Aircraft maint issues

I'm on a roll here....I keep hearing how fleet took maintenance work deicing aircraft. .now again that was previous to my 1986 hire date...but really. .let me see ...a guy in a reach truck with an oversized garden hose spraying a wing is a job for a skilled aircraft mechanic...

Let me correct you on the deicing timeline, I hired on in 86, and can remember deicing for at least 3 or 4 years. Then, during the transfer of the duties, AMTs were inspecting the wings, etc. after the clerks deiced. Eventually, AMTs were eliminated from deicing altogether. That was at DFW, can't say what the timeline was around the system. Best slow your roll. The cockpit windows were an issue, not because of the cleaning so much, but because of the sliding windows themselves. BTW, I cleaned many a cockpit window, and signed the logbook after - for at least 2 years.

Let me correct you on the deicing timeline, I hired on in 86, and can remember deicing for at least 3 or 4 years. Then, during the transfer of the duties, AMTs were inspecting the wings, etc. after the clerks deiced. Eventually, AMTs were eliminated from deicing altogether. That was at DFW, can't say what the timeline was around the system. Best slow your roll. The cockpit windows were an issue, not because of the cleaning so much, but because of the sliding windows themselves. BTW, I cleaned many a cockpit window, and signed the logbook after - for at least 2 years.
Let's just say if a cleaner scratches the front windshield, can't micromesh glass, or if you deice the aircraft wrong, airplane crashes.

I'm on a roll here....I keep hearing how fleet took maintenance work deicing aircraft. .now again that was previous to my 1986 hire date...but really. .let me see ...a guy in a reach truck with an oversized garden hose spraying a wing is a job for a skilled aircraft mechanic...

You ever seen what happens when a plane isn’t decided correctly?

Regardless of what group performs the work, it’s important work.

AMT Day is next week. Of course we are being asked to boycott the meal. Last year I caught some flak for saying that anyone that went to eat was a scab. So this year I'm saying that anyone that goes to eat is a scab. If anyone doesn't agree too bad. Consider an invisible picket line being set up and also realize if you are there you'll be part of a photo op. But if you want to be a company stooge and stab your fellow AMTs in the back then so be it............ Oh and by the way.... MLS and Fleet are being asked to boycott too. Last year we had two shop stewards that were MLS go to eat the lunch provided and claimed that since they weren't AMTs they should eat. It had to be explained that in Tulsa the photos would show union people eating (We don't wear uniforms so there is no distinction in our dress) and all would assume they were AMTs. These two shop stewards were rightfully called out for their selfishness and stupidity at the union hall. So ANYONE who goes to eat is a scab. Clear enough?

AMT Day is next week. Of course we are being asked to boycott the meal. Last year I caught some flak for saying that anyone that went to eat was a scab. So this year I'm saying that anyone that goes to eat is a scab. If anyone doesn't agree too bad. Consider an invisible picket line being set up and also realize if you are there you'll be part of a photo op. But if you want to be a company stooge and stab your fellow AMTs in the back then so be it............ Oh and by the way.... MLS and Fleet are being asked to boycott too. Last year we had two shop stewards that were MLS go to eat the lunch provided and claimed that since they weren't AMTs they should eat. It had to be explained that in Tulsa the photos would show union people eating (We don't wear uniforms so there is no distinction in our dress) and all would assume they were AMTs. These two shop stewards were rightfully called out for their selfishness and stupidity at the union hall. So ANYONE who goes to eat is a scab. Clear enough?

Clearly we should boycott AMT day. AA wants to honor our profession by giving us a good meal and a useful tool.

We should work OT, because that helps the company run the operation on days when guys are sick, inclement weather etc

Which one of these scenarios is doing the company a favor?

I will be enjoying AMT day.

I would agree with you. Are the June dates set to nego again for you guys true?

2CD60135-96F8-40D3-A21B-C7B79DB14066.png

Clearly we should boycott AMT day. AA wants to honor our profession by giving us a good meal and a useful tool.

We should work OT, because that helps the company run the operation on days when guys are sick, inclement weather etc

It's no skin off the company back, you would accomplish more following the maintenance manuals, and your operation manuals, then not eating their B.B.Q. Eat their B.B.Q., then back to the book.

I am not surprised. Make sure you smile for the camera.

Hey guys, new rumor has us with T/A as soon as next week. I have not confirmed this rumor prior to leaving work on Fri. but it did come from pretty good source. I was told the co. and union had a good conference call to get the rest of the open items done. Once we have it, if I am able to I will post for you guys to refer to. Good luck in you June meetings...

Well the work isn’t being done at DFW, if you notice DFW has most hgr space but hangars are empty most of the time. While at ORD they’re building a new hangar and Mia continues to get work and more mechanics.

While problem airplanes are routed away from DFW unless DWH has been notified to get airplane.

Good thing DFW still gets their OT though when AA needs mechanics help

Seems there are some people who don't like the fact that DFW AMT's work overtime....

Back