Aircraft maint issues

Yep and the tired old way of thinking about negotiations is not working. Like it of not the company is showing movement on some items. The 1:1 being a big one. I fear our NC are stuck on semantics. Waiting for full language is a must as far as a vote goes, but I see these overtures by the company as building blocks to that end. It feels as if the NC wants full text before they will even look at what the company is offering. How much is waiting and playing games going to cost? What more are we looking to gain? I want our 7th week, better 401K, better sick time. Do we toss out the baby with the bath water or do we take it to a vote? Once the FA go into negotiations in December we are going to the back burner. The pilots are not too far behind them. The games need to stop on both sides. The NC needs to listen to their membership and get this thing done.
Sounds like me pointing out why we need to accept our deal and move on, almost to year 6. Our ramp and F/A contracts become amenable this year in 2018, but they still haven't released the T/A yet, but we did not lose scope.

Relax. I`m just pointing out ONE thing thats unsatisfactory. We need to see a full language proposal, not highlights. Far too many unanswered questions. Personally I will add up all the pros/cons and decide from there.
I am assuming the co. is still wanting the same reductions in mechanics as before? I did read where the co. wanted to move the outsourcing numbers from 33-35% up to "they say" no more than 50%. That's a huge difference with your aircraft numbers.
Can anyone post the DOS raise dollar amount? I know it's been posted at 3% above Delta's Oct. coming raise, but what is the dollar amount at DOS and at the end of the 5 year contract??
When we finally get out T/A I will post for you guys to compare. Good luck in June with your 2 days, hope it gets some more momentum for you guys...

I am assuming the co. is still wanting the same reductions in mechanics as before? I did read where the co. wanted to move the outsourcing numbers from 33-35% up to "they say" no more than 50%. That's a huge difference with your aircraft numbers.
Can anyone post the DOS raise dollar amount? I know it's been posted at 3% above Delta's Oct. coming raise, but what is the dollar amount at DOS and at the end of the 5 year contract??
When we finally get out T/A I will post for you guys to compare. Good luck in June with your 2 days, hope it gets some more momentum for you guys...

I believe that when Delta gets their raise in Oct the base pay will be $44.92. So we would be 3% above that and I think that UALs 2 year mark since DOS is coming up so they will get a raise of 2% above industry avg at that time but I don't remember the exact date. If someone from Delta could confirm or deny this base pay it would be appreciated.

I believe that when Delta gets their raise in Oct the base pay will be $44.92. So we would be 3% above that and I think that UALs 2 year mark since DOS is coming up so they will get a raise of 2% above industry avg at that time but I don't remember the exact date. If someone from Delta could confirm or deny this base pay it would be appreciated.

UAL takes a look at DAL/AA average in September. They will go 2% above that average. Question is do they use Deltas new October 1 rate or their current rate? Of course we are pulling that average down if we don`t have a deal by then.

I`ve done the math based on what we know based on 2% annually and a 5 year deal. I`m hesitant to put it out there as some guys will run with it as gospel.

Thx for those numbers. And that's exactly where our union says we should be too DOS at 53 and some change. Good luck to you guys.

I`ve done the math based on what we know based on 2% annually and a 5 year deal. I`m hesitant to put it out there as some guys will run with it as gospel.
I hear you and understand.

I was looking at the latest proposal by the company. I think if the company would increase the signing bonus that it will pass. Im curious what the union is going to come back with after the June 11 and 12th meeting.

I was looking at the latest proposal by the company. I think if the company would increase the signing bonus that it will pass. Im curious what the union is going to come back with after the June 11 and 12th meeting.
A full stomach, a hangover and no information what so ever...…...I'll bet!!!!

Matt, I stated a few posts back in the negotiations thread I was hopeful that some positive would come from the 11th, 12th meeting only to be put in my place by a member of the NC. Nothing positive will come from this meeting I was told, the company is only out to ****you. They are convinced we are section 6 bound.

