A/c 700 Out Of Mobile S-check

N628AU said:
I find it very interesting that there has been no overjoyed press release or statement in US Daily about Acft 700 coming out of work on time from Mobile and being back in revenue service.
Even CCY decided to give a few days to make sure the ship did not suddenly drop out of the sky (as opposed to only having a failure of one hydraulic system resulting in an unscheduled diversion to RIC).

Our flight ops department at my firm does line MTC and everything but the heavy checks on the Lears. It was amusing when they got the first couple of these things back from an Outsourced MX Shop Who Shall Remain Nameless. 3/4 of the department (15 guys or therebouts) scrambled for about 10 days per plane to get these fixed again.

I'd be curious to hear if the guys from Southwest have these same issues.

Hawk said:
The media plans to report this story in the next few days. :rant:

This is an isolated incident that can happen with any aircraft. This does not represent the fine work, which is performed on a daily basis by Mobile Aerospace.
yes you are quite right....5 serious mel's and an in flight emergency during revenue...get what you pay for......
heard your pals from FAA are lookng into some pencil whipping on the check documents...that'll look real good too.
HOW MUCH WE SAVE ??
whats it cost to spar with the IAM,the FAA,UPI,etc,etc....how much did glass's firm cost you?
what you saving on the 'RAZOR BLADE'fiasco in new iberia???
YOU NEVER P/M'D ME AS TO HOW YOU LIKE YOUR GOOSE COOKED??WELL??

MrAeroMan said:
pitguy said:
Now remember Dave 'The New Lorenzo' had our passengers safety in mind when selecting this vendor.

--He only tells lies when his mouth is moving.

--Pro outsourcing pilot Chip may want to fly that aircraft.
To be fair to Chip I believe he's come out and said the mx checks need to stay inhouse.
To be fair I believe Chip said we should negotiate this work away as it was in his best interest! :down:

Never negotiate with terrorist!!

Attachments

• hostage.jpeg
    hostage.jpeg
    4.3 KB · Views: 134
seeking the truth said:
Kudos to TMTTQ, for bringing this issue to light. AOG, hats off to you also for supplying the FACTS of the current debacle. It will be interesting to see managements spin on this unfortunate situation. It's one thing to have issues on an an aircraft after test hopping coming from overhaul. It's entirely another situation having an aircraft released for service then having these problems.
Very sad indeed.

Will management heed or continue to bleed ?????
:down: I don't know that this a/c was test hopped after it's maint visit, but I do know the company planned to not test hop at third party. Just as they tried to stop it at mainline as they believed it was not cost effective to test hop without actual paying passengers on board. :down:

Nice going guys, got any swap land in Florida for the public to buy as well as this lattest boondoggle that your trying to sell.

Attachments

• sell.jpeg
    sell.jpeg
    2.9 KB · Views: 141
700UW said:
The plane did not come in with the R/H lav inop, after it went into revenue service is when all the problems started to occur.
No it did not come in with the right lav inop, or for that matter with anything wrong. It was only after it entered revenue service I.E. U pilots, U flight attendants and passengers trying to use the systems that obvious flaws that should have been found before it entered service should have been caught. Hence the reason why mainline peeps test hop and perform ops checks!!!

DUH!!!!

Attachments

• crazy.jpeg
    crazy.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 144
Hawk said:
The media plans to report this story in the next few days. :rant:

This is an isolated incident that can happen with any aircraft. This does not represent the fine work, which is performed on a daily basis by Mobile Aerospace.
Hey clueless. Same as the fine 3rd party work performed on a/c 573 in PIT for major repair because the 3rd party company damaged the skin. How many others were damaged the same way? How much money did U save fixing this damage. Why don't the a/c repaired by the fine IAM mechanics at U have 9 pages of write ups after leaving heavy? Why don't the a/c repaired in house require emergency landings directly following heavy maint? Was the 2 % savings worth the hassle, the emergency landing and diversion, the 9 pages of write ups to be fixed, the court case, the denied stay, the bad media, the lower company morale? Any answer other than NO means your starting to believe your own BS very scary in any profession. Maybe even------------------

Attachments

• crazy.jpeg
    crazy.jpeg
    6.2 KB · Views: 145
Hawk said:
Hawk,

I walked over to the hangar in CLT and saw their .." FINE WORK ". Ha

Your killing me with your funny statements. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Quit making all of us laugh. :lol: :lol: :lol:

