No to the Alliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1AA said:
Collecting enough cards from both sides in a month is logistically impossible. Title 2 guys were never on board and now we do not know what the USAir guys are interested in doing. We just sit and wait to see if a vote will be conducted.

The only thing logistically impossible is what you believe is impossible and therefore becomes your own reality.

I believe it is possible!

TWU informer said:

The only thing logistically impossible is what you believe is impossible and therefore becomes your own reality.

But realistically speaking...good luck!

TWU informer said:

I agree. Would be a shame to see all those cards already collected go by the waste side.

AANOTOK said:
But realistically speaking...good luck!

When faced with the TWU/IAM Association or Nothing.

The Dynamics change considerably.

After years of the TWU claiming that the AMFA is an association not a real union, and now they create an Association to represent us and advocate large voting turnout in favor.

Even the dumbest of stooges has seen through this scam. The TWU is the best organizer for change that anyone could ever ask for.

TWU informer said:
When faced with the TWU/IAM Association or Nothing.

The Dynamics change considerably.

After years of the TWU claiming that the AMFA is an association not a real union, and now they create an Association to represent us and advocate large voting turnout in favor.

Even the dumbest of stooges has seen through this scam. The TWU is the best organizer for change that anyone could ever ask for.

Agree
Association or nothing is certainly a needle mover.

It certainly is possible to get to 9000 cards, something just south of that is what it will take.

As a fall back, the majority of votes cast wins, including write ins, but first things first, sign a card.

No, if there is a write in and neither gets 50%+1, but combined they do, then there will be a runoff election.

Election procedures have changed.

We are all assuming that a write in is possible. Every drive we had since the 80's there has always been a road block after a road block. Do you think that the nmb or AA will all of a sudden make it easy for amfa to get on the property? We are all guessing until a final decision is made on a vote and what choices we will have. If we collect cards we can get the mindset back on track and when time comes to vote we will have the anti association and amfa push for a write in. Assuming we get a vote with choices.

700UW said:
No, if there is a write in and neither gets 50%+1, but combined they do, then there will be a runoff election.

Prove that with a representation manual reference Mr. Know it All

700UW said:

That's fine, cause if it comes down to a runoff between the AMFA and any other union or combo of them - AMFA will win..

TWU informer said:

Prove that with a representation manual reference Mr. Know it All

700 is wrong - here is relevant section from the NMB representational manual

(emphasis mine)
13.304 Vote Determinations

13.304-1 Valid Votes

Voters will have the opportunity to vote for representation by an organization or individual or for “no representative.” Where the voter’s intent to vote for representation is clear, the vote is valid and will be counted as a vote for representation. If an organization or individual receives a majority of votes cast, it will be certified as the representative. If the majority of votes cast are for “no representative,” there will be no representative certified. In the event of a tie vote between votes for representation and votes for no representation, no representative will be certified.
Valid votes for representation include “write-in” votes which clearly indicate the voter’s desire for representation. A voter must affirmatively “speak in” (telephone) or “write-in” (Internet) the name of an individual or organization to cast a valid vote.

So if only 3 people cast votes, and 2 vote for AMFA - AMFA wins.

The rules have changed I worked the raid in the summer of 2013.

If there are way three unions on the ballot and neither of them individually get 50%+1 but get it combined then the bottom vote getter is dropped, then the two top vote getters have a runoff.

Call the NMB if you don't believe me.

It happened at US fleet service IAM, IBT and USWA were on the ballot no union got the 50%+1, so a runoff happened with the IAM and USWA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back