WestJet's AMFA/Engineers reach a T/A with the company

And down comes that Government HAMMER 🔨!!!!!!!

“A strike by WestJet mechanics has been averted after federal Labour Minister Seamus O'Regan directed the Canada Industrial Relations Board (CIRB) to impose final binding arbitration to resolve the outstanding issues of the collective agreement between the airline and the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association (AMFA)

Another load of crap out of Seeham. What the hell do they know about Canadian Law. They file these losing submissions all the time. Over and over and over and they always lose. The point of the filings AGAIN is to bilk money out of the AMFA dues paying schmucks who don’t lift a finger to rid themselves of those leeches.

They knew the Labour Board was going to shove a deal down their throats. 💰💰💰 Seeham makes bank 🏦 again.

IMO, removing the No-Raid clause would get us to that same place without forcing unions to constantly be in campaign mode.

Instead of always looking for another Union to jump in and try to capture you, you should look for more interested and passionate representatives. If you think you can do better you run against the incumbent and prove your worth.

FYI I’ve been with Sprint/ T Mobile now for about 25 years. When I have an issue with my Bill or Service and I’m not happy I reach out and let them resolve my issue. I don’t automatically go look for someone else who I know eventually will also disappoint me.

Groups are just that and not made up of individuals who decide. I’m someone as you know who’s very happy with my union. Also I think the larger the group the harder it is getting everyone on the same page.

AMFA-WJ NEGOTIATIONS UPDATE #25: AMFA ON STRIKE
Jun 28, 2024​
June 28, 2024
At 3:00 p.m. Eastern on June 28, 2024, AMFA and WestJet appeared before the Canada Industrial Relations Board to address the Referral by the Minister of Labour pursuant to section 107 of the Canada Labour Code. One key item addressed by both parties was the continued validity of the AMFA strike notice, with the strike set to begin at 7:30 p.m. Eastern Time.
The Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedomsguarantees employees’ fundamental right to strike. AMFA counsel argued that because the referral by the Minister was silent on the issue, AMFA members’ constitutional right to strike must prevail. The Board had found only last week that AMFA’s right to strike persisted in the context of an analogous section 80 process.
The parties continued to discuss the arbitration process under section 107, both together and in separate breakout rooms. Time ticked toward the 7:30 p.m. Eastern strike deadline.
At 7:30 p.m. Eastern, having had no indication that the Board would revoke AMFA’s strike notice, AMFA directed its members to cease all work.
At approximately 8:00 p.m. Eastern, the Board reconvened the parties and confirmed that it would not enjoin the AMFA strike.
AMFA’s bargaining committee is standing by to continue discussions with the Company. The parties are separated by economic difference of approximately 7%, less than $8 million dollars a year.
AMFA urges it members to remain safe as they exit WestJet property.
Fraternally,
AMFA-WestJet Negotiating Committee

At approximately 8:00 p.m. Eastern, the Board reconvened the parties and confirmed that it would not enjoin the AMFA strike.

Now THAT is interesting - Its already impressive that Canadian Labor Law allows the parties to be at this point in a little over a year, but if a unions ability to strike is this well protected under their laws & constitution ... wow, well done Canucks, well done.

The next 24-36 hours should prove even more interesting - While the media is filled with articles on Westjets outrage and their threats to hold AMFA financially accountable, if the reports about the Labor Ministers order is true, coupled with the fact that the CIRB refused to enjoin AMFA for a second time - AFTER THEY STRUCK -, it seems - thus far - AMFA is striking per law.

OMG ROTFLMAO! :laughing0301:

You're the one here having a kindergarten tantrum claiming AMFA isn't a union. But hey, if you think you have all the answers, get on the phone, and solve this paltry Canuck dilemma, because both Westjet & the CIRB think otherwise.

https://www.westjet.com/en-ca/news/2024/fast-facts-on-westjet-amfa-unprecedented-labour-situation

https://decisia.lexum.com/cirb-ccri/cirb-ccri/en/item/521810/index.do

Spoken like a true fake unionist 🤣🤣🤣

This is just too easy
Lets us also not forget. Since AMFA was finally called upon by the US Senate on outsourcing issues out of the USA approx 5-10 years ago, after a long 4 days of interviews and discussions and listening to AMFA's position, they were so impressed that they now call upon AMFA and have on numerous other issues since. And yes, the extreme top leaders in the Senate, Labor Leaders, as well as the FAA and all Gov agencies ALL know and call AMFA an Aviation Mechanic's certified UNION!!! Imagine that?? Whom ever you guys are dealing with is a complete idiot, as a many Judges and and courts have overwhelmingly recognizes AMFA as a Class and Craft Mechanics UNION!!!
Sounds like you are dealing with someone making crap up on the fly JUST to try and find something (anything) that looks negative towards AMFA as they can never find anything else so they continue to grasp and reach far-far out and still get nothing so they just make carp up...

Back