A/c 700 Out Of Mobile S-check

Not to worry, the word is A/C 101,706&707 are leaving GYR to return to service, these were parked last April&May during BK. More of the same.

airknocker said:
Not to worry, the word is A/C 101,706&707 are leaving GYR to return to service, these were parked last April&May during BK. More of the same.
Oh joy.....a band-aid for a sucking chest wound. That's the long term answer. Got anymore shortsighted gems CCY???

I understand the "ALABAMA SLAMMER" still has major flap issues.......and to think that this was once a perfectly good airplane.

The CCY fools will never learn :lol: Good thing they saved all that money so they can spend it to fix this pig !!!

Never under-estimate the power of stupid people in executive positions :down: :p :down:

E-TRONS said:
I understand the "ALABAMA SLAMMER" still has major flap issues.......and to think that this was once a perfectly good airplane.

The CCY fools will never learn :lol: Good thing they saved all that money so they can spend it to fix this pig !!!

Never under-estimate the power of stupid people in executive positions :down: :p :down:
E-Trons,

Very very true Sir, The Slammer should be a benchmark of how not to do it...and it should serve as further validation of our points against outsourcing.

Should these "Wiz-Bangs" continue their hapless pursuits in AL. or anywhere else...one would have to conclude that second or third best is acceptable with them.

We have heard time after time how ST Mobile Aerospace was prepared to perform this work...and had history backing up those statements...yet the end result of the very first aircraft coming out of there speaks much differently.

As I have qouted AMT magazine before...a paultry 2% savings can be had via outsourcing as long as the tools and parts are on site. We know for fact that parts were moved almost daily via bonded courier services from CLT to Mobile...that eats into the savings benefit....and now we have an aircraft that flew to perfection before its HMV....and it's screwed up as a football-bat.

So between logistal en-efficiencies and extended un-forecasted down time...Air taxi's to RIC and the cost of actual resolving parts and repairs..how does one imagine that 2% savings is stacking up now? :down: :shock:

:rant: :rant: Dave and his jackals will only learn about outsourcing when one of U's planes does what the small commuter plane in CLT did. And that will be to late for all. It's to bad that Dave and Jerry don't have their pilot's license, then they could test fly all the planes that were fixed by a third party. If something happened, nobody would miss them! Dave, be a pal, which would be very hard for you to do, RESIGN NOW !!! You make me sick.

X-U said:
Smartest Loser said:
blueoceans said:
USAirways has performed its maintenance inhouse and had 7 mainline fatal incidents (plus 2 express ones).

http://www.airsafe.com/airline.htm
Wrong Wrong Wrong...

The accidents on Mainline were NEVER ...I repeat NEVER attributed to in-house maintenance…!!! They were pilot error.

So, that cleared up....Check your facts first before making yourself look bad.

SL
I don't know where the seven is coming from, but the majority of the "5 in 5"
was not attributed to pilot error. 427 was found to be a design error (rudder servo),
the collision in LAX was attributed to an ATC error and the DC-9 in CLT was also an ATC error (lack of timely weather info). Both LGA accidents were found to be pilot error. The only other one I can think of is the BAE-146 shot down by a disgruntled, former agent.
I gotta laugh that Smartest Loser castigated Blueoceans for lack of fact-checking in the same post with a totally factless claim of "pilot error" as the cause of the 5-in-5 fatal USAir accidents of the 1990's. To be sure, pilot error is a factor in some of those accidents, but it's always easier to take the "mass media" easy sound-bite and blame the pilots without checking the history, or the facts.

I noticed tonight that A/C 700 had an RTF in IAH with a gear problem. Shows a ferry flight to PIT.......

wings396 said:
I noticed tonight that A/C 700 had an RTF in IAH with a gear problem. Shows a ferry flight to PIT.......
If your info is correct that will be the 3rd maintenance ferry flight in less than a week. :shock: Or should we start calling them multiple test hops? ;) That maintenance outsourcing looks like its really paying off! :p It looks like someone is due a promotion in CCY. :blink:

Bus,

Maybe I did jump alittle quick... The top of my head blew off when I saw that Oceans tried to somehow tie U's accidents to the Maint. dept. ;)

I still stand behind my statement, Yes pilot error did factor in to part of those accidents. My post was only half right. I guess...... :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SL

With this much of a boondoggle on their hands perhaps we won’t have to learn the actual level of greed and incompetence of this management team. Maybe they will just admit they were wrong and suck it up, send the work in house where it belongs.

I don’t have much faith but perhaps they will surprise us and do the right thing.

Attachments

• boondoggle.jpeg
    boondoggle.jpeg
    4 KB · Views: 148
T-BONE,

Don't kid yourself.......CCY (Idiots, Inc.) will merely dismiss this disaster as an ANOMOLY <_< "Oh, it's the first one.....learning curve.....you know, blah blah blah crap!!!!" :down: :down:

Surely ST Mobile Aerospace would never turn out two airplanes with such poor reliability in a row now would they???:blink: Oh YES THEY MOST CERTAINLY WOULD!!!!

I'm willing to bet Dave SADDAM-LORENZO's job on it. Well now Dave.....are you feeling lucky?????

Take your losses Dave and right ALL of the wrongs before it's too late.......there are plenty of rocks out there and wouldn't you know it.........the lighthouse bulb just burned out :eek: Darn the bad luck :p :p

If Dave wants the employees in his corner as he stated this week, he will come out and admit (1) He is human, (2) Mobile Aerospace was a mistake, and (3) Immediately recall people back to work to get these checks done.

I wonder if anyone in CCY would ever admit how much money was projected to be saved by vendoring the work and then make a list of the man hours put in to fixing this aircraft correctly, the revenue loss for leg cancellations, money in fuel burn for maintenance ferries and more test hops, and how much we would be projected to lose while this aircraft cannot be in the air making money.

If this was done. it would not fix things overnight, but would be a step in getting everyone in line to fight the real enemies and start making a profit.

Back