US Airways seen buying American

Since there are so many AA/US merger threads I'll say it here too, "It's not what US does for AA as much as what AA can bring to US". Just sayin'. ;)

Since there are so many AA/US merger threads I'll say it here too, "It's not what US does for AA as much as what AA can bring to US". Just sayin'. ;)

And that would be another labor integration nightmare and another airline for Doug Parker to ruin??

In all honesty, other than a few people making a quick buck, I just don't think it's a good combination. If you think there was a culture issue between HP and US, just imagine the problems you will see with an AA / US combination...

Just sayin'.

As bad as it may be I am more convinced as days go by. The headaches and anger between work groups is of no huge concern to the f/a's. Now the pilot issue is another story. Who knows what will happen.

And that's exactly what AA's creditors (including its employees) might be thinking. Why approve a takeover bid by Parker that transfers value to US shareholders at the expense of AA's unsecured creditors. Delta's creditors saw that and I suspect AA's creditors will see it. I see AMR emerging from CH 11 as a standalone airline. Of course, Parker would be free to make offers to the new shareholders at that point. But with US stock basically worthless, he'd have to borrow a lot of money.

:lol: The party's on
The spirit's up
We're here tonight
And that's enough
Simply having a wonderful Christmastime
We're simply having a wonderful Christmastime
:lol:

They're singing in Tempe!

When Delta was in bk US (doug and co.) gathered up enough people to throw something like 12billion at them and you think he won't find it for AA? I'm sorry but the only reason DL turned their back to US was they had their ducks in a row with NW. Whatever stand alone plan AA comes up with will have to show better value than what Parker may bring to AA investors. Only time will tell.

When Delta was in bk US (doug and co.) gathered up enough people to throw something like 12billion at them and you think he won't find it for AA? I'm sorry but the only reason DL turned their back to US was they had their ducks in a row with NW. Whatever stand alone plan AA comes up with will have to show better value than what Parker may bring to AA investors. Only time will tell.
United, Continental, Delta, and I'm sure I left a few out, have all turned their backs on US. Whatever can the reason be? Perhaps it's that 2005 merger that went according to plan...well Doug's plan, anyway.

And now seeing that former TWAers are rearing their ugly head at AA, it'll be a dream come true. A divided airline that runs efficiently while the employees fight amongst themselves.

"It's not what US does for AA as much as what AA can bring to US".

Whatever stand alone plan AA comes up with will have to show better value than what Parker may bring to AA investors.

The problem with those theories is that US isn't on the creditor's committee (but AA labor is) and neither are the investors (did I say that AA labor is?). Neither US, via DP, nor the investors get a vote so as much as they might want a US/AA merger they have no say in the outcome.

Jim

Look, I'll venture to say that the majority of US employees want NOTHING and I repeat NOTHING to do with AA nor their TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE and TRAGIC way they dealt with employees during their past mergers and acquisitions. All you see here are people with hardons for something other than what is going on around them. Employees here don't want to lose anything through a merger with AA and certainly aren't looking to gain anything that takes away either. The bottom line here is people can post attached articles, produce pie charts and crunch numbers while the wife is cooking dinner but it won't change anything if a merger WERE to happen. I'm still sticking with what I said before in that Doug Parker will try his hardest to bring more value than AA stand alone plan. I have no experience with being a CEO as many believe they do here. Just a feeling I have. I guess we'll all have to wait and see.

The problem with those theories is that US isn't on the creditor's committee (but AA labor is) and neither are the investors (did I say that AA labor is?). Neither US, via DP, nor the investors get a vote so as much as they might want a US/AA merger they have no say in the outcome.

Jim
So it is back to the labor/management negotiating table and take the deal or ????

Back