77D/2-cabin 772 enters service today

The walk-up bar is a very nice touch. It's great to be able to get real food-petit fours, bruschetta, mini wraps, sandwiches instead of the junk food between meals like DL serves in the Sky Break basket, although the packaged snacks AA serves are more upscale things like Garretts Popcorn and Harry & David moose munch. Of course the "streamlining" of international service takes place next month and unless these fools have learned from the mistakes with domestic I don't expect this to last.

Josh

and yet DL and UA gets higher average fares to every city in Asia where DL uses the 777 compared to AA. Since AA doesn't fly to DXB, SYD, or JNB - the other locations where DL uses the 777 and a large portion of UA's 777s are also concentrated in Asia - it absolutely is relevant that throwing more product doesn't change the equation.

WorldTraveler said:
DL's M11s had a heavy entrance way ornament that impacted its performance. AA has put a walk up bar on its 773ERs... no other US airline has anything comparable. that stuff was removed years ago because it is heavy and takes away revenue producing seats. remember the pianos on the 747s?

Except the the 777 isn't an M11. 

US airlines might not have a walk up bar but other world airlines do. 

and its not taking any any seat space. Its basically galley space......

topDawg said:

You sir are out of order. You know that this type of logic doesn't fit his crazya$$ narrative!

and if it takes up space that a galley would have taken up, it is more space than would have been necessary if it weren't there.

and, AA still has fewer seats on its 773ERs that other US airlines have in a comparable amount of floor space on other aircraft.

if you want to talk about that AA's 773ERs have comparable seating density and amenities as other aircraft, then please also note that AA gets far less revenue per passenger than those other aircraft.

but since it is an "investment" it is ok, right?

plz remember that logic when AA reports its financial performance a week from Thursday

WorldTraveler said:
and if it takes up space that a galley would have taken up, it is more space than would have been necessary if it weren't there.

You should keep this in mind when you're bloviating about DLs fabulous crew rest facilities ....................

on most aircraft the majority of DL's crew rest facilities are not where pax seats or galleys can be installed

Just heard today that AA is going to be sending 4 777's for retrofit at a time starting sometime this year. In April, they will start the higher density version. Also, they stated that the Board is going to hear a proposal to retrofit 25 757's with lie flat seats in Business and international wifi. No word on if they will have nose to tail AVOD and in seat entertainment in coach. We can hope. These will be used in Europe and Latin America. Maybe they will add wifi to the AA E175's. Along with some F/C food!

IORFA said:
Just heard today that AA is going to be sending 4 777's for retrofit at a time starting sometime this year. In April, they will start the higher density version. Also, they stated that the Board is going to hear a proposal to retrofit 25 757's with lie flat seats in Business and international wifi. No word on if they will have nose to tail AVOD and in seat entertainment in coach. We can hope. These will be used in Europe and Latin America. Maybe they will add wifi to the AA E175's. Along with some F/C food!
Thanks for the info put these plans have been in place since 2012 long before the merger. All along the plan has been to remove FC, add lie flat seat and walk-uo bar to J and AVOD to main cabin and international wifi. Aparently USAIR management thinks the AA configuration has too many J seats so they are doing the second batch with 28 J seats and will be used in less premium markets. There are 47 772s in the fleet, the last new delivery was in 2006.

Josh

I was told similar story on 757s except that the 757s used for Hawaii were the ones going to be converted to the lie flats. 321s are supposed to take over the West Coast to Hawaii flying.

The jetnet site on the 777-200 retrofit says that they will all be converted to two-class. Only the 777-300 will remain two-class.

Overspeed said:
I was told similar story on 757s except that the 757s used for Hawaii were the ones going to be converted to the lie flats. 321s are supposed to take over the West Coast to Hawaii flying.

The jetnet site on the 777-200 retrofit says that they will all be converted to two-class. Only the 777-300 will remain two-class.
Correct although the Jetnet page indicates the 77W will remain three class NOT two.

Josh

I don't think the 321s can make Hawaii from the west coast except in a low density configuration like the 321Ts... the 321neo should be able to do west coast-Hawaii.

28J seats on a 772? how many total seats does that make? Is it possible there may be more seats on some 772s than on the 773s?

737823 said:
Thanks for the info put these plans have been in place since 2012 long before the merger. All along the plan has been to remove FC, add lie flat seat and walk-uo bar to J and AVOD to main cabin and international wifi. Aparently USAIR management thinks the AA configuration has too many J seats so they are doing the second batch with 28 J seats and will be used in less premium markets. There are 47 772s in the fleet, the last new delivery was in 2006.
Josh
Uh, yeah. That's why I only posted the speed at which the 777's would be going through HKG. Usually AA is super slow with this stuff. At this point 2016 is looking like there may be some good international expansion once these retrofits are all done. Nor did I mention the already much talked about conversion to 2 class. Anyway, I personally never heard of plans to retrofit any 757's with lie flat seats and international wifi or to use them on Europe and Latin American routes. Maybe no one has talked about it as the Board hasn't even heard the proposal yet. Maybe you read where I said 757 wrong. Also, pretty sure there will be more than 28 B/C seats on the retro fits. I heard 37 total.

My bad I see now. Sorry, thanks for the clarification.

Josh

Overspeed said:

I'll beleive the current A321 on Hawaii when I see it. A321 NEO, now that is a different story and makes wAAy more sense. Either way, PHX Hawaii will be staying a 757 for the foreseeable future.

Latest posts

Back