Matt, I stated a few posts back in the negotiations thread I was hopeful that some positive would come from the 11th, 12th meeting only to be put in my place by a member of the NC. Nothing positive will come from this meeting I was told, the company is only out to ****you. They are convinced we are section 6 bound.

A self fullfilling prophecy?

What proposal? I didn't see the full proposal. Nothing there to vote on. It's just highlights of what the company and union already agreed on or some other highlights that have yet to be agreed on by both parties. This is no way to conduct negotiations. The union needs to be more detailed in their updates and the company needs to stop baiting us by posting proposals that should be between the negotiating committee and the company. That's how contractual negotiations are conducted. I despise the way we got railroaded into the association. I have no love for the TWU, IAM, The Association, AFL-CIO and the NMB in which they all conspired to screw us over. The reality is whether we like it or not we are currently in contractual negotiations and this is the process on how it's conducted. The company is creating a distraction or diversion in our negotiations with the membership. That has proven in the past to result in a divided and weak membership. No unity and solidarity will come out of this if we continue to complain about what the company is throwing out there. I hate this as much as the next guy but we really need to allow the negotiations to continue and see if both sides can really deliver a long overdue ILC as promised by Parker.

If the company wants to reduce the headcount they should offer the early out package now. But they won't because they want to use the early out package TO BUY YES VOTES! An early out package has a cost factor. The company has calculated it will be CHEAPER FOR AA TO BUY YES VOTES WITH AN EARLY OUT PACKAGE THAN TO PAY US AN INDUSTRY LEADING CONTACT. Seriuosly, are we going to fall for this chit again? Just rough guesstimating, TWU says there are 1,300 that are 58 years old and up in TULE alone not to mention LUS and the rest of the system! If you just take that number time $105K that comes to $136M. By my guess if that number was spent on our compensation over a 5 year contract would be around $2/hr for all of us left behind and I think that's being conservative. I don't like the idea of giving up $2/hr so a bunch of IGMs can stab us in the back on the way out the door that they were going to go out anyway! And I myself am an old timer. Just rubs me raw. Sorry.

Last edited:
If the company wants to reduce the headcount they should offer the early out package now. But they won't because they want to use the early out package TO BUY US VOTES! An early out package has a cost factor. The company has calculated it will be CHEAPER FOR AA TO BUY YES VOTES WITH AN EARLY OUT PACKAGE THAN TO PAY US AN INDUSTRY LEADING CONTACT. Seriuosly, are we going to fall for this chit again? Just rough guesstimating, TWU says there are 1,300 that are 58 years old and up in TULE alone not to mention LUS and the rest of the system! If you just take that number time $105K that comes to $136M. By my guess if that number was spent on our compensation over a 5 year contract would be around $2/hr for all of us left behind and I think that's being conservative. I don't like the idea of giving up $2/hr so a bunch of IGMs can stab us in the back on the way out the door that they were going to go out anyway! And I myself am an old timer. Just rubs me raw. Sorry.

If you look back at the SOTA Town Hall Parker does say how he wants it left in the Agreement to draw out yes votes.

I believe he said something to the effect “That’s a lot of money we’re putting on the table”

So he’s not hiding he wants to buy us all off.

If you look back at the SOTA Town Hall Parker does say how he wants it left in the Agreement to draw out yes votes.

I believe he said something to the effect “That’s a lot of money we’re putting on the table”

So he’s not hiding he wants to buy us all off.
Someone told me he did actually come out and say that. If he is willing to spend that much to buy yes votes just think how much he truly has on hand to pay us for our labors in an industry leading contract. Truth be told I'm sure Doug has some flaky contact language up his sleeve for after the votes are in to deprive the IGMs thier handful of silver.

Last edited:
Someone told me he did actually come out and say that. If he is willing to spend that much to buy yes votes just think how much he truly has on hand to pay is for our labors in an industry leading contract. Truth be told I'm sure Doug has some flaky contact language up his sleeve for after the votes are in to deprive the IGMs thier handful of silver.

Oh you must be talking about this?

31BA1E68-98D5-46C1-8FB9-C40949A87689.jpeg

Back