Aircraft maint issues

I was wondering the association wants the amt’s to boycott AMT day. I feel this day represents all AMT’s around the country whether general, corporate and air lines for hard work we do and we should be recognized for this. What is the association going to do for us?

I was wondering the association wants the amt’s to boycott AMT day. I feel this day represents all AMT’s around the country whether general, corporate and air lines for hard work we do and we should be recognized for this. What is the association going to do for us?

This is a childish act by our union.

A better show of unity would be to have a vote for one union with one voice.

This is a childish act by our union.

A better show of unity would be to have a vote for one union with one voice.

Good points. The boycott off years past has done nothing for us. This a day to recognize AMT's. We should leave the semantics out of this one day.
After all, mechanics are not the only ones without a contract. Fleet service, facilities/plant maintenance and automotive do not have one either

Last edited:
Enjoyed great food and a nice ratchet. Thanks AA!!!!!!

Thx association for charging double union dues of a FA and not giving me the opportunity to vote on my representation.

I guess I never realized that AMT's would do them? I've always associated them with live flights.

On the ramp side, they sure were fun.

Oh yeah if we had to do a run taxi for any reason we just powerbacked. A lot of times it was during banks of flights and we did have a tug available usually but was easier to just power it back I did it on DC-9's for the most part I think I only powerbacked one 727 the whole time I worked in MEM.

Oh yeah if we had to do a run taxi for any reason we just powerbacked. A lot of times it was during banks of flights and we did have a tug available usually but was easier to just power it back I did it on DC-9's for the most part I think I only powerbacked one 727 the whole time I worked in MEM.
Good times in Chicago I was powerbacked qualified and high Speed taxi qualified on the DC9 and MD87, we did not power back the 737-200s., that's when I was at Midway.

Troubleshooting chart

APA
APFA
CWA gate agents union I think.

All get contracts. The association gets nothing. We have the same union guys that turned down or lobbied against pay raises in 2008, 2010 but remain passive in 2012

Just read info on jetnet about our contract. Seems like GPs tactics have had a positive effect on negotiations. I wonder if we will get to vote on this or even get to read full contracts

What does that $112k number look like if we back out the undefined premiums and holiday pay? They are clearly trying to distract and confuse folks. The shift differential is a tired, decades old number. Devil is in the details.

What does that $112k number look like if we back out the undefined premiums and holiday pay? They are clearly trying to distract and confuse folks. The shift differential is a tired, decades old number. Devil is in the details.

That’s great thinking, turn this whole package down for shift diff. that’s why we all left $150k on the table. Great plan from the AMT think tank.

That’s great thinking, turn this whole package down for shift diff. that’s why we all left $150k on the table. Great plan from the AMT think tank.

Relax. I`m just pointing out ONE thing thats unsatisfactory. We need to see a full language proposal, not highlights. Far too many unanswered questions. Personally I will add up all the pros/cons and decide from there.

Back