A/c 700 Out Of Mobile S-check

N700UW Update ***** Per the 0500 Maintenance Briefing.

(1) Hydraulic issue was resolved by previous corrective action.

(2) One out of Five MEL's cleared.

(3) As of 0603 Acft enters CLT Line Hangar for major issues regarding Flap Rigging issues.

To Quote the CLT Foreman on the conference call "This thing is a mess" !!!!!!

IAM District AGC was present at the time the Acft entered the hangar :D

This concludes your 700UW update.

Remember we have tons of qualified Brother and Sisters on Furlough....and plenty of hangar space to correct outsourcings errors after your concessions and curbed friends have paid for it.

Nice Going CCY......what's next??????????? :down:

delldude said:
TMTTQ:my sources have eyes on look at logbook...they reveal 1 [ONE]mel out of DFW yesterday.
TMTTQ:as i write this a/c 700 sits in front of the CLT line mtc hangar broke...not in RIC as you indicate.no circle of feds quarantining either.check your "questionable"sources...... :down: :angry: :rant:
Maybe you should have read on to AOG's comments before striking out about misinformation and bad sources. :p :shock:

to much time to quit said:
delldude said:
TMTTQ:my sources have eyes on look at logbook...they reveal 1 [ONE]mel out of DFW yesterday.
TMTTQ:as i write this a/c 700 sits in front of the CLT line mtc hangar broke...not in RIC as you indicate.no circle of feds quarantining either.check your "questionable"sources...... :down: :angry: :rant:
Maybe you should have read on to AOG's comments before striking out about misinformation and bad sources. :p :shock:
oh dear me....TMTTQ,forgive me for i hath sinned.......you have my utmost appologies.thank you for your info.my source needs the mel,logbook course.

Gentlemen...My Enemy is not my Brother !!! Repeat after me !!! My Enemy is not my Brother.

In fairness to all sides...before I even got to work , rumor control and speculation was rampant on this subject. Everyone had a version...informed or not?

Step one was to verify the actual RON location for the Acft.
Step two was to check the MEL's issued.
Step Three was to check the discrepancy file.
Step four...see the parts requested for the Acft.
Sep five...step back and listen...then watch it un-fold....then laugh my A$$ off. :D

I had to do some searching and some talking with folks directly involved to get to the crux of the matter....and the crux and the truth is what I have provided you to this point. More will follow as the day progresses for certain.

Don't let anger at ones actual enemy manifest itself in the wrong direction...we do afterall have bigger fish to fry in this world as opposed to quivling over minor details that all had more than a hint of truth in them.

Take solace in the fact that the IAM's position and integrity is intact on the Airbus subject. It will afterall be the IAM of U that will right 700's situation in the end. ..as it should be !! :D

We should all take a moment and ponder exactly how much good 700's issues have provided us. This is the first U Acft in history that has ever been worked outside of our hangars and our actual control...and look at the glowing example of what not to do it has provided the reading masses here. :p

No matter how often certain people preach the benefits of outsourcing OUR work...We will always have 700UW ( The Alabama Slammer) to retort with. :p

I'm sure when the pilots 700UW stories get through making their rounds with the story of "Every leg was like a Test Flight , and you never knew what would go wrong next?"..vindication of right will be enhanced with might. Their necks are involved here too !!...lest we forget. :shock:

pitguy said:
Now remember Dave 'The New Lorenzo' had our passengers safety in mind when selecting this vendor.

--He only tells lies when his mouth is moving.

--Pro outsourcing pilot Chip may want to fly that aircraft.
To be fair to Chip I believe he's come out and said the mx checks need to stay inhouse.

http://www.usairways.com/about/press/nw_03_1006.htm
The Mobile Aerospace work will be backed up by full-time US Airways quality assurance staff that will work on-site. “Our priority must be to keep these aircraft on the maintenance schedule that is necessary for the safety and comfort of our passengers and crew,” said Prestifilippo.
“Our existing maintenance facilities are fully utilized,” said Prestifilippo. “After carefully reviewing our options, we chose Mobile Aerospace because of its outstanding reputation within the industry and its experience performing similar work for America West, FedEx, Northwest and United Airlines, among others. Our passengers can be assured that safety remains our highest priority, and we chose an airline maintenance partner based on state-of-the art facilities, experience and the highest quality work in full compliance with all FAA and Airbus requirements.”

MrAeroMan said:
pitguy said:
Now remember Dave 'The New Lorenzo' had our passengers safety in mind when selecting this vendor.

--He only tells lies when his mouth is moving.

