No to the Alliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
scorpion 2 said:
I left nothing out. I merely posted the information that was presented. After doing some research you are correct by reading this link I found. The attempt was made and turned down by the PBGC who was asked to foot the bill for the underfunding.

The PBGC should have the authority and willingness to implement creative labor-management solutions to preserve pension benefits. At United Airlines, the IAM and United negotiated a proposal that would have included restoration funding by the PBGC and transferring United’s pension liabilities to the IAM National Pension Plan. It would have left United in substantially the same position as it is today, following termination, and would have saved the PBGC $500 million dollars while preserving pension benefits for our members. Unfortunately, the PBGC rejected the deal.http://www.finance.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/rrtest060705.pdfNow if you read the letter in full you'll see that the IAM had proposed to UAL in 2000 that they FREEZE the plan and transfer their members into the IAMPF going forward.
In 2005 from reading the letter rather than the pensions being thrown on the PBGC now that UAL had underfunded them, the IAM DID propose to take over the entirety of the pension plans. If you look at the financials of the PBGC it is almost catastrophically underfunded. There is a very strong future likelihood that absent a taxpayer bailout, substantial raising of the insurance premiums charged to companies or "Reduction In Payouts" the PBGC will likely one day become insolvent. Can you guess which one will likely take place one day?
So the way I look at it the IAM sought to preserve as much as they could of that Pension and the liabilities since it was going to be thrown into a riskier proposition anyway and take on that fund by putting it into the IAMPF.Ours is currently frozen and is no longer at risk of being thrown on the PBGC. Plus the company made accelerated payments to the tune of an extra $700 Million dollars above obligations for 2014. Trying to compare Apples and Oranges against the two very different scenarios doesn't quite stack up.  

7 minutes to hook the fish. 7 days and we bring the boat back to harbor, tie up the lines and batten her down for the season.

WeAAsles said:
Thanks again for your response.
WOW!!! You still didn't get it did you?  Look back, re-read and re-post.  Let me help you out hre a little just like I have to do with others that post and preach NOTHING they know,  "I AM NOT AN AMFA ORGANIZER"  Where the hell did you ever get that?  Get a clue dude your WAY behind, but nice try...

scorpion 2 said:
The twu sold that garbage and mislead people into voting yes on it. Got the company their dream contract though. Great job twu! 
Yes and he wants to still support and promote the TWU...

swamt said:
WOW!!! You still didn't get it did you?  Look back, re-read and re-post.  Let me help you out hre a little just like I have to do with others that post and preach NOTHING they know,  "I AM NOT AN AMFA ORGANIZER"  Where the hell did you ever get that?  Get a clue dude your WAY behind, but nice try...
Of course you're an organizer. The AMFA does not have a dedicated organizing division so your advocacy makes you one of their grass roots organizers.

The problem is that you're very BAD at it. You don't inform people that your group is unable to secure or even get close to securing a contract there at SWA. You need to be able to spin it that it's part of the master plan.

Are you purposely trying to blow this?

WeAAsles said:

I wouldn't go that far.

Then you don't need to question who I say I am anymore if you're not really interested in checking.

Pretty clear you're sold on the association,

I'll let it grow on me and give it a chance. Nothing ever works if you're not even willing to give it a chance in the first place.

and convinced your frozen pension won't be messed with.

100% POSITIVE!!!!!!!

From what I'm hearing on the ramp & hangar, there seems to be a lack of confidence in the association, and their intentions.

There should be since they rolled it out without even giving us a chance to approve it. They have their work cut out for them. The emphasis is on them to prove any doubters wrong. We'll see?????

If you were a "line AMT", I'm sure you would have a different point of view.

Maybe? I don't know what's in all of your minds? But I did notice you specified "LINE AMT" again. I always seem to catch you guys leaving out that you have others who are a part of your Class and Craft? 

WOW!!! You are so brainwashed it is pathetic. Do you really believe that the pension is 100% safe??? What a moron if you think so...

swamt said:
WOW!!! You are so brainwashed it is pathetic. Do you really believe that the pension is 100% safe??? What a moron if you think so...
Here fishy. Nibble nibble. The skillet is greased and my fillet knife is sharp.

WeAAsles said:
Of course you're an organizer. The AMFA does not have a dedicated organizing division so your advocacy makes you one of their grass roots organizers.

The problem is that you're very BAD at it. You don't inform people that your group is unable to secure or even get close to securing a contract there at SWA. You need to be able to spin it that it's part of the master plan.

Are you purposely trying to blow this?
Keep posting moron, you are looking better and better NOT knowing what you are talking about...

WeAAsles said:
Here fishy. Nibble nibble. The skillet is greased and my fillet knife is sharp.
You act like a 5 year old.  Keep posting your doing a fine job DA...

swamt said:
Keep posting moron, you are looking better and better NOT knowing what you are talking about...

You act like a 5 year old.  Keep posting your doing a fine job DA...
Oh good I thought I lost you. So again how's that contract coming along? Oh really? So you say. That bad huh?

DA? You mean Dave? Yes that's my name.

WeAAsles said:
Is that AMFA? It ain't that bad. I know they do represent Alaska Airlines but they at least got a few guys who work in the sunshine.

No that's you and your nibble - keep waving that pole around, it seems its all that you're good at.

The WeAAsle won't admit it on this forum but he wants AMFA to get enough
cards so there will be a vote. He dislikes the Association as much as the rest
of us so he becomes "The enemy of our enemy is our antagonist".
 The Association was negotiated on the TWU side by a guy who is gone, and
I'am sure better off financially for it. If AMFA can guarantee a vote the TWU is
in a no lose situation, sure they will most likely lose the mechanics (but then
again stranger things have happened).
 But even if they lose title 1, they will pick up all the rest of the title groups at
at USair = a wash. But the Association will be history. 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back