD-49F4-8E56-C1B4AD8F4941.jpeg

So W. has decided to clutter up the pages with pictures of insult...Nice W, really mature dude!

My earlier post was made being well aware
Of where the mechanics are at. And yes they have some difficult issues. So does fleet, but not as many as mechanics for sure. I disagree with your comment on January and February being a time of slow movement. Of course, I don’t think you would mind being wrong on that one. But unless the intentions in that room change in january, you will see some movement. And imo good movement.

My earlier post was made being well aware
Of where the mechanics are at. And yes they have some difficult issues. So does fleet, but not as many as mechanics for sure. I disagree with your comment on January and February being a time of slow movement. Of course, I don’t think you would mind being wrong on that one. But unless the intentions in that room change in january, you will see some movement. And imo good movement.

I'm sure the intentions are there and work will also be present, but in order to get an agreement there would need to be a willingness and that's the piece that I'm not sure the Airline has reached and I don't see them moving away from their position in such a short time.

I mean the week of the 8th will be about presenting the counter-proposal, with the Company wanting to study the proposal before answering. That brings us to the week of the 22nd.

If they answer right away it may be because they just flat out turn down the counter. If that happens then the rest of January will be about gauging what to do next. Give them the same counter or modify the counter.

You're correct, I hope you can come back and tell us I was 100% wrong and substantial progress was made and Scope is closed out quickly.

I'm sure the intentions are there and work will also be present, but in order to get an agreement there would need to be a willingness and that's the piece that I'm not sure the Airline has reached and I don't see them moving away from their position in such a short time.

I mean the week of the 8th will be about presenting the counter-proposal, with the Company wanting to study the proposal before answering. That brings us to the week of the 22nd.

If they answer right away it may be because they just flat out turn down the counter. If that happens then the rest of January will be about gauging what to do next. Give them the same counter or modify the counter.

You're correct, I hope you can come back and tell us I was 100% wrong and substantial progress was made and Scope is closed out quickly.

I hear there’s a few empty chairs available. Why don’t you try sitting in one and taking on a little real responsibility?

09BD1FEE-4A14-458C-9660-692E2E9866B8.jpeg

Ok

“I’ve always maintained that if the Association had explained the difficulties in harmonizing, categorizing, televising, washing, drying, dry cleaning, cooking, live long and prosper”

View attachment 12321
Do you have something against Star Trek? And, I'm not trying to burst your bubble but I don't believe NYer is talking to you, yet for some reason, you continue to harass him. Weez, I love ya man, you are the best on here as your humor is second to none, but for the love of God, could you stop parsing every single comment NYer says? Never mind that he has been "Spot on" a lot more than your boy GP who just threw a Pick 6 after getting too overly excited about finally nailing down the great Bulletin Board and Uniform TA's. NYer tried to tell you and wasn't even being rude, but you just didn't listen and proceeded to claim that you had inside knowledge and that GP would deliver. That was Nuts!

Do you have something against Star Trek? And, I'm not trying to burst your bubble but I don't believe NYer is talking to you, yet for some reason, you continue to harass him. Weez, I love ya man, you are the best on here as your humor is second to none, but for the love of God, could you stop parsing every single comment NYer says? Never mind that he has been "Spot on" a lot more than your boy GP who just threw a Pick 6 after getting too overly excited about finally nailing down the great Bulletin Board and Uniform TA's. NYer tried to tell you and wasn't even being rude, but you just didn't listen and proceeded to claim that you had inside knowledge and that GP would deliver. That was Nuts!

Amigo, Amigo, you are a skilled Matadore. Venezuela, Mexicana.

15E8F9D7-15E9-4195-95D5-7972E69B758E.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back