Aircraft maint issues

Well Congrats are in order for you guys.
We all know when the FAA comes in on their audits they always find little items to be corrected. When they audited you guys they are saying they found nothing needed to be corrected or reworked. Keep up the good work fellas.
Maybe your NC needs to remind the company at the table about these "NO" findings by the FAA in maintenance.
Again congrats to all ikn maint. for a job well done...

Let me correct you on the deicing timeline, I hired on in 86, and can remember deicing for at least 3 or 4 years. Then, during the transfer of the duties, AMTs were inspecting the wings, etc. after the clerks deiced. Eventually, AMTs were eliminated from deicing altogether. That was at DFW, can't say what the timeline was around the system. Best slow your roll. The cockpit windows were an issue, not because of the cleaning so much, but because of the sliding windows themselves. BTW, I cleaned many a cockpit window, and signed the logbook after - for at least 2 years.
I appreciate your response. .it was thought out..and informative. ..thank you. ..

Let's just say if a cleaner scratches the front windshield, can't micromesh glass, or if you deice the aircraft wrong, airplane crashes.
Understand the importance of deicing. ...but not so sure about the cockpit window cleaning specs....the last 30 years we use window cleaning solution and a squeegee. .and the same paper towels we used on tray tables. .

Understand the importance of deicing. ...but not so sure about the cockpit window cleaning specs....the last 30 years we use window cleaning solution and a squeegee. .and the same paper towels we used on tray tables. .
Old school is history. Follow the MM. A complete procedure is laid out. Some aircraft require to pull and collar window heat and wiper CB's. Some lay out the type of stand and fluid to use and why you should use a specific fluid. Sure you can do it the way we all have been doing it for 30 years. If something happens the company and FAA don't want to hear about the way we used to do it. They want to know if you followed procedure. That's what it's all about today. Liability and accountability.

That's pretty extensive and in depth. I wonder who paid for that and at what cost. Did my equity
just take another hit? I'm not sure it will be worth a hill a beans in regards to negotiations, but Ridge is a known
commodity and has some powerful ties. We will see.

If it is good for the membership you would gladly give your Equity

so amt day is Thursday, so what does the NG union have is store for us? maybe take us all out for a nice meal ? and a nice gift for being a amt. I'm sure they could afford it with all the dues we pay them. AMT day is to celebrate US not the company or the union...….just a thought......

NY Post.

A801C613-79C6-45EC-85D3-A8C75537FEC9.jpeg

Back