Aircraft maint issues

Of the 17% jobs split between fleet and MX, what are the splits? If pass cuts say anything the MX side will get larger cuts than the fleet side because fleet runs the nego's...

17000 Fleet, 13000 MX. The company proposed cutting 5000 jobs total with most coming in MX.

I'm in negotiations and fleet is with MX all the time and I can say that fleet does not run anything. Sito and Regan were MX.

P. Rez[/QUOTE]

Do any of the MX fellas believe this last statement?
I do believe him on the split and the fact that the company wants the higher number of MX jobs than fleet. Can anyone break down the 5000 numbers? could it be 3K MX vs 2K fleet?
With fleet running the nego's it seems MX always takes the bigger hits.
Overall I hope he is way off, I hate seeing the jobs on the chopping block again.

It appears that the AA'ers are in for the long haul. Some are saying sec 6 is coming, even one of the two nego on the fleet forum have stated sec 6 is where they see it going.
I will not make my decision until after I have all the facts, and no, I am not saying I'm a yes vote just because of scope. And although it was at the top it wasn't the number 1. After talking with some of our union officers there were, in my opinion, about 3 number ones, I mean I have several #1's that all tie for the #1 spot in my mind.
It seems the AA guys are sitting idle for a bit with no dates set, kinda like we did for 6 months and then again for 3 months. It really does look like AA management is playing the exact same playbook in nego's as SWA did with us. There are way too similar things being done over there...
It's called wearing them down. That's management 101.Parker is probably hoping that they will just accept the status quo. I really hope for their sakes they make the changes they need. The American AMTs deserve better.

17000 Fleet, 13000 MX. The company proposed cutting 5000 jobs total with most coming in MX.

P. Rez
I'm only seeing about 10280 fleet service clerks (title III) and 7219 (title I) system wide. Asking 5,000 out of their ranks is a stretch. While TULE has retired about 50 mechanics in the last year they have gained headcount by a few. Rumors say TULE layoffs and as fleet renews it's a possibility.

As for Base MX the company has said they want 3500 headcount and if the early out happened and 1000 left, the new Base MX headcount would be 2500. The company has stated that no one would lose their job.

I'm only seeing about 10280 fleet service clerks (title III) and 7219 (title I) system wide. Asking 5,000 out of their ranks is a stretch. While TULE has retired about 50 mechanics in the last year they have gained headcount by a few. Rumors say TULE layoffs and as fleet renews it's a possibility.

He is speaking of the combined list of TWU/IAM. The combined list has 9705 "title 1". "Title 2 " is 1876, Fleet is showing 17313 and stores has 1609. These are the numbers published on the TWU 567 site per the Davits decision on 12-27-16.

As for Base MX the company has said they want 3500 headcount and if the early out happened and 1000 left, the new Base MX headcount would be 2500. The company has stated that no one would lose their job.
No one will loose their jobs. They would be offered work at another station. If they deny then they voluntary lost their job. It's a game of words. Strong scope language is needed or else the company will rip our contract apart because they wrote the language.

No one will loose their jobs. They would be offered work at another station. If they deny then they voluntary lost their job. It's a game of words. Strong scope language is needed or else the company will rip our contract apart because they wrote the language.

Yes I understand, I believe the Early Out should be aaccomplished outside of the negotiations.

I see. So 3500 Base MX is the total number. They say no one will lose their jobs BUT, if only 1000 take the buy-out then 2500 will get cut, that's a loss of jobs no matter how the company wants to phrase it.

Right. Just a word game so not to ruffle the membership. The company will remove 3500 rather in buy-outs or by rifs. Now hopefully the buy-out offer will be enough to get their 3500 so no cuts are required but I highly doubt that.

Yes I understand, I believe the Early Out should be aaccomplished outside of the negotiations.
Yes they should be. It's a voting game done by the company and if this asso allows it just means the asso. is in bed with the company for a yes vote outcome, period...

How many people think that AA is government funded jobs program that is required to give AMTs jobs?

This is a company that we applied to work at, at their discretion. AA requires x amount of mechanics, AA has x amount of mechanics. There is no job that says you have lifetime employment and you will never have to move.

Once again, I see that we are sacrificing pay and benefits to keep jobs in TULE. Based on the fact that we outsource 33% and DAL outsources 46%, and ALL other airlines outsource more then that.

Listening to Dale complain that he has to work Memorial Day, is not an argument he should bring up. All line mechs work over every holiday and flight crews are away for every holiday. Just another case of TULE not getting it.

How many people think that AA is government funded jobs program that is required to give AMTs jobs?

This is a company that we applied to work at, at their discretion. AA requires x amount of mechanics, AA has x amount of mechanics. There is no job that says you have lifetime employment and you will never have to move.

Once again, I see that we are sacrificing pay and benefits to keep jobs in TULE. Based on the fact that we outsource 33% and DAL outsources 46%, and ALL other airlines outsource more then that.

Listening to Dale complain that he has to work Memorial Day, is not an argument he should bring up. All line mechs work over every holiday and flight crews are away for every holiday. Just another case of TULE not getting it.
If you guys outvote Tulsa, why would you agree to sacrifice pay to keep people moving form Tulsa or just attrition, I don't get it?

I watched the video out of Tulsa on the news coverage of the company not meeting for over 50 days. I really feel the company has given the union their final offer. I would like to see the unions counter prposal. The company will layoff mechanics regaurdless of early out offer. I know that the mechanics have been working safe and to the letter of the job cards and maintenance manuals. I really dont think the company cares about us and are willing to drag this out until 2019 when TWU contract is up. Just my opinion!

I watched the video out of Tulsa on the news coverage of the company not meeting for over 50 days. I really feel the company has given the union their final offer. I would like to see the unions counter prposal. The company will layoff mechanics regaurdless of early out offer. I know that the mechanics have been working safe and to the letter of the job cards and maintenance manuals. I really dont think the company cares about us and are willing to drag this out until 2019 when TWU contract is up. Just my opinion!

TWU CBA is amendable in September of 2018 as is the IAM CBA.

IMHO its not about WORKING on Memorial day. Rather its Memorial day NOT being a recognized holiday and not getting compensated for it. The same is is true for all holidays.

IMHO its not about WORKING on Memorial day. Rather its Memorial day NOT being a recognized holiday and not getting compensated for it. The same is is true for all holidays.

I was just giong by the words coming out of his mouth.

The problem is the Association continues to withhold information. Their lack of transparency and communication is some of the worst I have seen in my 35 years. I haven't heard a word from the TWU or IAM since their appearance on the Parker show...

Back