AMFA's "Me-Too" clause in work

SWAMECH

Veteran
Apr 26, 2005
They had their 2 meetings over the Me-Too clause for our 401K and insurance too I do believe. Not sure if folks are willing to fore go the regular plan in order to get it. However, I do like the option of being able to enroll this fall, and, all the folks already in it can remain in it (grandfather clause). We shall see how this goes over with the membership as a whole. Gotta think this one thru with the wife some more.

Of course this will maintain us being the highest retirement match, dollar for dollar in the passenger airline industry @ 10%.
Thank you AMFA for being pro-active on the Me-Too clauses, and also thx to the other group that was able to get the increase as well. Any boost in retirement is a good thing for any and all employees, period.

AMFA-SWA 401(k) Me-Too Provision Update #2
Aug 05, 2024​
August 2, 2024
As referenced in a previous update, we met with the Company virtually on July 26 (and again on July 29) to negotiate regarding the 401(k) me-too provisions in our respective CBAs as related to improvements recognized by other unionized work groups on the property. We are nearing an agreement-in-principle (AIP) on this issue. Once we reach an AIP, AMFA Legal will promptly work with Southwest to convert that AIP into a tentative agreement (TA). In all likelihood, there will be three separate TA Letters (one for each CBA – AMT, AAT, and FMT), which will be subject to ratification by the membership of the three respective CBAs.
One of the terms and conditions associated with the increased 401(k) contribution secured by other unionized work groups that we can expect to be included within any forthcoming TA is the closing of entry into the Regular Plan. There will be more information provided on this issue as part of the ratification process. However, in short, this would mean any member currently enrolled in the Regular Plan would be allowed to remain in the Plan, and any member not currently enrolled in the Regular Plan would be given the opportunity to enroll in the Plan during this Fall’s open enrollment. Thereafter, a member could remain in the Plan unless and until they decide to depart. However, after this, entry into the Regular Plan would close.
Based on the likelihood that this term will be included in any forthcoming TA, we retained the services of a health insurance expert to analyze our health insurance plans and provide you, the membership, with a summary of those plans to assist with your consideration and decision-making regarding the forthcoming ratification process.
Please do not hesitate to contact your Airline Representative with any questions you may have.
Fraternally,
Your AMFA-SWA Airline Representatives
Louis Upchurch, Local 4
Craig Hamlet, Local 11
Wayne Lampley, Local 18
Ken Patrick, Local 32

The 10% “match” is nice and again yes you can thank the TWU Ramp agents for fighting hard to get what they deserve and not just rolling over for an extension that was “cost neutral” to the Company by giving up work in exchange for money.

TWU I’m sure is pleased that your group can ride their coattails yet again after they put in all the hard work.

IMG_1029.jpeg

They had their 2 meetings over the Me-Too clause for our 401K and insurance too I do believe. Not sure if folks are willing to fore go the regular plan in order to get it. However, I do like the option of being able to enroll this fall, and, all the folks already in it can remain in it (grandfather clause). We shall see how this goes over with the membership as a whole. Gotta think this one thru with the wife some more.

Of course this will maintain us being the highest retirement match, dollar for dollar in the passenger airline industry @ 10%.
Thank you AMFA for being pro-active on the Me-Too clauses, and also thx to the other group that was able to get the increase as well. Any boost in retirement is a good thing for any and all employees, period.

AMFA-SWA 401(k) Me-Too Provision Update #2
Aug 05, 2024​
August 2, 2024
As referenced in a previous update, we met with the Company virtually on July 26 (and again on July 29) to negotiate regarding the 401(k) me-too provisions in our respective CBAs as related to improvements recognized by other unionized work groups on the property. We are nearing an agreement-in-principle (AIP) on this issue. Once we reach an AIP, AMFA Legal will promptly work with Southwest to convert that AIP into a tentative agreement (TA). In all likelihood, there will be three separate TA Letters (one for each CBA – AMT, AAT, and FMT), which will be subject to ratification by the membership of the three respective CBAs.
One of the terms and conditions associated with the increased 401(k) contribution secured by other unionized work groups that we can expect to be included within any forthcoming TA is the closing of entry into the Regular Plan. There will be more information provided on this issue as part of the ratification process. However, in short, this would mean any member currently enrolled in the Regular Plan would be allowed to remain in the Plan, and any member not currently enrolled in the Regular Plan would be given the opportunity to enroll in the Plan during this Fall’s open enrollment. Thereafter, a member could remain in the Plan unless and until they decide to depart. However, after this, entry into the Regular Plan would close.
Based on the likelihood that this term will be included in any forthcoming TA, we retained the services of a health insurance expert to analyze our health insurance plans and provide you, the membership, with a summary of those plans to assist with your consideration and decision-making regarding the forthcoming ratification process.
Please do not hesitate to contact your Airline Representative with any questions you may have.
Fraternally,
Your AMFA-SWA Airline Representatives
Louis Upchurch, Local 4
Craig Hamlet, Local 11
Wayne Lampley, Local 18
Ken Patrick, Local 32

BTW I’m curious. So how much will your Legal Team (Seeham) charge AMFA (The Mechanics) to write up a TA for your FMT’s when you only have about 50 people?

