Root For Us Airways?

Delldude, I have a feeling your in for a surprise my friend. No doubt there will be mechs raising cane, in the end those will lose, the airline will move forward without those.

Even Ashby and other executives have said if one contract gets abrogated the company will liquidate.

USA320Pilot said:
Root for US Airways?

See Story

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="227548"][/post]​

This article is so flawed its tough to even know where to begin.

Consequently, the federal government has written off the $900 million in involuntary taxpayer investment.

Let's see... The government did not "write-off" the debt. They did demand a partial repayment, to which they were entitled under the terms of the deal. However, last I heard, the banks and the ATSB are still on the creditor list for the BK with a priority status. As long as this is a Ch. 11, this debt has not been "written-off".

Also last week, the airline struck a deal for $140 million in short-term financing that should keep it afloat a few more months.

US Airways did not strike a deal for short-term financing. US Airways struck a deal to return aircraft and save on lease payments. As these aircraft probably produce losses, not profits, its not a bad move, but it is not financing (like DIP or equity investment).

So why hope US Airways survives? If US Airways collapses, Myrtle Beach fliers probably would lose their Charlotte-hub alternative to Delta's, Hooters Air's and Air Tran's Atlanta hubs.

Hooters Air's current schedule is more focused on Myrtle Beach than ATL, unless they have some secret ATL hub, unmentioned on their website... Something you would think a person in MYR would know.

Management recently cut a new deal with pilots that will send many into retirement.

Wouldn't furlough be a better word?

Besides, the early retirement issue, is an issue at Delta, not US Airways, as DAL may be getting rid of retirement provisions which include a lump-sum payment option, which has reportedly pushed some DAL pilots into considering early retirement to take the lump-sum payment which may no longer be an option in a few months.

At any rate, the reporters statement is clearly somewhere between "inaccurate" and "incorrect".

And of course, USA320Pilot will use this as proof of something in the future, because it was reported in "The Sun News," which obviously has a grasp on the airline industry... not.

700UW said:
Even Ashby and other executives have said if one contract gets abrogated the company will liquidate.
[post="227632"][/post]​

Right, 700UW, the only question at this point is whether the company can accept contracts that are palatable enough to get ratified by the unions.

I suspect the CWA T/A will pass, and it could be a sign of what an AFA deal could be -- the company backing off a bit from its demands. As for the IAM, I still don't see how the company can get any significant contract relief from that group, and that's what's likely to kill the airline.

Any abrogation will result in a strike -- legal or not. Other groups are almost certain to not cross those picket lines. And that will be the end of the airline.

That's why negotiated deals are the only way. The CWA deal offered some hope. But the survival of US Airways is a long way from assured.

How can a person strike when a judge issues an injunction against such action? That would be contempt and could result in civil penalties including individual fines and jail time.

Now is not the time for anger or emotion, but instead logic to reach the best deal possible.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

USA320Pilot said:
How can a person strike when a judge issues an injunction against such action? That would be contempt and could result in civil penalties including individual fines and jail time.

Now is not the time for anger or emotion, but instead logic to reach the best deal possible.

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="227804"][/post]​
now tell me...have you ever gone 66 mph???
and the judge hasn't yet issued one..
and like i said,where they going to put 4-5000 pit based iam ,afa,cwa?? allegheny county jail??hows about 'b' wing concourse?heinz field??
if they decide to walk...then walk it is. :up:
viva la revolucion B)

delldude said:
now tell me...have you ever gone 66 mph???
and the judge hasn't yet issued one..
and like i said,where they going to put 4-5000 pit based iam ,afa,cwa?? allegheny county jail??hows about 'b' wing concourse?heinz field??
if they decide to walk...then walk it is. :up:
viva la revolucion B)
[post="227808"][/post]​

With all his connections at CCY, I'm sure that A320pilot also has connections high up in the Pentagon. I bet he has already arranged for all you "terrorists" to be housed at Guantanamo Bay. :lol:

Besides, everybody knows that airline management people turn first to the Myrtle Beach Sun-News for the real story on what's happening in aviation. It has always been the paper of record for flying folk. (Or is that the flypaper for folk who record? I always get those two mixed up. :blink: )

This is a great way for the company to fire and bar from the property all who exercise this kind of illegal action, it will work in the companies benefit.

Good luck, you'll need it...

delldude said:
and like i said,where they going to put 4-5000 pit based iam ,afa,cwa?? allegheny county jail?? :up:
viva la revolucion B)
[post="227808"][/post]​

UYH, why dont you use your head?

If any contract is abrogated and any union seeks self-help The ATSB will call the loan and the company is over.

Ashby and numerous other executives have stated that very cleary.

The main lender Sun Yi Trust all ready demanded their money and Bank of America refused to become the tranche lender so now Citibank is the tranche lender.

Back