No to the Alliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My vote goes for the Alliance. Lets take the best of both of our contracts and get to one combined industry leading contract. Let us get this settled while Doug and Co. are feeling generous. This has dragged on long enough.

Docker said:
My vote goes for the Alliance. Lets take the best of both of our contracts and get to one combined industry leading contract. Let us get this settled while Doug and Co. are feeling generous. This has dragged on long enough.
Voting for a new and Better choice won't delay us getting a JCBA any longer than the IAM and TWU already has.

In its ruling Wednesday, the mediation board said if other labor unions want to represent the workers, those unions have 30 days to file an application with authorization cards from 50 percent of the work group. If there are no other interested unions, the alliance would become the union representative without an election.

American thanked the board for its “thoughtful” consideration of the joint union application.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/aviation/sky-talk-blog/article18603720.html

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/aviation/sky-talk-blog/article18603720.html#storylink=cpy

Well our union leaders are saying something different who should be believe the newspaper or union presidents. Weasel got any thoughts on that

Thanks I'll take your opinion of me under advisement. And I'm one of the card getters in Tulsa so way to change my mind on what we should do. I'll give you a list of some more guys and you can give them a pep talk also

Nothing mentioned in the nmb decision released yesterday. If they said or he said then documentation needs to be released. I'm not saying either way on a vote but the union from the beginning said there will be a vote on the association. They again released the same info yesterday. They must be in contact with the nmb. We as members for the moment are left guessing. One thing for sure is that if there is a way for the union and the nmb to screw us they will.

iluvaa said:
Thanks I'll take your opinion of me under advisement. And I'm one of the card getters in Tulsa so way to change my mind on what we should do. I'll give you a list of some more guys and you can give them a pep talk also

Wow, the power of persuasion does work easily in Tulsa!!

iluvaa said:
Well our union leaders are saying something different who should be believe the newspaper or union presidents. Weasel got any thoughts on that
I stated my "opinion" quite awhile back on these boards and really have no interest in getting wrapped up again with the back and forth with certain individuals on this forum who have other motivations and agendas.

Right now what I see is those who want that certain alternative that they keep touting up have less than 30 days to make it happen.

If it's really what the membership want as a majority then I wish you all the best. The clock is ticking for sure now.

So, would the ballot look like this:

1. Association/Alliance (TWU/IAM)
2. No Representation
3.Write in (which could be TWU or IAM or possibly AMFA if you get the cards)

enough already said:
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/business/aviation/sky-talk-blog/article18603720.html
"If there are no other interested unions, the alliance would become the union representative without an election."
I have been trying to warn people of the possibility of this happening. And this why I also suggested to have another union on the ballot (not a write in) so the membership would not be forced into the association or go non union as it has been suggested by the two and I am. I would strongly suggest that the AMFA organizers kick in high gear for the next 3 1/2 weeks.

But wait, you said the NMB won't be involved or hold a vote, you quoted a NMB source, so what happened?

swamt said:
I have been trying to warn people of the possibility of this happening. And this why I also suggested to have another union on the ballot (not a write in) so the membership would not be forced into the association or go non union as it has been suggested by the two and I am. I would strongly suggest that the AMFA organizers kick in high gear for the next 3 1/2 weeks.
Collecting enough cards from both sides in a month is logistically impossible. Title 2 guys were never on board and now we do not know what the USAir guys are interested in doing. We just sit and wait to see if a vote will be conducted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back