Sandra Bland

Glenn Quagmire said:
Since KC Flyer brought it up in another thread, I thought it is worthwhile discussing.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2015/07/25/sandra-bland-funeral-reports-not-eating/30666787/

Yes, I apologize.  It's just that when gun nuts tell me that the second amendment is in place to protect them from the tyranny of the government, I have to scratch my head when they can WATCH tyranny in action and say "if you only did what they told you to, this would never have happened".  

Anxiously awaiting Pete's response to this. 

Right -- someone who was mentally unstable and hung themselves is tyranny in action...

Sorry, as tragic as her death is to her family, I've never encountered too many friends or family who said "yeah, I could see [insert name here] killing themselves" after a suicide. It's almost always a shock.

Trying to blame her arrest for this? Yeah, not convinced there either. Read the full transcript, and you'll see how her own behavior contributed to how the situation escalated. The videos I've seen floating around are all soundbyted to make it look more extreme.

http://lybio.net/sandra-bland-traffic-stop-slammed-head-arrest-video/people/

If it was a Clive Bundy behind the wheel, the comments would surely be different. The cop should have handed her the ticket and walked away. Done.

As for the death, I will wait until the investigation is over.

eolesen said:
Right -- someone who was mentally unstable and hung themselves is tyranny in action...

Sorry, as tragic as her death is to her family, I've never encountered too many friends or family who said "yeah, I could see [insert name here] killing themselves" after a suicide. It's almost always a shock.

Trying to blame her arrest for this? Yeah, not convinced there either. Read the full transcript, and you'll see how her own behavior contributed to how the situation escalated. The videos I've seen floating around are all soundbyted to make it look more extreme.

I dunno....being ordered out of your car...yanked and have a taser pointed at your head for.....not putting out a cigarette.  I KNOW smoking is a vile, nasty habit...but it's not illegal to do it in your own private property.  

But you guys defend this cop's actions....why if she would have just obeyed him, this would never have happened.  You're right - her actions led to a lot of what happened.  One can only imagine what would have happened to her if her attitude would have been more like this:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9EfjvljBsJY[/video]

eolesen said:

That's how liberal brains work.

Fascinating isn't it?

Do

townpete said:

That's how liberal brains work.

Fascinating isn't it?

Yes, that liberal mind.  The mind that believes you have a right to smoke your cigarettes on your own private property without fear that a representative of the government will forcibly remove you from said property.  Or taze you.  Or put you in a chokehold until you die for selling loose cigs on a streetcorner.  The mind that believes that while we should respect law and order, law and order should respect us.  

I think her death and her arrest are only slightly related. Had she not been arrested she would not have died in jail.

There is no law that says I have to be nice to a cop. I have to obey the laws. The cop had no cause to escalate the way he did. I think he wanted to prove how tough he was and as a result... she died in jail.

KCFlyer said:
Do

Yes, that liberal mind.  The mind that believes you have a right to smoke your cigarettes on your own private property without fear that a representative of the government will forcibly remove you from said property.  Or taze you.  Or put you in a chokehold until you die for selling loose cigs on a streetcorner.  The mind that believes that while we should respect law and order, law and order should respect us.  

You and Garfield/Tree need to spoon and console each other over this. 

Its not healthy.

Nice try E, but no cigarette

Her suicide is her reaction/action

This was clearly yet another cop on a power trip.

He was in absolutely no danger, and neither was anyone else.

Pure Tyranny in action, perpetrated on the people by a government agent, and recorded for all to see.

And then defended by the supposedly conservative apologists under the "if you aren't doing anything wrong, you have nothing to worry about" and "just do whatever the out-of-control government agent tells you to do" clause.

Good little Tories and Loyalists all of you.

I say it is time to take all of tje guns, every single one of tjem, away from every single government agency and distribute them randomly amongst The People.

All of The People.

Then we'll see how tough these little Napoleons really are

townpete said:

You and Garfield/Tree need to spoon and console each other over this. 

Its not healthy.

So....cops are never wrong?  I posted the definition of tyranny in another thread, but here it is again, just for you....

arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority.

Put your cigarette out ma'am (while you are in your private property).  She says no.  Alright then, get out of the car.  That seems rather arbitrary.  That seems kind of like unrestrained exercise of power.  That even seems like a little despotic abuse of authority.   But....it was HER fault for not obeying the officers instructions.  And you support him.  

I guess the soccer mom in the video I posted is lucky that this cop wasn't the one who pulled her over.  If he's going to taze you in the face for not putting out a cigarette, God only knows what he would do to someone who said "I could f---ing kill you".  

KCFlyer said:

So....cops are never wrong?  I posted the definition of tyranny in another thread, but here it is again, just for you....

arbitrary or unrestrained exercise of power; despotic abuse of authority.

Put your cigarette out ma'am (while you are in your private property).  She says no.  Alright then, get out of the car.  That seems rather arbitrary.  That seems kind of like unrestrained exercise of power.  That even seems like a little despotic abuse of authority.   But....it was HER fault for not obeying the officers instructions.  And you support him.  

I guess the soccer mom in the video I posted is lucky that this cop wasn't the one who pulled her over.  If he's going to taze you in the face for not putting out a cigarette, God only knows what he would do to someone who said "I could f---ing kill you".  

Delusional Disorder (that would be you)

Delusional disorder, previously called paranoid disorder, is a type of serious mental illness called a "psychosis" in which a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined. The main feature of this disorder is the presence of delusions, which are unshakable beliefs in something untrue. People with delusional disorder experience non-bizarre delusions, which involve situations that could occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, deceived, conspired against, or loved from a distance. These delusions usually involve the misinterpretation of perceptions or experiences. In reality, however, the situations are either not true at all or highly exaggerated.

townpete said:

Delusional disorder, previously called paranoid disorder, is a type of serious mental illness called a "psychosis" in which a person cannot tell what is real from what is imagined. The main feature of this disorder is the presence of delusions, which are unshakable beliefs in something untrue. People with delusional disorder experience non-bizarre delusions, which involve situations that could occur in real life, such as being followed, poisoned, deceived, conspired against, or loved from a distance. These delusions usually involve the misinterpretation of perceptions or experiences. In reality, however, the situations are either not true at all or highly exaggerated.

Thank God I can still buy a gun with that disorder. 

townpete said:

You have yet to address the issue. Do you think it is acceptable for that cop to do what he did?

Back