Aircraft maint issues

Well..who is cleaning the windows at TULE...??...and if your worried about those jobs...you've got bigger problems in house than I thought
Mechanics are Cleaning the Windows in the Cockpit. I never said I was worried about jobs. Personally I am finishing my 34th year so the odds of me being transferred are slim.

I was wondering why Fleet has not followed the aircraft back into Heavy Maintenance?

Here at SFO, the LUS fleet service folks Goldhofer aircraft daily, to and from the hangar. We usually go around the active runways 10/28. But when there is construction or it's raining and take offs are going the opposite direction of usual departures, we cross the runways. The LUS fleet folks cross the actives too.

If they do that at DFW I will drop all of my run up qualifications. It's a perk between engine runs.

If they do that at DFW I will drop all of my run up qualifications. It's a perk between engine runs.
I would like to make sure I understand. The Line has the Winshield Cleaning between Engine Runs so as a mechanic you want to keep that? ?

If you do that Texas, it plays right into management hands to transfer aircraft movement to Ramp. You think you are hurting the company, but you are only hurting yourself from losing your Taxi premiums, to not getting a downline that requires an engine run qualified mechanic.

If you do that Texas, it plays right into management hands to transfer aircraft movement to Ramp. You think you are hurting the company, but you are only hurting yourself from losing your Taxi premiums, to not getting a downline that requires an engine run qualified mechanic.
I can't believe that I've haven't been asked nicely to get off maintenance thread....so..I must say...my *****...is for the A&P..and Avionics that once the contract is settled. ..to quit pointing fingers at lesser departments..and show your worth. .display why the company needs to have you on payroll. .the company knows very well what they receive when they contract out a job...why not demonstrate the value you bring...and how your expertise brings costs down..i report you decide..

I'm on a roll here....I keep hearing how fleet took maintenance work deicing aircraft. .now again that was previous to my 1986 hire date...but really. .let me see ...a guy in a reach truck with an oversized garden hose spraying a wing is a job for a skilled aircraft mechanic...

We don’t get taxi premiums. We do engine testing on the wing after engine changes. Why would I risk my employment with this company if they take away my taxi.

We don’t get taxi premiums. We do engine testing on the wing after engine changes. Why would I risk my employment with this company if they take away my taxi.
You don't risk your job , you just make it easier for the company to transfer work from maintenance.

I can't believe that I've haven't been asked nicely to get off maintenance thread....so..I must say...my *****...is for the A&P..and Avionics that once the contract is settled. ..to quit pointing fingers at lesser departments..and show your worth. .display why the company needs to have you on payroll. .the company knows very well what they receive when they contract out a job...why not demonstrate the value you bring...and how your expertise brings costs down..i report you decide..
The safety record of all the major airlines speaks for what we do. And the company knows what lousy airplanes they get back from contract overhauls when they get back they head right back to the aa hangers where us amts get them back airworthy. Get a life man I dint know who you are but your a jerk. Parker hasn’t learned yet . But delta and united are bringing back most of there work in house .

Mechanic Job for AA but in Cancun Look at the Job Description
Deicing is a Mechanics Job etc.

Aircraft Mechanic

Date: May 5, 2018

Req ID: 16089

Apply now »
  • Start apply with LinkedIn

• Apply Now

• Please wait...
    ajax-indicator-big.gif
Additional Locations: Cancun, Mexico

Job Description:

• Responsible of coordinating ramp activities.
  • Responsible of operations such as troubleshooting, individually or with crew chief, management or professional direction, disassembly, checking and cleaning, repairing, replacing, testing, adjusting, assembling, installing, servicing, fabricating, taxing or towing airplanes and/or run-up engines, de-icing aircraft.
  • Responsible of maintaining air worthiness of aircraft and all their components while in service or while undergoing overhaul and/or modifications.
Requirements:

• DGAC license required.
  • FAA license required.
  • Absolute knowledge of English language.

The safety record of all the major airlines speaks for what we do. And the company knows what lousy airplanes they get back from contract overhauls when they get back they head right back to the aa hangers where us amts get them back airworthy. Get a life man I dint know who you are but your a jerk. Parker hasn’t learned yet . But delta and united are bringing back most of there work in house .

Well the work isn’t being done at DFW, if you notice DFW has most hgr space but hangars are empty most of the time. While at ORD they’re building a new hangar and Mia continues to get work and more mechanics.

While problem airplanes are routed away from DFW unless DWH has been notified to get airplane.

Good thing DFW still gets their OT though when AA needs mechanics help

Back