No to the Alliance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CMH_GSE said:
Any way we can get you on the negotiating committee ?
Totally agree on 401k being the vehicle that needs to be touted , but the IAM and TWU are hell bent for leather to make the IAMNPF relevant, the reason is simple, control.

If that's not true, then prove me wrong, put it writing that the 401k will be the focus, not the IAMNPF.
So now they're "Hell bent for leather" huh? Great tune. I met the Mighty Priest back in DFW.

I miss the good old days. Thanks for the reminder.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t32WOSc5N6Y

9 more days for those who say no to ALLIANCE and collecting  those AMFA cards . My bet is NMB certifies ASSOCIATION for ALL !  IAMTWU class/craft AAL Workers  for JCBA's. No elections. Real change $$$ will come in 2016 for Airline Worker's IF ! the RLA is amended and WE  are able to STRIKE legally ? VOTE ! CLINTON/ DEMOCRATS in 2016 . 

bob@las-AA said:
I have enclosed a link to a PDF about pensions and the amount of funding it should have.
This should dispel 700UW fear mongering of it being underfunded.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7qadFaPIn_uQzVweWY2WF9GZ00/view?usp=sharing
How is what your frozen pension plan put out fear mongering?

It is the facts AA had to publish under ERISA as they are required too.

It cleary shows the TWU pension funds at AA are almost $2 billion underfunded.

700UW said:

And if it were it would still be 101% funded under the iamnpf guidelines. 

1AA just ignore him.  He is obviously working with or for the IAM to get this association brought in.  He knows nothing about will or will not happen and is only predicting or assuming what might happen with this BS association. He has constantly spread lies and mis-truths about everything surrounding this BS association. He has said for fact that there would be a vote no matter what when the NMB has stated, in writing that there will only be a vote IF another union shows interest and is able to get enough cards in to get a vote, otherwise, they (NMB) will in fact bless and certify this BS association.  You guys have to get it done this time around or forever have to deal with this association and the in-fighting already starting and will continue thru-out the rest of your careers.  Aprox 8 days left and why are all the AMFA organizers so damn quiet? Where are their info?  What the hell is really going on there at AA with the drive?  Some folks are reporting that the cards are flying in from everywhere, well are they? Or are they not?  We can all only hope they are working very quietly and diligently to still get this done and get AMFA ON the ballot.  My God what does it take for you guys to get involved and make change for the better of the entire membership is beyond me at this point...

700UW said:

You are afflicted with a number of conditions, too numerous to list.
I will call this one the "Chicken Little Syndrome" ...."the fund is low, the fund is low"
I will not get into how much I will get monthly from the AA pension, because it is none of you business.
And as a matter of fact the whole subject of American Airlines is none of you business. But it is part of another condition you suffer from. 
You shouldn't poke around like "Nancy Drew"  always looking to uncover the next wrongdoing, Now I believe, that you believe, you are doing this in the best interest of the people. To bring to light the such heinous and egregious corporate shenanigans. Your obsessive need to stand on a soap box and belittle and berate the heathens of their misguided thinking, makes me think that every forum has their IDIOT, and we have ours. YOU.
You do not work for AA or for a airline, and have no affiliation with any union, or are gainfully employed? Looking at the amount of your posts you spend a great deal of time in on this forum, time better spent on more productive pastimes. The length of your posts suggests that you are a person with very little intellect and harbors a strong dislike of people that don't agree with you. You must have been wronged in the past and you feel that it is your duty to warn others.
Now as far as AA pension plan funding. It is funded for the future conditions as they exist now, taking into account the present drawdown, returns on investment, future market conditions, and the probability of "X" amount of people retiring within "X" amount of years. The 100.73 is a level for those conditions in the future or "X' amount or years. The fund should have a strategy to attain a level of 100% within a reasonable amount of time. Our pension, not yours, is fine. The final words I will write is that you should not comment further on any of AA forums. You posts are antagonistic and condescending and you need to refrain from posting all together. 

WeAAsles said:
Bob the item you posted speaks about an 80% funding level. When you look at the letter provided by the company it appears that our Pension currently is only around 60% funded.
How did you come up with that 60%

bob@las-AA said:
How did you come up with that 60%

As of December 31, 2014, the fair market value of the Plan’s assets was estimated at $3,747,000,000.

On this same date, the Plan’s liabilities, determined using market rates, were estimated at $5,610,000,000.

So according to the company's own figures the (TWU portion) is currently underfunded by an estimated $1,863,000,000

WeAAsles said:

As of December 31, 2014, the fair market value of the Plan’s assets was estimated at $3,747,000,000.

On this same date, the Plan’s liabilities, determined using market rates, were estimated at $5,610,000,000.

So according to the company's own figures the (TWU portion) is currently underfunded by an estimated $1,863,000,000

the total assets        = $3,532,696,992
Carryover Balance   = $0
Prefunding
Balance                    =$77,800,000
Net Plan Assets        = $3,532,696,992 - $0 - $77,800,000 = $3,454,896,992
Plan Liabilities           =$3,429,735,312

The ratio to assets to liabilities =$3,454,896,992 divided by $3,429,735,312 = 1.007336332897749 %

bob@las-AA said:
the total assets        = $3,532,696,992
Carryover Balance   = $0
Prefunding
Balance                    =$77,800,000
Net Plan Assets        = $3,532,696,992 - $0 - $77,800,000 = $3,454,896,992
Plan Liabilities           =$3,429,735,312

The ratio to assets to liabilities =$3,454,896,992 divided by $3,429,735,312 = 1.007336332897749 %

Bob is your formula only factoring in "current" liabilities against what the projected future liabilities of the fund may need?

I have not yet retired and of course I have no clue how long I might live. That is why when those formulas are drawn up they use the word "projections"

As of right now at this moment yes AA has met there liability for funding "TARGET" for the year 2014.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back