Flight Attendants Balk At Airline's Proposal

bookmdano said:
I do not work to make sure that every greedy ceo can send his or her child to private academies, I do not work to make sure that every greedy director can have 2 or more homes in the finest neighborhoods. I do not work to feather the nest of the vultures above me, I work to feather the nest of those under my wing.
This speaks VOLUMES......I wish every exec in Crystal City could read this and maybe, just maybe, they could understand our frustration with the current and past regimes that come to US only to stay a few years and leave with enough money to live 2 livetimes. It seems their greed will only be satisfied with more $$$$ and taking this company to the point where many family's will be eligible for Govt. assist and food stamps.

USA320Pilot said:
Since you seem to have such a good understanding of all the problems and solutions, have you provided them to management?

Moreover, have you applied for a senior officer position?
I do not have an understanding of the SOLUTIONS. I see the problems daily on the frontline. Is it not the JOB of our senior managers and execs to find the solutions? Is that not what they are paid their 6 and 7 figure salaries to do? As for applying for a senior management position, I think my personal morals and character prevent me from that. I still have too much concern for our customers and my collegues.

Todays editorial in the Charlotte Observer sort of cuts to the chase! CHANGE OR DIE! Its amazing how some continue to live with their heads stuck in the sand. What else could one possibly say? How many more management teams do we have to get before the fab five and others understand, this is a national problem! ??? We will change, or we will die. Its really that simple!

usfliboi said:
How many more management teams do we have to get before the fab five and others understand, this is a national problem! ??? We will change, or we will die. Its really that simple!
Since I seem to be an honor member let me say this:

N-E-V-E-R will I see through your twisted vision

USfliboi,

You need to read the 10Q report that came out. WE are not dying.

Third airline to report a profit and had the highest load factor in July in our history.

This comany will survive and profit and the concessions we gave has positioned the co. to do just that. We just need fuel to taper off and focus on our routes and customer service.

I did read the 10 k report. Obviously you havent had any buisness classes? Where in that report did you see we had the money to survive a constant cutting of fares at a loss i might add, and survive and be profitable? Maybe im reading the wrong report? Maybe i dont hear almost every analylist saying we have to change the way we do buisness or we will die? If you think for a moment, we can sustain the attacks we are continuing to face, and survive, someone needs to review the qualifications of running for our union offices here. Our union leaders should be able to see plain and simple buisness facts and be able to protect as many jobs and benefits as it can. To me the writing on the wall is clear. I dont care for the changes Pitbull, not at all. I hate to see our airline continue to falter. I on the other hand, dont blame our problems on just one peron or persons. Im not bitter and i can see clearly. I thought the charlotte observer editorial hit the nail on the head. We change or we die. Pitbull, please give me an outline of what you see as the solution is minus additional participation from our union groups, and sell it to our investors.

usfliboi said:
Obviously you havent had any buisness classes?
She has a business degree. So what do you have besides the yes man bend over on demand mentality, smart boy?

Guess what Peeky....

Hopefully eveyone will vote THIS time. 3,800 didn't vote at all in the Winter.

Pitbull,
There is no excuse for any member of any labor group to not vote. I too hope they will let their voices be heard this time. Sadly, I think the company's scare tactics will get the better of them if AFA doesn't make sure the members are well educated on the possible implications of both "YES" and "NO" votes. Personally, I can't wait to see the initial proposal put out by U.

Peeky

Cav, then she is very informed of the shape were in and is talking one way and acting another? Surely you jest? Whats your solution Mr. ? Lets say we change management once again, because the unions just think they are smarter than once again yet another management team...... Lets say a "good team" is put into place and no cuts what so ever are needed. FILL IN THE BLANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You talk a talk, but have no sloution, and you want to believ that its all managements fault. Are we to assume every airline (old) has bad management? NWA DELTA US UAL AA ??????????????? I dont get it,,, nor do i get your "bend over" comments, not something im famliar with maybe You can emlighten me? I see it as i see it ! Reality... Plain and SImple.

"You need to read the 10Q report that came out. WE are not dying."

This airline has been riding the slow train to death's door since 1989. All aboard for the next stop, debt covenant defaults this Sept!

"This comany will survive and profit and the concessions we gave has positioned the co. to do just that. We just need fuel to taper off and focus on our routes and customer service. "

Denial, anyone?

usfliboi said:
CHANGE OR DIE! We will change, or we will die.
Where do I send the flowers?? :(

Attachments

• rip.jpg
    rip.jpg
    2.6 KB · Views: 91
usfliboi said:
I did read the 10 k report. Obviously you havent had any buisness classes? Where in that report did you see we had the money to survive a constant cutting of fares at a loss i might add, and survive and be profitable? Maybe im reading the wrong report? Maybe i dont hear almost every analylist saying we have to change the way we do buisness or we will die? If you think for a moment, we can sustain the attacks we are continuing to face, and survive, someone needs to review the qualifications of running for our union offices here. Our union leaders should be able to see plain and simple buisness facts and be able to protect as many jobs and benefits as it can. To me the writing on the wall is clear. I dont care for the changes Pitbull, not at all. I hate to see our airline continue to falter. I on the other hand, dont blame our problems on just one peron or persons. Im not bitter and i can see clearly. I thought the charlotte observer editorial hit the nail on the head. We change or we die. Pitbull, please give me an outline of what you see as the solution is minus additional participation from our union groups, and sell it to our investors.
USfliboi,

If you read the 10K report...

You read the wrong report! (that doesn't come out until sometime next year, unless you have a crystall ball)

Its the 10Q report (Quarterly statment)

So...what business classes are you speaking of???

Back