TWU - Thought Police Cannon Fired

I have just read Rasco's spin on the suspension of the Local 562 officers and himself. It makes no mention, however, of the others. Just Rasco.

What a masterpiece!

He could still spin his way out of this. He is not fit to stand with the others.

Gray Davis really needs to hire him as Minister of Propaganda.

Fellow Members,

I have been directed by Jim Little from the TWUATD office of the TWU International to write to you stating that I oppose AMFA and it’s “raidâ€￾ on the TWU.

I am philosophically opposed to this way of thinking. I believe that if an organization is to grow it must adapt to change or die. In my short term as President I have witnessed many good ideas for change go by the way side do to the entrenched politics of the TWU. For the TWU to survive it must see these outside challenges as opportunities to make positive changes within the organization.

For the TWU to remain the bargaining agent for all of our members it is imperative to change its representational structure. I along with many other Presidents have supported the push for change as the solution to all “raids.â€￾

So, I will not be able to sign any document containing any opposition to any challenge to the TWU as directed by the TWUATD leadership. I will in fact encourage all organizations to challenge the TWU so that we will be forced to change and adapt for the betterment of all our members.

I would hope that my ideals would be understood by our leadership and that they will change their position of pressing charges against me and my fellow Presidents. Let us begin the hard work by engaging in the positive process of change now.

Mark Rasco
President - Local 564

I'm Curious what is unique about this? It looks to me like an Individual who has tucked his tail and ran! No Wonder amfa wants him!

Amfa and Farmout has the same thing in common. They continue to go by the way side. With the Language they continue to Insert in the contracts it won't be long before the Line Stations will be losing their positions also!

TWU SOLIDARITY! The Best Choice!

First it was a sellout and then SEPERATE LOCALS and SELF DETERMINATION

Now it is A SELLOUT and a MAINTENACE DIVISION.

Two things can be observed, one, a strong AMFA DRIVE creates some form of change, and two, the TWU version of change will NEVER stop the SELLOUTS!

Brothers and Sisters,
At the August 6th President’s Council, ATD Director James Little handed out “letters of Solidarity†for the Local Union President’s to sign. The contents of the letter basically reaffirmed our Oath of office and encouraged the Membership to be Loyal to the TWU. The intent of having the President’s sign the letter was to have a show of Solidarity. A photo was recently circulated on various websites and E-mails depicting three TWU Local Union President’s with O.V. Delle-femine, Director of the Aircraft Mechanics Fraternal Association, at a ceremony in San Diego. The picture has been portrayed as an AMFA promotion rather than our Local President’s supporting and recognizing our Profession. It is my belief that this raised concern with the TWU Leadership and they wanted to clear up any misunderstandings, such as the perception that our President’s support AMFA.

I have submitted a Maintenance Restructuring proposal to the International that will give Maintenance our own division and will clean up the outlying stations where we still have Mechanics/Stores Members in Fleet Service Locals. This was going to be the topic of discussion at this President’s council. When I was presented the letter to be signed I asked Jim Little if we were going to be getting our Maintenance division and he asked if I was going to sign the letter. We went back and forth until such time I stated if we are not getting our Maintenance Division I am not signing the letter. Local President’s Schalk and Rasco took the same tact. Jim Little came back a while later and presented us with a letter from Sonny Hall, suspending us from office until such time a trial could be convened. I met with Jim and had discussions over the next day about the restructuring proposal and the change needed within the TWU and the way we do business. At that point I felt confident to sign the letter, and in addition I have a meeting along with the other Maintenance President’s with International President Sonny Hall, on August 21.

I have always been an advocate for change from within and have always done my part in promoting change. The letter I signed was no more than the Oath I have already taken with the TWU and to the Members I Represent. I will continue to fight for change and I am confident in finding resolve with President Hall on August 21st. I realize we have the spin-doctors and the e-mail jockeys out there that will attempt to turn this situation into more than it really is, but I would question their motives. We will schedule a Membership meeting shortly after the Sonny Hall meeting to give a full report and answer any questions you may have.