I know, I know. SWAMECH (Swamp) has me on ignore so I have no hope of an answer here.

Let’s see:

SWAMECH (Swamp) has me on ignore.
AMFA National blocked me on X
Dave Stewart blocked me on Facebook
All the other AMFA rats on here seem to have scattered.

These people just can’t stand being exposed can they. 😂

Boink……

Reminder for all the mechanics @ SWA. The deadline is coming this next week on Oct 8th (Tues) @ 10am for the vote on the 401K Me-Too clause and other parameters. Pls take the time to vote on this very important issue regarding out retirement and medical issues.
I voted already and I voted it down. For me, not worth .7% to lose the option of getting on the regular plan that saves employees thousands upon thousands. Yea it does not cover preventatives, but when you shop around, pay out of pocket for preventative, it is still a much lower yearly cost to the regular plan. I also couldn't vote for other employees to lose the option of getting on the reg plan in the future. Run the numbers guys, you can still get the preventatives done and still not reach the expenses of having the other plans (6-8K yr) as well as out of pocket over 8K per yr where oop with regular plan is 2500, huge difference. You can invest that 1.4% into your own retirement account and still be way ahead when on the regular plan. But that's probably not for everyone right now, but can be an option later on to get on when life dictates it. I don't want other employees loosing this option is why I voted it down. Don't forget to vote guys...

AMFA–SWA 401K Me Too Clause Enactment LOA Referendum Notice
September 16, 2024 - AMFA National is currently conducting a system-wide referendum for the AMFA-Southwest Airlines (SWA) 401K Me Too Clause Enactment Letter of Agreement (LOA). The complete text of the LOA is available at your Local and on the voting site for your review and consideration.
Read More

Reminder for all the mechanics @ SWA. The deadline is coming this next week on Oct 8th (Tues) @ 10am for the vote on the 401K Me-Too clause and other parameters. Pls take the time to vote on this very important issue regarding out retirement and medical issues.
I voted already and I voted it down. For me, not worth .7% to lose the option of getting on the regular plan that saves employees thousands upon thousands. Yea it does not cover preventatives, but when you shop around, pay out of pocket for preventative, it is still a much lower yearly cost to the regular plan. I also couldn't vote for other employees to lose the option of getting on the reg plan in the future. Run the numbers guys, you can still get the preventatives done and still not reach the expenses of having the other plans (6-8K yr) as well as out of pocket over 8K per yr where oop with regular plan is 2500, huge difference. You can invest that 1.4% into your own retirement account and still be way ahead when on the regular plan. But that's probably not for everyone right now, but can be an option later on to get on when life dictates it. I don't want other employees loosing this option is why I voted it down. Don't forget to vote guys...

AMFA–SWA 401K Me Too Clause Enactment LOA Referendum Notice
September 16, 2024 - AMFA National is currently conducting a system-wide referendum for the AMFA-Southwest Airlines (SWA) 401K Me Too Clause Enactment Letter of Agreement (LOA). The complete text of the LOA is available at your Local and on the voting site for your review and consideration.
Read More
So much for your "Me too" clause. Sounds to me like your me too clause or lack of scope in the contract, means they'll shaft you any way they can.

Looks like that "industry leading" contract is not so industry leading, take out all the expenses in scope and other details, you're way behind UPS, or any legacy carrier airline for that matter.

AMFA members should go ahead and vote the clowns out of Southwest and go for TWU already...

First it was the 7 year delayed contract, (longest ever in airline negotiations history)

Then it was no new scope and outsourcing all heavy maintenance contract extension... All for an extra 5 bucks 😂

Now they going after your medical. Just to implement the "Me too."

Congratulations to AMFA for the industry leading contract 😆.

Meanwhile American and every other major airline is hiring, they'll slowly trend to top out at or near your rate and never sacrificed anything. While you guys are working with the lowest mechanic count in the industry and thinking you're the best? 😂

Having good scope and clauses in contract means, you dont have to fight for it. Contract negotiations 101.

Either that or your union should vote the crooks out who are in charge. cause they're not working for you.

But it sounds to me like that union is ran by a bunch of old dogs who should retire or would have been fired any where else, the industry is a wake up call for you guys, it aint 1980s anymore.

Last edited:
Back