No to the Alliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ThirdSeatHero said:
Well Gentlemen you have your official 30 day window.

If you want out its time to act. While I'm sure some of the cards previously signed have expired, you should still have a large base still current.

You can't be cheated out of a vote if you get the cards - do it in 30 days time and you're on the ballot.

After all I've witnessed as an outsider both here and through AA/US associates I would suspect the collection at this point would be easy.

Mechanics and related at AA can take control right here right now.

DO IT!

Let's fix the situation!

http://amfanational.org/docs/Forms___Downloads_docs/Authorization_card_web.pdf

Print it out, mail it in. It's FREE!

Buck said:
Early on in the play for the Association, paraphrasing  Gary Yingst VP of Local 514  a vote against the association would would be a vote for no union....

I believe that that has been retracted..

The letter from local 591 in part says 

It is important that TWU officers and activists work hard to get as large a vote as possible, even if there is no competing organization;
You have the letter or link?

dfw gen said:
Just got an email from local 591 saying there will be a vote on the alliance. We MUST VOTE NO.
Can you post it or gives us a link please.

ThirdSeatHero said:
Well Gentlemen you have your official 30 day window.

If you want out its time to act. While I'm sure some of the cards previously signed have expired, you should still have a large base still current.

You can't be cheated out of a vote if you get the cards - do it in 30 days time and you're on the ballot.

After all I've witnessed as an outsider both here and through AA/US associates I would suspect the collection at this point would be easy.

Mechanics and related at AA can take control right here right now.

DO IT!

this is totally up to Tulsa and Title 2. If they are happy with the association then so be it, if they are not happy with association then they will have to show it very quickly in signing cards to change it and i mean very quickly!  If Tulsa and title 2 are upset about it then there has to be 4000 cards signed in 2 weeks to show interest or fade away!

Chuck Schalk said:
this is totally up to Tulsa and Title 2. If they are happy with the association then so be it, if they are not happy with association then they will have to show it very quickly in signing cards to change it and i mean very quickly!  If Tulsa and title 2 are upset about it then there has to be 4000 cards signed in 2 weeks to show interest or fade away!
Title 2 never filled out enough cards in the past to make a difference. They are almost if not worse than the dead sheep in Tulsa. All this thanks to the twu.

iluvaa said:
Chuck ain't gonna happen dude we need to write in the Twu to beat this
NO!!!  You don't have to write in TWU to beat this.  If enough folks would at least sign a card for AMFA, then there will be another choice on the ballot, IF there is a ballot.  Sign the cards guys, get AMFA on the ballot and then let the membership decide who will represent you all.  From what we all have been told from the get go is that it will be the choices of 1-association (TWU/IAM), 2-NO-union, and nothing else. This all was said by 700UW, TWU, and the IAM. Now if someone like AMFA could get enough cards produced by the 30 day deadline, THEN, and only then you guys will have a better choice available than association or non-union or no-union.  Why in the world would the AA mechanics write in TWU after well over 30 years of getting screwed by the TWU???  The TWU does nothing but put you guys at the bottom of the industry for the last several decades.  Get a clue please, there are in fact other options, stop posting that the write in for the TWU to be written in is the ONLY choice, it is not...

So SWAMT,

I thought you posted numerous times, the NMB doesnt handle this?

I mean you made phone calls and posted that, now didnt you?

Swamt I live in reality we've tried many many times ain't gonna happen so might as well do the next best thing and make sure we don't get the association

iluvaa said:
Swamt I live in reality we've tried many many times ain't gonna happen so might as well do the next best thing and make sure we don't get the assoclass and ciation
I see your point, but how do you get the USAir mechanics to vote with you? You must also realize that the new members of your Class and Craft must be considered.

In the next 30 days I will sign an IAM and an AMFA card.

Now is not the time to sit back and claim nothing will happen.
If we sit back and say nothing will happen, then that's what we will get.

We need to make it happen. Sign the cards and submit them.

Fill the ballot with all relevant choices and let's put an end to this for awhile.

Now is the time and the chance to get a membership opinion.

My bet is the TWU gets us our company match prefunding check to sway the vote with a buy off. Don't be fooled this time. Fill the ballot and vote as if this will be the last chance in your career to have a voice.

The following is an excerpt form the TWU 591 website..........States the association will be certified when it receives a majority of votes cast.........
Expect the TWU and IAM to send out the goon squad to they to sell us this sham association..

"The first steps that follow the single carrier determination will be elections, at each of the three classes or crafts, that will determine the certification of the TWU/IAM Association for each class or craft. The Association will be certified when it receives a majority of the votes cast.  It is important that TWU officers and activists work hard to get as large a vote as possible, even if there is no competing organization; a large vote will be to the advantage of our members in later dealings with the airline."

http://www.local591.com/?zone=/unionactive/view_article.cfm&HomeID=485154

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back