F/a Leader Says 'well Dry'

Piney Bob: just what "busy" work are the men doing to pass the time??????????? I seldom find a F/A knitting. Reading, Yes. From what perch are you looking at. :down:

also, just what is a man's "much wider of performance leval", are you talking about. Please explain wider and narrow when it comes to women and men's performance levals. I am very curious as to your observation. :huh:

Piney Bob, then with your 4 years and 400 segments, you MUST be sitting in the last row with your head in the AFT Galley. For the ONLY counting of "Stock" in First Class would be the liguor inventory. I am not sure what re-packaging would be occuring in the Fwd galley???? As far as re-packaging and counting of stock, that would apply to the BOB meals we have to deal with these days in the AFT galley, along with the liguor inventory there as well.

Now, I do have to correct myself, we do/or should count First Class meals prior to boarding and even if Catering comes at the last minute prior to shutting the a/c door, how could you possibly see around the corner IF you are in First that is????

And your 1/2 hour????Where do you get that? Are you timing the lull in service and /or flight time???Pallllleleeeeeezzzeeeee.

There are just as many males who sit as females. There are just as many females who walk up and down the ailes 3/4 times with trash bags as guys.

And by the way, we even have male F/A's who KNIT. <_<

when I read Piney Bob's post I had to agree as I thought back on all the hundreds of trips I commuted on U. It did always seem like the male f/a were moving around/puttering/whatever you want to call it...than the female f/a. This is NOT to say the female f/a weren't doing stuff they were suppose to be doing. I just also noticed that the male f/a were more likely to be puttering around in the galley or walking up and down the aisle...with or without the trash bags.

It's a known fact that for some male fas crusing up and down the ailse is more about being seen. They are busy little beavers, oops, wrong term.

The Male Flight Attendants were probably moving around so much because they were wearing BVD"s instead of boxers. I suppose moving "around alot" makes one a "Good F/A". If this weren't so absurd, I would think it funny. :lol: :lol:

Diogenes: Thanks for the laugh, I needed a good one today. :lol: :lol: :up:

I'm never going to be able to look at a male flight attendant the same way anymore. If they wiggle that hip while walking the aisles, I'll know what's going on. :lol:

Well, PineyBob, I have never in all my years EVER heard a F/A tell a Customer that they were not on the clock yet and not getting paid. That is totally unexceptable. We may not be getting Flight Time Pay, til that door closes or should I say until we Push Back, but as far as I'm concerned, when I check in one hour prior to departure, I am on USAirways time clock.

I fly Senior alot. I love working First Class. I seldom sit. But I will say one thing, I will certainly be on the look out for the cockroach in 3C :lol:

FlyingHippie said:
It's a known fact that for some male fas crusing up and down the ailse is more about being seen.  They are busy little beavers, oops, wrong term.
:shock: NOOOOO WAAAAYYYYYYY ;) Damn, must have missed that flight. :lol:

OK.. back on topic.... :D

Unfortunately, male flight attendants are more often attacked both verbally and physically. People are more willing to shout at a man than at a woman. Some passengers are bigoted towards gay people (and I hate to stereotype, but usually Southerners) and mistreat male F/As on purpose, regardless of thier sexual orientation.

The male flight attendant has long been a subject of ridicule in popular culture. The guy stew is always killed first in movies. The public has little idea what being a flight attendant is, instead going with the image of the sexy stewardess who serves cocktails and fulfills fantasies. To this day, movie and TV F/As wear hooker outfits and funny hats. Gay men are constantly demonized on film, and male F/As on film are pretty much always vile, offensive, gay stereotypes. Never do you see a portayal of a heterosexual male F/A, a female F/A in her fifties, a normal gay man, or anyone who cares much about thier career. I'm not even going to get into how, in movies, they take off in a DC10 but then are in a 747 once airborne. :blink:

Sadly, many moons ago, the airlines used sex as a selling point, putting thier cabin crew in the middle of it. That was a different time, and the world, and its values have changed. Sadly, the image of the stewardess has never died in popular culture, and the less worldly still expect that. Some people don't like male flight attendants just as they don't like a female pilot.

I recently saw Kelly Preston being interviewed by Carson Daly (whos a dooshbag anyway) about her role as a flight attendant in a recent film, and she mentioned a real life F/A (male) that is a friend of her and her husband, John Travolta. Carson Daly looked at her and said "There are male flight attendants? Erghh... what do they do?" and the audience howled. Some people outside of the industry (and some in who don't respect the F/A profession- for example young and immature commuter pilots) think a flight attendant should be a pretty, young girl in a sexy outfit who flirts, rather than a highly trained, middle-aged man who requests that you not smoke onboard.

US Airways in particular has/had a high percentage of guys in thier ranks, whereas from what I've heard they are a small minority at some other carriers. Generalizing again, I've found that the men (straight or gay) seem to be more up on industry terminology and events- most are aviation enthusiasts.

I think what PineyBob sees is that some remain professional and try harder, and some become bitter more quickly.

Light Years,

It has been my experience that the female flight attendants are the ones targeted more so than the males. Male passengers are more inclined to bully a woman rather than a male f/a. Have had to get the male on the trip to handle problems with male passengers more than once and this was in agreement by all female f/as. Seen more than once female f/as telling a male passenger to put up computer and all were ignored until the male f/a came along and told him to put it up and the response was instant.

Back