--Pro outsourcing pilot Chip may want to fly that aircraft.
To be fair to Chip I believe he's come out and said the mx checks need to stay inhouse.
MrAeroman,

Nothing could be farther from the truth in that statement...if he ever did say it? , it was certainly retracted ,only if pressed on the matter...or it was retracted in his company supportive banter in another thread in short order.

Unlike you...those of us whom read the Munn-doctrine regularly (and laugh) know...that if the company voided into a bag and painted it red , Chip would champion the spin if it helped his position only....he's sell your arse down the river faster than Sherman took Atlanta...and the end result would be the same too.

Most here...including the UA folks that Chip routinely hacks off , know what he's all about. We know he's made the greatest sacrifices on the earth in his eyes...but he's ready and eager to support the rest of us paying for his future with ours.

You are entitled to believe what you will....but in fairness to our opposition to Chip..you need to be a closer or more observant reader in this regard.

Kudos to TMTTQ, for bringing this issue to light. AOG, hats off to you also for supplying the FACTS of the current debacle. It will be interesting to see managements spin on this unfortunate situation. It's one thing to have issues on an an aircraft after test hopping coming from overhaul. It's entirely another situation having an aircraft released for service then having these problems.
Very sad indeed.

Will management heed or continue to bleed ?????

Flying Titan said:
Am I the only one who thinks this sounds a bit fishy? If this is true, this is VERY BIG news. Hydraulic Failure - Manual Extension of Landing Gear - this would be the lead story on all of the local news stations and heavily covered in the newspaper. National news media would surely make mention of this, as well.

If this story is correct, it will affect my decision fo fly U in the future. Safety is paramount. Please provide evidence or stop making claims that can't be backed up.
Okay everyone clear….

It did happen, thanks AOG & TMTTQ. As far as the safety issue, that has been the position all along. You cannot turn your product over to a 3rd party and expect the quality to remain high. This making the news, I don’t know about that but there’s always stuff going on that the public doesn’t know about.

It is going to be funny to see U try to spin this one. :lol: :lol:

SL

To further support AOG's findings and post.

I will gladly submit this tid bit of information.

In the data base entries for discrepancies , Acft 700 had no prior history..or nothing labled as "Chronic" in regards to any of the write-ups prior to going to ST Mobile Aerospace for its S-Check.

Any AMT on-board whom has ever used a logbook will know what I'm speaking of.

We had an Aircraft in fine working order until the Jack-legs got their paws on it.

I do believe the time for Dave to cut his losses on this subject has arrived with a vengence. I hope he comes to that conclusion before more damage is done , or more planes collect desert sand and dust awaiting the only sound choice to make in this matter.

AOG-N-IT said:
(1) CATIII Dual
(2) #1 Rudder Trim
(3) B F/A Reading Light
(4) GPS
(5) R/H Aft Lav Waste System

The current issue.

(1) Declared Emergency In-bound to RIC due to loss of "Green Hydraulic System"

(2) Flap System TSI
Outstanding. I guess they have nice weather down there in Mobile and never expect to either nagivate IFR and/or land in anything less than unlimited minimums.

It came out of an "S" check with a Rt rear lav inop? I guess the company did not wish to pay the extra money to have it fixed. Knowing our fine group of managment personnel it was probably scheduled for a long haul. Kudo's to the Usair managment team for delivering a fine product to the public!!!!! Nothing makes people happier than an A/C short on lavatories!!!!!!And Dave wonders why our passenger base is eroding day after day...............

AOG-N-IT said:
... Does anyone care to take bets on how the corrosion issues we are seeing were addressed in the narrow time frame used by Mobile??? I'm willing to bet that we will be seeing this problem on a broader scale in the future...saying we have a future to begin with?

Seeing as U hired a lot of former NWA managers, let me give you a heads up.

The farm out will get fast and dirty checks, and the nasty checks will go in-house, where the details will get taken care of. Now, care to guess how will this look on a Powerpoint presentation?

For fun, wait till you see an outside contractor do a wiring mod and nothing matches the diagram, and the system leaves the outside shop on MEL. What's up with that?

And finally for Chip's insistance that vendors are ok, well, it depends on what you negotiate. Some airlines have a unionized inspection staff at the shop, and some just send a single salaried manager. You get what you pay for. Wouldn't Duane Woerth agree?

AOG-N-IT, keep up the good work, but don't make yourself a target.

this is all wonderful news...i hope the gang at CCY gets their monies worth.at the end of the day,i wonder what the fed suit and bogus overhauls and lost revenue all will total up to??
did anyone check all those floor beams that were replaced to see if they actually used rivets?

700UW said:
The plane did not come in with the R/H lav inop, after it went into revenue service is when all the problems started to occur.
Most of the time the systems will work better if you hook up all of the connections before you sign of the blocks saying that the system "Functionally Checked Ok". B)

You'll see.

Back