TWU and the Company reached a Tentative Agreement

You can bet the international will paint a great picture being sure to leave out all of the little things that will make us want to puke once we find out. How many jobs were "saved" and what did they hand over to "save" them. Any holidays restored? Sick time? When will the TWU get around to letting us know? Two or three days before the vote? I have a feeling we have been sold out once again. Bob, what is going on?

With AMFA's open negos you all would know all this already. Sorry, but just saying...

This new TA is offering small change up front and even greater concessions behind it which will be more than what they are offering. Coupled with giving away multi changes in contract language that will effect scope,seniority, and overtime......etc

6 years unacceptable

it is a strong "NO" vote again,

I will not set the bar lower for the industry again!
Us air in negotiations now and UAL going into negotiations end of this year. we will screw ourselves in the long run, we will put the UAL and US air negotiations in check and give their companies leverage not to give them anything because of our TA if passed.

look beyond today and anticpate the future

Did i mention to vote "NO"
Thanks for looking out for the other airline employees. We all need to stick together...our profession is on the line

Well it certainly didn't come from observers. ;)

100% correct sir. If AA had AMFA you all would know exactly what was going on. TWU had no observers so know one really knows how they got to the tenative "agreement" I told you guys this was coming. I also told you that it will be a very quick and fast voting period. Once all the info comes out in writing from the TWU you guys will only have about 2 weeks to vote. The date has already been told that the results will be in the first week of Aug. Here we are at 7-11-12, it will be another week or so before you all have the info and are able to vote, therefore leaving you all only with 2 weeks to vote. How much more can all of you take from your current union?

I know the language will soon be available but if anyone has seen the full text .. fill us in instead of throwing out tidbits that are without proof. Most I've seen seems to be rumor without backing. Was bad enough our "elected" officers negotiating in secret.

Once again, and I repeat, this would not have happend if AMFA was the representational union. Very sad for you guys...

The worst part of this new TA is that anything in there that was monetary was paid for by ourselves. It was a classic shell game move and then is being sold to everyone as the company has moved off their bottom line.
The company is laughing at that. The monetary offering upfront came from giving up our 1st day of sick time not being fully paid, one week less of vacation accrual no increase in holidays or sick time accrual that was previoulsy agreed to.

The Overtime and Field trip language is yet to be written and we are voting on a contract? Who votes on the unknown? You know the company will get their way as they previously have written their intent and the International will say "Grieve it"

MCT gets a line premium? Not without "me too" Brother!

what did the MCT give up to get that line premium?
Could it be, we did?

Nothing in this TA is good for us,our families,the industry, or our
future

What happened to "we will fight like hell"? when did it begin or is pushing a weak contract through a roll call vote fighting like hell.

Now Horton wants to look at US air now that we have a TA, I guess he expects it to pass.......Think again Mr.Wonderful!

Vote NO and take it to the judge

We cannot set the bar lower for the industry again!

100% correct sir. If AA had AMFA you all would know exactly what was going on. TWU had no observers so know one really knows how they got to the tenative "agreement" I told you guys this was coming. I also told you that it will be a very quick and fast voting period. Once all the info comes out in writing from the TWU you guys will only have about 2 weeks to vote. The date has already been told that the results will be in the first week of Aug. Here we are at 7-11-12, it will be another week or so before you all have the info and are able to vote, therefore leaving you all only with 2 weeks to vote. How much more can all of you take from your current union?
TWU Sukkks

The worst part of this new TA is that anything in there that was monetary was paid for by ourselves. It was a classic shell game move and then is being sold to everyone as the company has moved off their bottom line.
The company is laughing at that. The monetary offering upfront came from giving up our 1st day of sick time not being fully paid, one week less of vacation accrual no increase in holidays or sick time accrual that was previoulsy agreed to.

The Overtime and Field trip language is yet to be written and we are voting on a contract? Who votes on the unknown? You know the company will get their way as they previously have written their intent and the International will say "Grieve it"

MCT gets a line premium? Not without "me too" Brother!

what did the MCT give up to get that line premium?
Could it be, we did?

Nothing in this TA is good for us,our families,the industry, or our
future

What happened to "we will fight like hell"? when did it begin or is pushing a weak contract through a roll call vote fighting like hell.

Now Horton wants to look at US air now that we have a TA, I guess he expects it to pass.......Think again Mr.Wonderful!

Vote NO and take it to the judge

We cannot set the bar lower for the industry again!

Chuck could you explain what a roll call vote is. Versus a regular vote and how did it come about.

No here !!!!! (unwritten language) we all know how that works.With a bonus early opener,we sure know how effective that is! It's total BS sold by Tulsa.

Chuck could you explain what a roll call vote is. Versus a regular vote and how did it come about.

A regular vote is each committee member has a single vote. If there are 20 committee members then vote will look something like 12 NO 8 yes

A roll call vote is when a member of the committee motions for the vote to be roll called which means each committee members vote counts for as many people he represents. So if Bob Owens votes for or against, his vote will represent 860 yes or no, John Hewit vote for Tulsa will represent 4,668 yes or no. (numbers are for exercise only not totally accurate)
they record and add up all the numbers and the vote would look something like 2,240 yes 3,422 no
This roll call is typically used to push something through the committee

A regular vote is each committee member has a single vote. If there are 20 committee members then vote will look something like 12 NO 8 yes

A roll call vote is when a member of the committee motions for the vote to be roll called which means each committee members vote counts for as many people he represents. So if Bob Owens votes for or against, his vote will represent 860 yes or no, John Hewit vote for Tulsa will represent 4,668 yes or no. (numbers are for exercise only not totally accurate)
they record and add up all the numbers and the vote would look something like 2,240 yes 3,422 no
This roll call is typically used to push something through the committee

Similar to electoral college votes. It is not Democratic.

Back