Fraternally,

Todd Woodward
President
TWU Local 561, AFL-CIO

This is a man with courage, Stand up and fight the battle, Notice the difference in the two!

I have always been an advocate for change from within and have always done my part in promoting change. The letter I signed was no more than the Oath I have already taken with the TWU and to the Members I Represent. I will continue to fight for change

Dave Sounds kinda sorrow that he could not participate!

TWU SOLIDARITY! The Best Choice for Representation!

----------------
On 8/9/2003 7:20:22 PM Checking it Out wrote:

Dave Sounds kinda sorrow that he could not participate!

----------------​
Imagine paying someone $137 000/year who writes like that!
Why dont you come back to NY again and see the guys, I'm sure they will make you even more welcome this time.

----------------
On 8/8/2003 6:45:21 PM Checking it Out wrote:

Bob would you like to have a towel to cry on?

You were informed on many ocassions unless you change who you were supporting this would happen. It was your decission no one elses!

My decision was to pursue change from within, isnt that what you claim members should do? The LMRDA gives me the right to do what I did.

Go back to the floor, and enjoy your time instead of at home writing on this website!

I never left the floor, but it looks like you might be returning to the floor soon! Do you have your 10 years in yet, or is it 5, so you can get your 50% pension from the TWU? What does that come out to $68,500 ? Nice, looks like selling out the members pays well.

----------------

Mem2.jpg

Justice, Sonny Hall style

Along with the fact that Sonny Hall, the accuser, gets to pick three of his subordinates to render judgement I recieved the following information from Hubert Snead, Sonny's hand picked chairman and chief executioner.

"With regard to your being informed prior to the hearing of the details of evidence and testimony against you,(only a witness list was asked for) you are not entitled to discover such information.

So while I know the charges that are being levied against me I dont know what they are using to substantiate such charges in order to prepare a defense!

Change is no modern invention. It is as old as time and as unlikely to dissappear. It always has to counted on as of the essence of human experience.
James Rowland Angell

Bob Owens...what was your position with the TWU? I'm asking because I do not know you as I am new w/ AA @ MCI...thx...SC

_AMT_MCI said:
Bob Owens...what was your position with the TWU? I'm asking because I do not know you as I am new w/ AA @ MCI...thx...SC
I was the treasurer of Local 562, twice elected by an overwhelming majority of the members, once removed by Sonny Hall because he did not like my posts. So much for Democracy or free speach in Sonny's world.

More than likely it has more to do with the fact that I've kept in constant contact with Local 100, the 38000 member Transit workers local that has been standing up to Sonny Hall since the New Directions slate took over two years ago. Sonny does not like the fact that Local 100 has become a Local to be reckoned with, standing up to Federal judges and the Mayor of NYC. Local 100 is working desperately hard to make unions what they should be, an association that works for the benifit of the members instead of just a dues collecting grievance mill. Sonny likes it better the other way so he can have his $200,000/year salary, $900,000 office overlooking Broadway and all sorts of other perks.

Sonny Hall came from Local 100 but at the march/rally they had last December during the height of negotiations he was booed off the stage! It was unbeleivable to hear thousands of TWU members giving the top guy of their union such a reception. Local 100 is a true union in the traditional sense, mobilized, active, political, social and militant. The march started at the MTA headquarters in Brooklyn and was a solid line of Unionists stretched across the entire span of the Brooklyn Bridge right to City Hall where the crowd was so large that you could not even see who was on the stage. They have been very supportive and I feel that any hopes at reforming the TWU lie with them.

Thanks for the response Bob...makes reading these posts more meaningful with a bit of background...I commend you for your focus sir...good luck in your venture and I applaud your quest to enjoy the fruits of unionism...respectfully...Steve Connell

As predicted, Rasco has weasled his way out of the charges, and is reinstated as president of Local 564. No word on the non-weasels in 562.

Bob Owens has already determined he is guilty!

Qoute ;was the treasurer of Local 562,

Typical of AMFA; when it gets tough they get going! Running is typical when cornered!

If you do not believe me than look at who is left representing the members after a few years!

TWU SOLIDARITY!

Back