SL

Third party maintenance bases hold the blame? That logic doesn't add up. If you're using that comparison, Southwest has historically outsourced all of its heavy maintenance with zero incident fatalities, while USAirways has performed its maintenance inhouse and had 7 mainline fatal incidents (plus 2 express ones).

http://www.airsafe.com/airline.htm

US Airways plane makes emergency landing

US Airways Airbus A319 made an emergency landing in Richmond, Va., Monday after a cockpit light showed a hydraulic system to be low on fluid. The plane was the first to be maintained by a third-party contractor under an arrangement that has been challenged by the airline's unionized mechanics. The plane underwent heavy maintenance by Mobile Aerospace Engineering in Mobile, Ala., and returned to service Saturday. It made nine flights before the landing. Mechanics found a small leak in a hydraulic system valve that operates the landing gear.A federal judge in Pittsburgh has temporarily blocked US Airways from contracting out heavy maintenance on its Airbus jets because of language in its contract with the International Association of Machinists. But he allowed completion of work already started on the single plane.

"It is not unusual for an airplane, regardless of where it was maintained, to have a minor maintenance problem after it comes out of its heavy checks," said US Airways spokesman David Castelveter. -- TED REED

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/bus...ess/7240497.htm

blueoceans said:
USAirways has performed its maintenance inhouse and had 7 mainline fatal incidents (plus 2 express ones).

Wrong Wrong Wrong...

The accidents on Mainline were NEVER ...I repeat NEVER attributed to in-house maintenance…!!! They were pilot error.

So, that cleared up....Check your facts first before making yourself look bad.

SL

blueoceans said:
Third party maintenance bases hold the blame? That logic doesn't add up. If you're using that comparison, Southwest has historically outsourced all of its heavy maintenance with zero incident fatalities, while USAirways has performed its maintenance inhouse and had 7 mainline fatal incidents (plus 2 express ones).

Nice try Mr Ad-Hoc. And those "7 mainline fatal incidents" were attributable to maintenence how? Where's the breakdown? To really stir things up by your own logic of comparing US and WN vis a vis outsourcing, then outsourcing is safer? Let's say Wisconsin has below average crime rates...Wisconsin has lots of cows...Cows prevent crime?

The unscheduled landing in RIC only made the events regarding the A/C in question more visible: The fact is, the plane is OTS for a host of other issues.

blueoceans said:

You may also want to compare how much oversight/QA Southwest has at their OSV's, as well as what their work packages involve. Typically they don't low-ball the repair shops like other airlines do. Maybe Southwest isn't as Powerpoint oriented.

My company hired many of the better folks from the OSV's during the boom-boom '90s. When they got laid off, why didn't they ever consider going back to those shops? Does that make you think? Most went to other fields.

"Wrong Wrong Wrong...

The accidents on Mainline were NEVER ...I repeat NEVER attributed to in-house maintenance…!!! They were pilot error.

So, that cleared up....Check your facts first before making yourself look bad.

SL "

Um..That's the whole point (in response to the generalities mad about outside maintenance on this tread.) Thanks for agreeing with me without making yourself look childish.

ClueByFour said:
Even CCY decided to give a few days to make sure the ship did not suddenly drop out of the sky (as opposed to only having a failure of one hydraulic system resulting in an unscheduled diversion to RIC).

Our flight ops department at my firm does line MTC and everything but the heavy checks on the Lears. It was amusing when they got the first couple of these things back from an Outsourced MX Shop Who Shall Remain Nameless. 3/4 of the department (15 guys or therebouts) scrambled for about 10 days per plane to get these fixed again.

I'd be curious to hear if the guys from Southwest have these same issues.
Well, aircraft 700 DID have a hydraulic failure Monday, November 10th on my CLT-RIC flight. Yes, I had the honor of working on this aircraft. Amazing, just days after it comes out of Alabama it already has 5 MELS...yes, five..AND some equipment missing.

As we approached RIC, we were told that there was a partial hydraulic failure but the only problem would be that when we landed we would be towed to the gate because the stearing would be difficult. After all the passengers left, we found out it was much more serious. Strange that so much was wrong with one plane after a huge overhaul.

BTW, regardless of who did the work, the interior was sparkling. I forgot how nice our interiors are. The walls were clean, the doors were clean, and the bulkhead carpet replaced. It looked like a new airplane BUT, we should be doing that work inhouse.

Anyway the aicreft might look good, but the log book looked like a pumpkin full of orange stickers.

Back