SUPPORTING THE PILOTS

l8rd8r

Senior
Oct 21, 2005
I for one am still in shock since after all this is the "GOD ALMIGHTY ALPA". I'm not sure the F/A's senority is safe even though its been a done deal (me too and all).

I'll call Alpa monday to express my concerns for the unfairness but, what else can I do for you?

Schedule the day and I'll call out sick...have no time but, I'll do it. Letter writing ...picket line what ever, just let us know.

As a F/A, my hearts go out to all those career minded East F/O's, this sucks and if this Alpa guy can do anything I hope he does. Keep in mind its not just our little airline its ALPA. And a lot of airlines equal that.

Any airline personal associated with ALPA should be calling on Monday and pulling back your dues.

Everyone should be opened hearted towards any pilot right now. Do not push buttons as this is a scary time and you have no idea what their personal-state-of-mind is. Its not the fault of the West. Just be careful and watchful.
My best wishes to all of us.

"This is the greatest injustice in the history of mankind"

Bart Simpson upon learning Lisa is his babysitter.

My fellow East pilots are outraged because they were not able to steal a West Captain's job.

I've never worked with a more immoral and unethical group of people in my life.

I've never been around a more immoral and unethical group of people in my life.

And I've NEVER seen a more OPPORTUNISTIC BUNCH THAN THE WEST PILOT GROUP RIGHT NOW!

I'm a mere furloughed f/a but whatever I can do to support the East pilot group...let me know...this is morally and fundamentally wrong...and anyone from the west side that disagrees should realize this on a purely humanitarian level.

this is too funny.. as a f/a you seemed so terrified about what is going on with ALPA and the pilots state of mind.. where are you coming from. i doubt you a f/a. just someone wanting to start a topic and laugh.. well guess that i responded to you .. you won and im laughing. the State of Mind of the cockpit crew? im in customer service and work with the cockpit crew and f/a s .. the BEST bunch. they have their days.. yeah dont we all... but the bottom line.. WE are in this TOGETHER. if you are who you say you are.. leave. we all hope that the cockpit crew is having a good day.. I hope the AWA crew who are now serving time in jail for flying under the influence are attending the same class as our CEO. .. its public record for everyone to see and read..

I've never been around a more immoral and unethical group of people in my life.
that is what all of us on the east have been saying about the "business casual" management team that we've inherited...and DESPITE our history of greedy regimes.
if you genuinely believe that DOH is not the ONLY criterion for professional advancement, than you, much like your loser management team, are mistaken.

The whole thing reminds me of the shafting that American Airlines and its unions did to 20,000+ employees of the late TWA.

Correct me if Im wrong but this was a decision made by an arbitrator?
Isnt this the chance you take when something this important goes to abitration, just like the IAM grieviance.

Isnt this the chance you take when something this important goes to abitration, just like the IAM grieviance.
Yes! Just like both AFA groups knew DOH was their policy so too both ALPA groups knew ALPA Merger Policy empowered the arbitrator to rule. To now blame the AWA pilots because one disagrees with Nicolau is specious, disingenuous, and downright ignorant. And to blame ALPA is the same.

(note: I'm insulting the opinions, not the persons expressing them)

I for one am still in shock since after all this is the "GOD ALMIGHTY ALPA". I'm not sure the F/A's senority is safe even though its been a done deal (me too and all).

I'll call Alpa monday to express my concerns for the unfairness but, what else can I do for you?

Schedule the day and I'll call out sick...have no time but, I'll do it. Letter writing ...picket line what ever, just let us know.

As a F/A, my hearts go out to all those career minded East F/O's, this sucks and if this Alpa guy can do anything I hope he does. Keep in mind its not just our little airline its ALPA. And a lot of airlines equal that.

Any airline personal associated with ALPA should be calling on Monday and pulling back your dues.

Everyone should be opened hearted towards any pilot right now. Do not push buttons as this is a scary time and you have no idea what their personal-state-of-mind is. Its not the fault of the West. Just be careful and watchful.
My best wishes to all of us.

The DOH policy that was once included in the ALPA tool chest was lobbied against and removed by none other than, drum role please............AAA ALPA.

And I've NEVER seen a more OPPORTUNISTIC BUNCH THAN THE WEST PILOT GROUP RIGHT NOW!

I'm a mere furloughed f/a but whatever I can do to support the East pilot group...let me know...this is morally and fundamentally wrong...and anyone from the west side that disagrees should realize this on a purely humanitarian level.

Go ahead and make statements without backing them up with cold hard facts. You would be a tremendous asset for the liberal DNC.

The DOH policy that was once included in the ALPA tool chest was lobbied against and removed by none other than, drum role please............AAA ALPA.
Go ahead and make statements without backing them up with cold hard facts. You would be a tremendous asset for the liberal DNC.
Too many AAA's, I believe it was UAL that changed it.

Mtnman

WRONG. It was UAL that spearheaded the change. You are, indeed, a tremendous "asset." This is so wrong I think you are intentional in your aim. AAA has NEVER been associated with this change, in any way. NEVER.

Greeter.

Isn't this the chance you take when something this important goes to abitration, just like the IAM grieviance.
I posted this question on another thread. I believe the pilots of both sides to be intelligent people. I can't imagine that each side didn't consider the possibility that Nicolau might not rule in their respective favor. Maybe I'm wrong. Whenever you go to arbitration, on ANYTHING, you are rolling the dice just a bit. There is NEVER a guarantee that the arbitor will see it "your" way and to fault one side because the neutral ruled in their favor doesn't seem right. By all means be pi$$ed but be pi$$ed at Nicolau, he made the ruling.

Yes! Just like both AFA groups knew DOH was their policy so too both ALPA groups knew ALPA Merger Policy empowered the arbitrator to rule. To now blame the AWA pilots because one disagrees with Nicolau is specious, disingenuous, and downright ignorant. And to blame ALPA is the same.

(note: I'm insulting the opinions, not the persons expressing them)

Ah! a voice of reason. As a F/A I don't like the DOH integration BUT our merger policy dictates that it be done according to seniority. So it is written, so it shall be done. I don't hold the east F/A's at fault for that and to do so would be completely wrong.

I hope the AWA crew who are now serving time in jail for flying under the influence are attending the same class as our CEO. .. its public record for everyone to see and read..

That's almost as tasteless and irrelevant as asking about the folks who took a dip in the drink at LGA or ended up a bit short of CLT due to the impressive acumen of US East crews over the years.

Everyone has baggage.

The whole thing reminds me of the shafting that American Airlines and its unions did to 20,000+ employees of the late TWA.
Bull! There is no comparison between this situation and AA/TWA. HP and US WERE BOTH VERY SICK AIRLINES. US almost shut it's doors and needed the transaction to keep operating. HP was very weak also. Didn't the subsidy and federal loan guarantee that they (HP) received after 9/11 prevent their liquidation? They needed each other. In contrast, AA had a net worth of $7.5 billion at the time and TWA was on deaths door because they did not have a pot to pi$$ in (or a window to throw it out of). AA certainly did not need TWA and would have been much better off without it. Also, with HP/US both pilot groups are ALPA. At AA/TW the unions were different. I assume by your screen name that you are an aircraft mechanic. If so, you should know that the TWA-IAM/AA-TWU went to binding arbitration where you have exactly what you had pre transaction (full seniority in your bases). Or are you just pi$$ed because you couldn't bump a nAAtive out of his base?

Back